Help! Problems migrating transact-sql code to SQL Anywhere 5.5

Hi everyone,

We are migrating an application developed to Sybase SQL Server 11.0 to
SQL Anywhere 5.5 and,
for now, the following SQL Anywhere limitations are killing us:

1. It does not accept rollback in triggers.

2. Raiseerror interrupts triggers execution.

3. Temporary table created in a stored procedure can not return the
result rows to clients

Does Anyone know how to bypass this SQL Anywhere Transact-SQL
limitations?:

Does anyone know if ASA SQL Anwwhere 6.0 resolves this problems?

Thanks in advance,

Eva Correia,
Technology Director.

0
TRENDS

>>3. Temporary table created in a stored procedure can not return the
result rows to clients
<<

What method are you using to do this?  I've used temp tables quite a bit
and they work great.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Houston, TX

0
Jim
8/15/1998 4:58:47 PM

TRENDS wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are migrating an application developed to Sybase SQL Server 11.0 to
> SQL Anywhere 5.5 and,
> for now, the following SQL Anywhere limitations are killing us:
>
> 1. It does not accept rollback in triggers.

Rollback work or rollback trigger?

> 2. Raiseerror interrupts triggers execution.
>

> 3. Temporary table created in a stored procedure can not return the
> result rows to clients

What happens?  I've done this quite a bit?  Create a temp table, massage
the data, and do a select to return it back.

> Does Anyone know how to bypass this SQL Anywhere Transact-SQL
> limitations?:
>
> Does anyone know if ASA SQL Anwwhere 6.0 resolves this problems?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Eva Correia,
> Technology Director.

0
David

Web resources about - Help! Problems migrating transact-sql code to SQL Anywhere 5.5 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Transact-SQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transact-SQL ( T-SQL ) is Microsoft 's and Sybase 's proprietary extension to SQL . SQL, the acronym for Structured Query Language, is a standardized ...