help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6?

I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it
be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs?

Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of
the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on
this.

Thanks,

Mairi Reyer
-1
Mairi

>I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it
>be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs?

I haven't heard anything about that.

>Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of
>the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on
>this.

The only information Ihave is what was revealed at the PS Annual
conference in September.  SA6 will be named "Adaptive Server
Anywhere".  It will offer SMP.  It will include various OO
capabilities including java class data types, and java virtual
machine.  You will be able to write stored procedures in Java.

There is also a Unix version already available in beta, and I presume
that it will be GA by the time v6 is out.

Presumably it will offer increased compatability with System 11, now
"Adaptive Server Enterprise".

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup - I don't respond to email requests <
-1
leotohill
11/6/1997 2:47:13 AM
>Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of
>the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on
>this.

In the hour since I wrote my previous response I came across today's
press release for "adaptive server anywhere 6.0 " (new name for sql
anywhere).  See http://www.sybase.com/inc/corpinfo/press/24b6.htm
Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup - I don't respond to email requests <
1
leotohill
11/6/1997 3:52:38 AM
I don't know if this answers the question directly, but PowerDesigner 6
(used to be called S-Designer) puts its docs, and SQL Anywhere docs, in
some silly thing called DynaText.

Mairi Reyer <mreyer@pervasive.com> wrote in article
<3460AFE2.6476@pervasive.com>...
> I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it
> be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs?
>
> Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of
> the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on
> this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mairi Reyer

0
Chris
11/6/1997 8:56:28 PM
I can't stand DynaText either.  I didn't like it for Netware and it sucks
just as much for SQL Server.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

Tell us how you really feel!  You know we don't like fence straddlers around
here!

Carson

Carson Hager                     Dynamic Data Solutions
Team Powersoft                 http://www.dyn-data.com
chager@dyn-data.com

Jim Egan wrote in message <01bceb85$98a8ac60$cb0ba8c0@jegan>...
>I can't stand DynaText either.  I didn't like it for Netware and it sucks
>just as much for SQL Server.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>Dealer Solutions, LLC
>Houston, TX

0
Carson

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Help with SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.x
Cheers: I'm working on PowerBuilder using a SQL Server 6.5 database, but sometimes I have to change to SQL Anywhere 5.3 because of it's portability, but all of the SQL instructions are created in upper case (in SQL Server), and SQL any... only recognizes this instructions in lower case, so I have to change the instructions everytime, because SQL Server does not recognize lower case either. I am trying to find about it working with DBParm, but I haven't found anything yet in the online help. Is there a way to solve this problem so I can work with both plattforms wit...

SQL Anywhere 6.0 License Information
I no longer have my product license sheet from my original purchase. I am looking for some of the details on that page, specifically the details on reselling unused licenses, or reselling existing licenses. Can you post a link to the ASA 6.0 or SQL Anywhere 6.0 Product License Agreement? You should discuss this with sales. <Matt Danger> wrote in message news:40d88112.6cd0.1681692777@sybase.com... > I no longer have my product license sheet from my original > purchase. I am looking for some of the details on that > page, specifically the details on reselling unused...

Adaptive Server Anywhere and SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0.1
Can any one tell me about the diference between theses two products? How many clients can i have with sql anywhere studio? How many connections can i have per client? Thanks in advance agostinho@ipt.pt >Can any one tell me about the diference between theses two products? >How many clients can i have with sql anywhere studio? How many connections >can i have per client? SQL Anywhere studio is a package that include the Adaptive Server Anywhere DBMS. It also includes PowerDynamo, Infomaker, and a designer tool. I think that the studio comes with a 5-seat (5-use...

Adaptive server anywhere and sql anywhere studio 6.0.01
Can any one tell me about the difference between theses two products? If i purchase the single user version of sql anywhere studio can i later add licence's user or i must purchase the multiuser version (5 users)? How many clients can i have with sql anywhere studio? How many connections can i have per client? Thanks in advance SQL Anywhere Studio 6, is a suite of products, one of the products is Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0. Yes you can upgrade your licence later on. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Agostinho Sousa wrote in mes...

PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity
I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as an exe. I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1). I've done this and still have the same problems. Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1 desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe. If, it can be done then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative suggestions. BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no probl...

PB Desktop 6.0 & SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 Problem
I am using Power Builder Desktop version 6.0 and SQL Anywhere Studio Version 6.0. I am not able to access my databases which have been build in SQL Anywhere 6.0 because PB Desktop has the 'ODBC' drivers which it can talk to 'built in'. I have read somewhere on the Sybase web site, that if I download the PB 6.5.1 EBF/Update files and install them, then the problem should go away. It has to some extent, I can now see SQL Anywhere 6.0 in the Power Builder Desktop ODBC list, but when I try to connect I get the following error message :- Unsupported ODBC Driver &quo...

HELP:This SQL runs on Anywhere 5.5 but not on 6.0
Hi, Recently we upgraded from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0. In doing so, we came across a weird problem. An SQL statement that runs fine on 5.5 and 5.0, does not run on 6.0. The SQL was generated by Crystal Reports pro. 6.0, and looks like this: SELECT Klient."Navn", Cremul."Filnavn", RptReskontro."Kunde_ID", RptReskontro."KID", LIN."Lin_ID", LIN."Fil_ID", LIN."Dato", LIN."Mottakerkto", LIN."Belop", SEQ."BetKto", SEQ."Belop", LIN...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

SQL Anywhere #6
Whats better? SQL Anywhere or Informix. The company I work wants to buy PB, but they have not picked a database yet. I am hoping for Informix, since there is more demand for those skills, but would like to know the advantages/disadvantages of both. That really depends upon what kind of applications you intend to build. Would you care to give a good bit more detail? Thanks, Carson ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-dat...

SQL Anywhere 6
Hi Where can i find information for SQL Anwhere any help is aprreciated. Raheel What type of information are you looking for? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 Raheel <rsolkar@neonsoft.com> wrote in article <QpU5xpew9GA.80@forums.powersoft.com>... > Hi > Where can i find information for SQL Anwhere > any help is aprreciated. > > Raheel > > > > > > On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:06:54 +0100, "Rahe...

[Help Me] Have problem to connect PowerJ application to SQL Anywhere 6.0!
I have some problem in database connection. I would like to create some application to retrieve and update some table that has been created in SQL Anywhere 6.0. So far, I know that I have to use JDBC to solve this problem. However, I don't know how to that because I am new in PowerJ and SQL Anywhere. I hope somebody can do that. If you have some idea, please send e-mail to me. Thank you in advance for your answer OOB. annoob@earthlink.net ...

HELP! Install Sheild Free Edition with PB 6.0 Desktop and SQL Anywhere
Can someone forward me a copy of the SETUP.RUL script for Install Shield Free Edition with PB 6.0 Desktop and SQL Anywhere????? OR Can someone tell me if the Registry entries on the Sybase web site listed for PB 5.0 are the same for PB 6.0??? George E. Haney III ...

Pipeline between SQL Anywhere and Sql Server 6.5
I have created pipelines between Sql anywhere and Sql Server and execute them in an application. When I connect with an ODBC driver (Sql Server 3.70.06.23) to the SQL server database , I receive the error -4: table does not exist When I connect with the native driver PBmss60.dll , I can transfer the the data without problems. Thanks a lot Fabienne In article <iuuu#XP3#GA.237@forums.sybase.com>, fabienne.vanhoorebeeck@telepolis.antwerpen.be says... > When I connect with an ODBC driver (Sql Server 3.70.06.23) to the SQL server > database , I receive the error -...

Web resources about - help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Did Senator Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
A Republican senator is investigating whether Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz released classified information while discussing the ...

Calvary Private Hospital failed to disclose cost information to patients: ACCC
Calvary Private Hospital failed to give patients sufficient information, leading some to experience &quot;bill shock&quot;.

Information Overload Causes Fatigue Among Smartphone Users
The Internet has connected humans to more information than ever. Between checking their phones dozens of times a day and constantly updating ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

Apple’s Maps app adds Los Angeles public transit information
Apple’s Maps application now supports public transit information for Los Angeles, California, forming a continuation of the service’s gradual ...

- Rosenblum will propose law on notifying people when their information has been hacked
SALEM — Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told lawmakers on Wednesday the state’s privacy laws need to be updated to keep up with cyberthreats ...

Did Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Sen. Richard Burr asked his staff to check on something Cruz said during the fifth GOP debate Tuesday night ...

It’s Time To Rescue Any Information You Value From Rdio
As we reported about a month ago, the streaming music service Rdio has been acquired by Pandora . Rather than keeping the service alive, Pandora ...