Has anyone read it?

I've been looking for a review by anyone who's read Carter's new book, SQL
Anywhere Studio 9  Developer's Guide.  Can anyone point me to where I can
find if others have enjoyed this new text?  TIA

Looks like it hasn't been released yet.

On Barnes and Noble, it appears to be listed wrong.  (SQL 2000 Anywhere?
Huh?)
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=z0s1DvrJMR&isbn=1556225067&itm=1

Amazon has a better price.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556225067/qid=1086192413/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5120465-1628133?v=glance&s=books

Jim

"J O Holloway" <respond.to.group@your.convenience> wrote in message
> I've been looking for a review by anyone who's read Carter's new book, SQL
> Anywhere Studio 9  Developer's Guide.  Can anyone point me to where I can
> find if others have enjoyed this new text?  TIA

0
Jim
6/2/2004 4:20:06 PM
I think the only person who has read the book is Breck Carter himself (and
some stuff of his publisher). There is no big choice when looking for a book
about Anywhere Studio and it is certainly much cheaper than the printed
documentation of ASA 9.

So why not just order it? ;)

Best regards

Markus

> I've been looking for a review by anyone who's read Carter's new book, SQL
> Anywhere Studio 9  Developer's Guide.  Can anyone point me to where I can
> find if others have enjoyed this new text?  TIA

0
MarkusHofer
6/2/2004 5:06:11 PM
On 2 Jun 2004 09:01:20 -0700, "J O Holloway"
<respond.to.group@your.convenience> wrote:

>I've been looking for a review by anyone who's read Carter's new book, SQL
>Anywhere Studio 9  Developer's Guide.  Can anyone point me to where I can
>find if others have enjoyed this new text?  TIA

AFAIK it will hit the shelves in the first week of July. It goes to
the printer this week. I am actually putting the finishing touches on
the index this morning :)

Breck

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
Breck Carter [TeamSybase] wrote:

> AFAIK it will hit the shelves in the first week of July. It goes to
> the printer this week. I am actually putting the finishing touches on
> the index this morning :)

Would this be called:  hot ON the presses?

Looking forward to it!
greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions

What generals generally do

Does anyone read the ToS?
I know most people don't read the license agreements they agree to, but does anyone? Some of them are just crazy. For example, the new version of the instant messaging client Trillian has your permission to send copies of your messages to the mothership for them to use. The popular website Facebook "may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Facebook service..." Huh? You can create a whole dossier on me? Why? And why would I allow this? What's even worse is that nobo...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

Stop anyone reading over your shoulder
http://oculislabs.com/Products/ChameleonP.htm (from comp.risks) Colin wrote: > > http://oculislabs.com/Products/ChameleonP.htm > > (from comp.risks) I call bullshit. Jerod Lycett wrote: > Colin wrote: >> http://oculislabs.com/Products/ChameleonP.htm >> >> (from comp.risks) > I call bullshit. I think you are right. It is an interesting idea, but I think it would only protect against a non recorded attack. If someone recorded a video of the screen, you could step through screen shots looking for anything that is spelled correctly ...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

anyone ever read these anymore?
Anyone ever read these anymore? Yep, I read them every day. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. Hi Andrew, Just was hoping someone would have a comment for me on my other post which is: Anytime I download or upload anything to the netware server using ifolder or netstorage , my web browsers on the other machines won't surf the web until the uploads or downloads are done... Have no idea why it w...

How to mark read email and read only read mail from pop3
I have to algorithm that reads and deletes from the server emails. I need to modify it to not read email that is all ready read and mark the mail read as read. Thanks in advance Donald S. Bossen Cnt := CheckMessages; FldNoOrder.Text := IntToStr(Cnt); for x := 1 to Cnt do begin try FldOfOrd.Text := IntToStr(x); Msg.Clear; if IdPop.Retrieve(x,Msg) then begin ExtractOrderMessage(x); // ...

anyone reading forums today?
anyone reading forums? I am very stuck Lance yes. What is up? Mike Gerst Texas A&M Univ. -- MGERST ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MGERST's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4839 View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=321929 Maybe it should be "What is down?" "MGERST" <MGERST@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message news:MGERST.3719bz@no-mx.forums.novell.com... > > yes. > > What is up? > > Mike Gerst > Texas A&M U...

datareader.read() reading more then once?
why i'm unable to read the reader more then once? here is the my datareader: first time reading: while (reader.Read()) { if (usePaging) { //Get to the start of the page if (rowIndex < startRowIndex) { rowIndex++; continue; } //Break out of the loop if end of the page if (rowIndex >= endRowIndex) break; } } second time using the same datareader to count number of reco...

Read/not read behavior
I'm trying to figure out some behaviors in TB 2 as I learn to use it. 1. I've noticed that sometimes when I read a message, it is marked as read (goes from red to black), but sometimes that does not happen. I've attached an example show that the lowest header, which has been read and the text downloaded remains in red, while other read messages are correctly marked as read. If I manually mark that lowest message as "read", it correctly turns to black, but not when I just actually read it like others do. Is this normal? How to correct it? -- Jeff@notaol.com ...

Anyone know how to read this error?
I can't figure out what is causing this error. I'm trying to deploy a web app on a remote server and this pops up when I try to view any of the pages. The app works fine on my localhost. If anyone has come across this type of error, or can even read the stack trace, I would be further ahead than I am now. Here's the error message: Server Error in '/' Application. _____ ? Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

come on SQLdatareader....read....read....read...ok help.
OK, I'm using VS2003 and I'm having trouble. The page works perfectly when I created it with WebMatrix but I want to learn more about creating code behind pages and this page doesn't work. I think it has some things to do with Query builder but I can't seem to get change outside "please register". I have the table populated and it is not coming back with "login successful" or "password wrong" when I've entered correct information. Enclosed is what I've done in VS2003. Can you see where my error is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. ...

Re: Compaq BIOS help please, anyone? anyone? anyone?
Can some good person point me to a page where i can set the correct BIOS settings for my Compaq EP 6350 please? I thought stuff windows 2000, if im going to beat this damn fault why its not installing windows i need to look at a different angle so ive formatted , installed Windows 98SE and AHAH! Win98 spits the dummy too! Except its alot easier to troubleshoot as it boots faster and so im not wasting time. Ive narrowed the problem down to the BIOS (Im 55% sure). Ive only got a monitor, CPU and hard drive working in it and they have all been swapped with others too, so i k...

Can anyone read a Dr. Watson??
I have created a monitoring program that sends out email messages if certain conditions are met on a manufacturing floor. The program works flawless for a while then after a certain amount of time I get a Dr.Watson. I can not figure out if it is caused by the number or type of processes, amount of memory used,... etc. I have tried building it in to an exe but still get the same error. The program runs on a timer event and I have it set so it starts on a whole minute and queries every 60 seconds, so I find it unusual that application error occurs outside of a whole minute. O...

Web resources about - Has anyone read it? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Peyton Manning says he'll “probably” sue over HGH allegations
NBCSports.com Peyton Manning says he'll “probably” sue over HGH allegations NBCSports.com Earlier on Sunday, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Rakes In $1 Billion In 12 Days
Given the popularity of the original Star Wars trilogy, it isn’t surprising that The Force Awakens would be so hyped up, especially considering ...

People Killed By American Police In 2015: Just Under 1,000 Died, More Than A Third Carried No Firearm ...
In 2015, more scrutiny than ever was focused on how many American police officers killed citizens in the line of duty. Tensions between civilians ...

What Donald Trump Did For One Georgia Family Is Actually Pretty Cool
Donald Trump has hardly been the recipient of good press since announcing that he would be running for President in 2016. While some would attest ...

Christmastime storms, tornadoes kill at least 43 in U.S
By Lisa Maria Garza DALLAS (Reuters) - Storms hit the U.S. South, Southwest and Midwest over the Christmas holiday weekend, unleashing floods ...

Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi
NBCNews.com Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi NBCNews.com Iraqi authorities expect to announce Monday that they have ...

Flood-hit northern England told to expect further rainfall - Environment - The Guardian
Met Office issues yellow warning for areas of Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria already hit by flooding while parts of Scotland also on alert ...

China’s New Law Requires Tech Companies To Hand Over Encryption Keys
When it comes to complying with the law, this is where it gets tricky for companies operating in multiple countries, where what is legal in one ...

Man dies after falling off cliff, apparently distracted by electronic device
CNN Man dies after falling off cliff, apparently distracted by electronic device CNN (CNN) One man's Christmas Day ended in tragedy, and some ...

Sanders Sees Trump Backers as His Allies
CNN International Sanders Sees Trump Backers as His Allies Wall Street Journal Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Sunday ...