GPF in SQL Central - reproducable (PB 5.0.04)

Hi,

I have not used SQL Anywhere for a long time now and in the mean time I have
upgraded to 5.0.04. Now, while I am connecting to the database from SQL
Central all is ok. But, as soon as I click on the "Table" treeview item in
the left pane of the SQL Cetral window, I am getting a GPF. The DB is still
running and no problems are reported in the DB window.

1> The DB was created in PB 5.0.03.
2> I tried with many DBs. All were created or used in PB 5.0.03.
3> The version in SQL Central that is crashing on me is 5.0.02 Build #583

Anybody faced this problem? Remember I am using PB 5.0.04. I never tried to
open SQL Central SQL Anywhere DBs in PB 5.0.04 earlier. IN PB 5.0.03 it was
all working ok.

Thanks in Advance,
Somnath Ukil
--
Quint Software Solutions
EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
WWW: http://quint-software.com
E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
Fax: 91-33-3581574


begin 666 Somnath Ukil.vcf
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!"@``
`
end

0
Somnath
1/10/1999 4:42:00 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.general 32637 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
452 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

Hi All!!

Solved the riddle at long last. The problem was being given in all the
machines except one. This particular machine, I found after looking at the
log book, had PB 5.0.03 installed prior to having 5.0.04. But all the
machines have been upgraded from the CD copy to 5.0.04 straightway
(including my machine). I simply installed 5.0.03 and then 5.0.04 again. It
is now working like a charm. But it is funny. Sybase have not tested it like
I did? Amazing!!

Somnath Ukil
--
Quint Software Solutions
EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
WWW: http://quint-software.com
E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
Fax: 91-33-3581574
Somnath Ukil wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>I have not used SQL Anywhere for a long time now and in the mean time I
have
>upgraded to 5.0.04. Now, while I am connecting to the database from SQL
>Central all is ok. But, as soon as I click on the "Table" treeview item in
>the left pane of the SQL Cetral window, I am getting a GPF. The DB is still
>running and no problems are reported in the DB window.
>
>1> The DB was created in PB 5.0.03.
>2> I tried with many DBs. All were created or used in PB 5.0.03.
>3> The version in SQL Central that is crashing on me is 5.0.02 Build #583
>
>Anybody faced this problem? Remember I am using PB 5.0.04. I never tried to
>open SQL Central SQL Anywhere DBs in PB 5.0.04 earlier. IN PB 5.0.03 it was
>all working ok.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Somnath Ukil
>--
>Quint Software Solutions
>EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
>Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
>WWW: http://quint-software.com
>E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
>Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
>Fax: 91-33-3581574
>
>
>


begin 666 Somnath Ukil.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E5K:6P[4V]M;F%T: T*1DXZ
M4V]M;F%T:"!5:VEL#0I/4D<Z475I;G0@4V]F='=A<F4@4V]L=71I;VYS#0I4
M251,13I#:&EE9B!%>&5C=71I=F4@3V9F:6-E<@T*5$5,.U=/4DL[5D])0T4Z
M.3$M,S,M,S,T,S4S."P@.3$M,S,M,S4X,34W- T*5$5,.TA/344[5D])0T4Z
M.3$M,S,M,S,T,S4S."P@.3$M,S,M,S4X,34W- T*5$5,.U=/4DL[1D%8.CDQ
M+3,S+3,U.#$U-S0-"E1%3#M(3TU%.T9!6#HY,2TS,RTS-3@Q-3<T#0I!1%([
M5T]22SM%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.CL[14,M-2 H1W)O=6YD
M($9L;V]R*3TP1#TP05-E8W1O<B Q/3!$/3!!4V%L="!,86ME.T-A;&-U='1A
M.U=E<W0@0F5N9V%L.S<P," ]#0HP-C0[24Y$24$-"DQ!0D5,.U=/4DL[14Y#
M3T1)3D<]455/5$5$+5!224Y404),13I%0RTU("A'<F]U;F0@1FQO;W(I/3!$
M/3!!4V5C=&]R(#$],$0],$%386QT($QA:V4],$0],$%#86QC=71T82P@5V5S
M="!"96YG86P@/0T*-S P(# V-#TP1#TP04E.1$E!#0I!1%([2$]-13M%3D-/
M1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.CL[14,M-3TP1#TP02@Q<W0@1FQO;W(I
M/3!$/3!!4V5C=&]R(#$],$0],$%386QT($QA:V4[0V%L8W5T=&$[5V5S="!"
M96YG86P[-S ]#0HP(# V-#M)3D1)00T*3$%"14P[2$]-13M%3D-/1$E.1SU1
M54]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.D5#+34],$0],$$H,7-T($9L;V]R*3TP1#TP05-E
M8W1O<B Q/3!$/3!!4V%L="!,86ME/3!$/3!!0V%L8W5T=&$L(%=E<W0@0F5N
M9V$]#0IL(#<P," P-C0],$0],$%)3D1)00T*55),.FAT=' Z+R]M96UB97)S
M+G1R:7!O9"YC;VTO?G-O;6YA=&AU:VEL#0I54DPZ:'1T<#HO+W%U:6YT+7-O
M9G1W87)E+F-O;0T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IS=6MI;$!Q=6EN="US
M;V9T=V%R92YC;VT-"E)%5CHQ.3DY,#$Q,%0Q-S0W,3E:#0I%3D0Z5D-!4D0-
!"@``
`
end

0
Somnath
1/10/1999 5:47:19 PM
Do you mean 5.5.04?  There wasn't a 5.0.4 version as I recall.

Also, please do not cross post.  The guidelines for this newsgroup specify
that cross posting is not allowed.
-- 
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com
Houston, TX

Somnath Ukil <sukil@quint-software.com> wrote in article
<9zD2aEMP#GA.216@forums.powersoft.com>...
> Hi All!!
> 
> Solved the riddle at long last. The problem was being given in all the
> machines except one. This particular machine, I found after looking at
the
> log book, had PB 5.0.03 installed prior to having 5.0.04. But all the
> machines have been upgraded from the CD copy to 5.0.04 straightway
> (including my machine). I simply installed 5.0.03 and then 5.0.04 again.
It
> is now working like a charm. But it is funny. Sybase have not tested it
like
> I did? Amazing!!
> 
> Somnath Ukil
> --
> Quint Software Solutions
> EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
> Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
> WWW: http://quint-software.com
> E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
> Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
> Fax: 91-33-3581574
> Somnath Ukil wrote in message ...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have not used SQL Anywhere for a long time now and in the mean time I
> have
> >upgraded to 5.0.04. Now, while I am connecting to the database from SQL
> >Central all is ok. But, as soon as I click on the "Table" treeview item
in
> >the left pane of the SQL Cetral window, I am getting a GPF. The DB is
still
> >running and no problems are reported in the DB window.
> >
> >1> The DB was created in PB 5.0.03.
> >2> I tried with many DBs. All were created or used in PB 5.0.03.
> >3> The version in SQL Central that is crashing on me is 5.0.02 Build
#583
> >
> >Anybody faced this problem? Remember I am using PB 5.0.04. I never tried
to
> >open SQL Central SQL Anywhere DBs in PB 5.0.04 earlier. IN PB 5.0.03 it
was
> >all working ok.
> >
> >Thanks in Advance,
> >Somnath Ukil
> >--
> >Quint Software Solutions
> >EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
> >Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
> >WWW: http://quint-software.com
> >E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
> >Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
> >Fax: 91-33-3581574
> >
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 
0
Jim
1/10/1999 7:49:03 PM
Hi Jim,

I mean PB 5.0.04. There was a release by this number and not by 5.5.04. I
think ur memory is having bad tracks. :-) Comeon man, open ur PB and look
for the about box. What does it say?

I didnt find the guidelines to this newgroup. Where is it stored? And does
cross-posting harm anyone? I dont know.

Somnath Ukil
--
Quint Software Solutions
EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
WWW: http://quint-software.com
Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
Fax: 91-33-3581574
Jim Egan wrote in message <01be3cd2$584ca7d0$01aaaaaa@homeserver>...
>Do you mean 5.5.04?  There wasn't a 5.0.4 version as I recall.
>
>Also, please do not cross post.  The guidelines for this newsgroup specify
>that cross posting is not allowed.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com
>Houston, TX
>
>Somnath Ukil <sukil@quint-software.com> wrote in article
><9zD2aEMP#GA.216@forums.powersoft.com>...
>> Hi All!!
>>
>> Solved the riddle at long last. The problem was being given in all the
>> machines except one. This particular machine, I found after looking at
>the
>> log book, had PB 5.0.03 installed prior to having 5.0.04. But all the
>> machines have been upgraded from the CD copy to 5.0.04 straightway
>> (including my machine). I simply installed 5.0.03 and then 5.0.04 again.
>It
>> is now working like a charm. But it is funny. Sybase have not tested it
>like
>> I did? Amazing!!
>>
>> Somnath Ukil
>> --
>> Quint Software Solutions
>> EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
>> Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
>> WWW: http://quint-software.com
>> E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
>> Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
>> Fax: 91-33-3581574
>> Somnath Ukil wrote in message ...
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have not used SQL Anywhere for a long time now and in the mean time I
>> have
>> >upgraded to 5.0.04. Now, while I am connecting to the database from SQL
>> >Central all is ok. But, as soon as I click on the "Table" treeview item
>in
>> >the left pane of the SQL Cetral window, I am getting a GPF. The DB is
>still
>> >running and no problems are reported in the DB window.
>> >
>> >1> The DB was created in PB 5.0.03.
>> >2> I tried with many DBs. All were created or used in PB 5.0.03.
>> >3> The version in SQL Central that is crashing on me is 5.0.02 Build
>#583
>> >
>> >Anybody faced this problem? Remember I am using PB 5.0.04. I never tried
>to
>> >open SQL Central SQL Anywhere DBs in PB 5.0.04 earlier. IN PB 5.0.03 it
>was
>> >all working ok.
>> >
>> >Thanks in Advance,
>> >Somnath Ukil
>> >--
>> >Quint Software Solutions
>> >EC-5, Sector 1, Salt Lake,
>> >Calcutta, INDIA. 700 064
>> >WWW: http://quint-software.com
>> >E-Mail: sukil@quint-software.com
>> >Ring: 91-33-3343538, 91-33-3581574
>> >Fax: 91-33-3581574
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>


begin 666 Somnath Ukil.vcf
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!"@``
`
end

0
Somnath
1/12/1999 4:51:13 AM
>I mean PB 5.0.04. There was a release by this number and not by 5.5.04. I
>think ur memory is having bad tracks. :-) Comeon man, open ur PB and look
>for the about box. What does it say?

When you post in a sql anywhere newsgroup, and you refer to a version number, we of course assume
that you are referring to a sql anywhere version number. 

>And does
>cross-posting harm anyone?

See the above for an example of the confusion it causes. 
..  
Team Powersoft and Team Sybase members,as well as others,  volunteer their time to work in these
newsgroups.  When you post in multiple newsgroups, you increase the odds that we will duplicate each
other's work.  We often don't know that you've cross posted, so will attempt to answer a question in
the "wrong" newsgroup because we have assumed that it may be the only place the message appears.  


Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
1/12/1999 5:59:40 AM
>I didnt find the guidelines to this newgroup. Where is it stored?

I think that if you search for a message with the word "welcome" in the title, you'll find it. 


Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill
1/12/1999 6:00:31 AM
At http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=47613 if you look 
at Section 3, Item 3 it states:

Please post messages in only one newsgroup and allow 24-48 hours for a 
response. Speed the response to your questions
by placing them in an appropriate newsgroup and providing a descriptive 
subject. 

-- 
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
Houston, TX
0
jegan
1/12/1999 1:53:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

SQL Anywhere runtime 5.0.02 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. We currently use PB5.0.02 and want to implement PB5.0.04. We purchased SQL Anywhere runtime system for standalone use and I'd like advise as to how to update this... or whether I need to. As I understand it the 5.0.04 setup will update SQL Anywhere on my machine but we use the runtime floppies at remote sites. On a related matter when we update a client with a newer PB5.0.04 application and relevant DLLs do we actually need to do anything to the database or ODBC profile? Thanks for the help, Adam. You can download the current release of SQL Anywhere through the S...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

Urgent!!Connecting to MS SQL Server7.0 with PB 5.0.04 on NT4.0
Hi! This is urgent!! Does anyone know how to connect MS SQL Server 7.0 from PB 5.0.04. I have connected to MSS 7.0 with ODBC 3.70 (come with MSS7.0) from PB5.0.04, but the embedded SQL statements in my program retrieve all kinds of gabbish to me. I believe there is something wrong with the ODBC drivers setting, how should I config the ODBC drivers ? I have tried to use MS SQL Server 6.5 native drivers to connect to 7.0 , but I 've got the error message, something like 'Datatype not supported' ? Why is that ? Cherry The problem, at least with ODBC 3.x, is that ...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??
PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed. I believe this may only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98. Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common 'folk remedy'. We have just discovered a problematic side-effect: If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use o...

PB 5.0.04 GPF with SqlAny after 6.5 installed
On a PC where PB 6.0 then 6.5 were installed alongside PB 5.0, when running 5.0.04 against a Sql Any backend PB 5.0.04 GPFs on exit with: PB050 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0137:bff9a29c. Registers: EAX=c001ec68 CS=0137 EIP=bff9a29c EFLGS=00010212 EBX=0063f80c SS=013f ESP=0053fe4c EBP=005400e8 ECX=00000000 DS=013f ESI=00000000 FS=0f3f EDX=bff76648 ES=013f EDI=bffb8ab8 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 7c c2 fb bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 How can this be prevented? Peter Brawley Peter, Has this app run properly on any other versions of PB? I ...

GPF in PB 5.0.3 and MS-Sql server 6.0
I migrating my PB 4.0.6 app to PB 5.0.3 (getting ready for the PB 5.0.4 relase i've waited for) migrateing or regenerating some of the functions or windows. Only some windows or functions will cause a GPF. the functions that GPF are those that execute stored procedures. The windows , I don't know want there problem is. the one that does uses only local datawindow not stored procedures. pb050 caused a gpf in pbmss050 at 0002:3224 DBMS = mss(msoft) sql server 6.0 dbparms = none TIA Tim Hi, There has been made some fixes concerning this gpf in 5.0.04. If...

Which version? pb 5.0.0 vs 5.0.04 or greater version
PB 5.0.0 to 5.0.04 Curious if anyone remembers specific issues resolved for upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.04. We have a large number of applications. If some are still 5.0.0 and others are 5.0.04 will that create problem during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 6.x The other alternative seems to upgrade to newer major version of 6.x? What version of 6 is most stable? Where can I buy PB 6? How about intermixing 5.0.0 applications with 6.x applications during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 7.x I see a number of complaints about the speed of PB 7. Intermixing 5.0.0 with 7.x? Brian <brian@ufr...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04
We are using PB 5.04 Enterprise at this moment and are almost happy (uch) with it. Because we don't programming applications for the Internet (maybe in the near future) we haven't upgraded to version 6.0 and 6.5. Now we are confused what to do, keeping the old and 'stable' version (5.04) or upgrading to a newer version. Are there features in the newer versions wich make it a 'must' to upgrade. What are this features. Or are there reasons to stay on 5.04 (buggy newer versions?). What is doing the rest of the Powerbuilder world??? Greetings, Hans Groeneveld ...

PB 5.0.02 to 5.0.04
Hi, We updated PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to 5.0.04 on a WIN95 machine with the update downloaded from the Sybase Support site but the Help / About window still says version 5.0.02! I tried writing a small app that gets the PBMajorRevision, PBMinorRevision and PBFixesRevision from the Enviroment object and still get 5, 0, and 2, respectively. The executables and DLL's have date/time stamps of 3/98 and later indicating that the update occurred. The same update applied to an NT machine shows the correct version 5.0.04 in the Help / About window, so this may be a WIN95-specific probl...

PB 5.0.03(04) vs. MS SQL 6.5 sp5a
Dear friends, We recently upgraded our MSSQL 6.5 to have the service pack of 5a. Upon doing so our PowerBuilder 5.0.03(04) database tables lost their 'data types' when going into PB's database painter. Does anyone know why 5.0.03(04) cannot see the 'data types'? Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. Their is an EBF (EBF2) for 5.0.04 that fixes this problem. However, given that PB7 is out and PB5 is or will soon be an unsupported product, I would recommend upgrading to PB6 or PB7 if at all possible. On Tue, 18 May 1999...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

GPF on PB 5.0.02 on NT 4.0 using SQL Anywhere standalone
Some SQL Anywhere datadases that I created with PB (5.0.02) or with App Modeler I can't use because PB hangs with a GPF when I open them either with database painter or datawindow painter or even an PB aplication access it. There's no problem with SQL Anywhere, I can access the DB from SQL Central and from Microsoft Query with no problem at all. But either PB and Infomaker hangs when they try to open these DB. Of course, there are others DBs that works properly. I'm thinking that the problem has a relation with the scheme of the DB. I try to generate the same scheme twice...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Web resources about - GPF in SQL Central - reproducable (PB 5.0.04) - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Geekified: The David Sling - YouTube
The sling (see http://www.slinging.org) is an ancient, very powerful weapon, designed to throw heavy objects with serious force. The staff sling, ...

Wikipedia:Featured article removal candidates/Cold fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page has been radically transformed since it became a feature article. The fringe view that this phenomenon actually exists has been extremely ...

An iTunes for news? Try Spotify for beyond-news.
» People will not pay for news, but for unique journalism » Sell it as an access-package like Spotify does with music Everyone is looking for ...

Be a better Developer
The term bugfoot is a combination of bug and bigfoot. It's used for a bug that appears only once and is not reproducable. A bugfoot tells you ...

- - - Bitsbits bits____________________ ///////////////ЯOSΛ MEИKMΛN~~~@~~~DIRDIRDIR A:??blogspot?__ ...
An archeology of a compression filter. (or from noise artifact to filter) A couple of months ago I was approached by a company that asked me ...

TheThreeRulesOfTdd
ArticleS . UncleBob . Edit Page: !title The Three Laws of TDD.Over the years I have come to describe Test Driven Development in terms of three ...

Shipping & Returns
With exceptions (see below), we ship to every international destination allowed by United States law. We use the United States Postal Service ...

Climate change is not debatable
... Mirkinson on why the media continue to present human impact on climate change as a two-sided argument. Dr Kaku says science is testable, reproducable, ...

On Points: The Super Bowl Ads You Probably Didn’t See
SUPER BOWL ADS I: POLITICAL . Think you’ve seen all the Super Bowl ads? Sure, you saw the Clydesdales and the puppy, the so-slick car commercials, ...

creative deconstruction
The new music industries work in a very different way than the record business of the ’60′s. The precious 7 inch of plastic discs of that decade ...

Resources last updated: 12/17/2015 4:47:33 PM