getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9

i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using
dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db.
it's working fine. no issues.
now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by
using dbsrv9.exe i created
db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm
getting
error as
Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException
 because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is
ambiguous
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table
name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous
	at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:2796)
	at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.nextResult(Tds.java:2126)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(ResultGetter.java:69)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:220)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:203)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.queryLoop(SybStatement.java:1578)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.executeQuery(SybStatement.java:1563)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.executeQuery(SybStatement.java:418)
	at
com.cisco.nm.util.db.DBUtils.doesIndexExist(DBUtils.java:174)

why this is happening. any help is appreciated.
0
narayanarao

Look in the help index under SYSINDEXES..conflicting name.

Glenn

--
Glenn Paulley
Research and Development Manager, Query Processing

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
0
Glenn

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Upgrade to sqlanywhere 7
We are upgrading our database from sqlanywhere 5.5.04 to 7. My front end application is developed in PB 5.0.04. I want to know if we upgrade the database to 7, do I need to do anything to the front end code for it to work, or will it automatically work with the new database without any recompile or any modification? Thanks Ram Please do not crosspost. Please review the ASA7 documentation that outlines the new features and behaviour changes. This should help you identify areas where you may be impacted. /ck <Ram_Ramaswamy> wrote in message news:B34268CFFD1CB3830073295...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

SQLAnywhere 9.0.2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I've just taken a look at the Windows 7 Beta with SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 and Sybase Central and ISQL seem to be crashing (some form of Java Swing error from what I can see). I have a few questions: 1. Do you know if this is a Windows 7 Beta problem or a problem with the Sybase tools that will need to be addressed? 2. If the problem is with the Sybase tools can we expect a patch to enable 9.0.2 to work on Windows 7? 3. If there will be no patch for 9.0.2 does anyone have any experience as to whether SQL Anywhere 11 will work on Windows 7? Thanks in advance ...

Database Server not found after upgrade from ASA 9 to SQLAnywhere 11
Our database server was running under ASA 9 and we were connecting from client computers using the following odbc profile... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\albatross_works] "Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\Sybase\\SQL Anywhere 9\\win32\\dbodbc9.dll" "UID"="dba" "PWD"="*********" "DatabaseName"="albatross" "EngineName"="\\\\07-06-tides\\albatross_00" "AutoStop"="Yes" "Integrated"="No" "Debug"="No" "DisableMulti...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

Did the temp table functionality change from SQLAnywhere 7.0 to 9.0?
Did the temp table functionality change from SQLAnywhere 7.0 to 9.0? For example, within a stored procedure in version 7.0, we used the following: create procedure begin .. .. .. if @VARIABLE = 11 begin create table #emp_plan (org smallint null, emp integer null, cnt integer null, role smallint null) error checking logic end .. .. .. if @VARIALBE = 11 begin insert into #EMP_PLAN (ORG, CNT, ...

Upgrading from sqlanywhere 5.5.04 to 9.0 studio question
Will this upgrade work and are there any known issues installing on Server2000 with terminal services? Having issues with old version on terminal server. It will only allow one connection at a time. Any help will be greatly appiciated. Thanks Mark Schroeder You won't solve the one connection issue by upgrading although I would encourage the update for other reasons. Can you describe the exact problem including any error messages and server and client settings. If you are running TS, you must think of each TS Client as a separate machine and as such you must run the ...

Error Compiling Ultralite Tutorial under SQLAnywhere 7.0.2 build 1402
Hello, I have tried the tutorial under de following version SQL Anywhere 7.0.2. Build 1402 Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 Windows2000 The following lesson are worked out When I try to compile main.cpp I get the error at the bottom. Any help is welcome -- Edwin van der Voort Senior Systems Consultant edwin.van.der.voort@ianywhere.com iAnywhere Solutions UltraLite Developer's Guide PART 2. Developing UltraLite Applications in C/C++ CHAPTER 5. A C++ API Tutorial Lesson 5: Build and run your application ------------------------------------------------...

ISQL differences between SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 to ASA 7.0.2 upgrade
I have included in the following sections the contents of each of the files. Our database scripts are maintained in various directories under the main dbscripts directory. With version 5.5.05 build 2787 if the database engine is started from within the dbscripts directory isql will properly load tableV with the contents of tableV.dat. With Version 7.0.2 build 1402, I have not found a way around supplying the full path to the tableV.dat file. The create.sql script is found, but the dataV.dat file is not. Is there an option with ASA 7.0.2 to allow me to not need to supply the ful...

Errors Ignoring in SQLAnywhere
Hello. Does anyone know either the SQLCODE or SQLSTATE for REMOTE_STATEMENT_FAILED, described in the Manual at th bottom of the first page of Chapter 11/ "Administering SQL Remote for SQL Anywhere". That would rule ! Lirvin Alexander, JSC Unect 1999. 5RW09 SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 6. SQL Anywhere Reference CHAPTER 44. SQL Anywhere Database Error Messages Error messages index by SQLSTATE Here is an example on how to use it. 5.5.01 and below, when DBRemote encountered an RI error it would stop. Since most people want it to continue and report the...

Web resources about - getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere