General SQL Error #3

I am currently developing an app in Delphi. I am getting  this error
today for some reason unknown to me as it worked fine yesterday and I
haven't made any changes that I am aware of!  When I scroll to the
second record in a grid I get this error:  General SQL Error
[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid Cursor State  Can anybody tell me what is
wrong or what this means?  Another query is rerun with every record
change in the grid I am scrolling when I get the error.  The grid that
displays the other query will only display when I click on a cell in the
grid, otherwise the grid isn't displaying the results of the other
query.  I am new to Sybase SQL Anywhere and any help is most
appreciated.

0
Rhea

> haven't made any changes that I am aware of!  When I scroll to the
> second record in a grid I get this error:  General SQL Error
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid Cursor State.

Check out if your TQuery, supporting the TDBGrid, has been accidently
closed between
the 2 scroll positions.

Peter.
0
Peter
8/17/1999 5:44:15 PM
I think it has something to do with the particular record as I don't get
the error if I skip that record and click on the third or fourth etc.  I
thought maybe I had an orphan detail record but that isn't the case. It
is just weird!  The query isn't getting closed either.

Peter Lio wrote:

> > haven't made any changes that I am aware of!  When I scroll to the
> > second record in a grid I get this error:  General SQL Error
> > [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Invalid Cursor State.
>
> Check out if your TQuery, supporting the TDBGrid, has been accidently
> closed between
> the 2 scroll positions.
>
> Peter.

0
Rhea

What generals generally do

General SQL Error
When I am running the project in Delphi XE (which has been coded in Delphi 2006), its throwing the error. The error reads as below: Project DATATOOL.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'General SQL Error. Specified driver could not loaded due to System Error 14003 (iSeries Access ODBC Driver). Alias: passdb'. and when I click on break it goes to the below line: PSLoginDataMod := TPassdata.Create(nil); and Create procedure is as below: procedure TPassdata.PassdataCreate(Sender: TObject); begin try Session1.Open; db.Connected := true; except MessageDlg(...

General SQL Error
Runing this query from a Borland reporting tool: SQL Statement: SELECT T1.code_div_d code_div_d, T1.date_trf date_trf, T1.code_div code_div, T2.cod_prd cod_prd, T2.des_prd des_prd, T3.pren_usr pren_usr, T3.nom_usr nom_usr, T5.des_cons des_cons, T2.chpar2 chpar2, T6.des_ctg des_ctg, (rtrim( T3.nom_usr ) + ', ' + T3.pren_usr) fullname, (T5.des_cons + ' ' + T2.des_prd) make_model FROM transfer T1 , produit T2 , utilisateur T3 , prd_resp T4 , construct T5 , categorie T6 WHERE T1.cod_prd*=T2.cod_prd AND T4.code_usr=T3.code_usr AND T2.co...

General SQL Error
Hi Sybase Veterans, I have a encountered the following error message : - General SQL error ct_cmd_alloc():user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked dead. I have no idea what could cause such an error but I encounter this problem for some sql select statements. Could any of the veteran sybase user advise on what kind of error this is? Thanks in advance, Candra I have gotten this error, we managed to track this down to a physical networking problem. (A WAN connection was switching states and causing the disconnect). This error will occur when CT l...

General SQL error #2
Sybase ODBC driver unable to connect to database server: cannot be started. C:\Programfiles\DMC\Daisy.db DB unable to open transaction log. Please advise Sounds to me like there is something funny with your transaction log. Just a guess but maybe the directory your database is expecting the log to be in is not accurate. You can find this info by doing a dblog. i.e. dblog asademo.exe You should be able to force the database to start without the log with the -f command. i.e. dbeng7 -f asademo.db If you want to reset the log you could do the following dblog -r asademo.db ...

General SQL Error #2
Currently I am using Delphi XE version but my project has been coded in Delphi 2006 version. When I am running the project its throwing the error. The error reads as below: Project DATATOOL.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'General SQL Error. Specified driver could not loaded due to System Error 14003 (iSeries Access ODBC Driver). Alias: passdb'. and when I click on break it goes to the below line: PSLoginDataMod := TPassdata.Create(nil); and Create procedure is as below: procedure TPassdata.PassdataCreate(Sender: TObject); begin try Session1.Open; d...

General error: Run time SQL error -- Index "sys_attribute_uniqueness" has an inaccurate leaf page count statistics
Hi, We use Asa 8.03.5022 and with a specific database we get the following error : General error: Run time SQL error -- Index "sys_attribute_uniqueness" has an inaccurate leaf page count statistics. If we run a validate everything is oke, but after some "actions" from our program we get the error above. These actions are not much more than openening and closing the database. I tried with a lot of other databases, but I can't reproduce these error with this databases. I have already done a complete rebuild of the specific database, but I get these error again...

General error: I/O error
From a select statement, I get the following error... Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error Fatal error: No error -- transaction rolled back. Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database file is corrupt. Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on. The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4. Thank you. If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors? Can you execute other selects? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase Mobile and...

SQL 2005 Mirroring. general network error
Hi i have mirroring set up on sql2005 and manual failover works a treat.   My .NET application is written for .NET 1.1 framework.  When the database failsover I have a check on the sql connection.Try Primary.db.connect Catch e as exception Secondary.db.connect End Try This works sometimes but sometimes I get "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.", It happens at this line of code: "sqlreader = cmd.ExecuteReader()" Usually I refresh the page once or twice and it works then.   does...

Strange Error + General questions about HMC 3.5
Hello. We have installed HMC 3.5 and its running fine except for some minor questionmarks, my question is: When we create an Customer organisation with MPSSampleWeb everything works fine except for the fact that no Public Folder (tree) is created for the organisation. Should the behavior be like this?? I read somewhere here that this is a "bug" and that you have to run the EmailEnableAllUsers and EmailEnableAdminUsers scripts and thereafter run the CreatePublicFolder script. Also, i can run the scripts to MailEnable Admin and AllUsers but when i try to create a public folder for th...

General Network Error. Check your network documentation #3
 Hi,I am using .Net 1.1 for my web application.And my database server is SQL Server 2005. My application is running fine, as i can login to it and also able to view pages. But when i open Order management(having 3K records) its give me error,General Network Error. Check your network documentation  I have also searched many articles  and tried following solutions but nothing working- connectiontimeout = 0, max pool size = 7500/100, pooling = false- SSL disabling enforce security false as mentioned in microsoft kb article. And there's  nothing any issue w...

General Network Error On Connecting MS SQL 6.5
We are having the following setup Alpha Server (1) = Primary Domain Controller (Alpha 1000A /500 Series) Alpha Server(2) = Backup Domain Controller (Alpha 1000A/500 Series) On both servers Windows NT 4.0 and SQL server 6.5 is running. We had configured NT clusters for SQL server database. when we connect through an Powerbuilder 5.0 application , connection is established properly and everything is working fine. Once the Failover occurs the database is rolled to Backup domain controller. ie. the backup server takes control of the database. when i do the retreival , it giving ...

General error: unknown error -308
My customer is getting the following error on 3 of 5 workstations. Novell Network running IPX. Membership/121 -308 - S1000:[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error: unknown error -308 Any Ideas? -- Elizabeth Livingston elivingston@advsol.com Turn on debugging in the client connection and see if you are getting any network errors. -308 is a connection terminated error. You can use the DBG and LOG connection parameters in your connect string, or check the "display debugging information to a file" and add a file name on the advanced tab of your ODBC...

general #3
Name: Pedro gomez Product: Firefox Summary: general Comments: da mas problemas que una escopeta de feria, es el peor navegador que he visto en mi vida. Lo peor es que nadie hace nada para solucionarlo. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - General SQL Error #3 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Law Firm Sued By Massachusetts Attorney General
Is this firm operating in the wild, wild, West?

Illinois' Attorney General Thinks All Forms Of Fantasy Sports Are Illegal Gambling
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan delivered a giant lump of coal to the Daily Fantasy Sports industry on Wednesday as she declared that ...

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

Liveblogging the American Revolution: December 20, 1777: Washington's Generals
**Benjamin H. Newcomb:** [Washington’s Generals and the Decision to Quarter at Valley Forge](http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/history/articles/w ...

Democratic debate: Hillary looks toward general election - Business Insider Deutschland
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went into the third Democratic debate on Saturday with a clear message.

Illinois Attorney General Says DraftKings, FanDuel Are Illegal Gambling Sites
... customers by a legal thread , the high-profile operations are coming under scrutiny in the Central time zone, with the Illinois attorney general ...

ABC's Cokie Roberts Calls Sanders Too Far To The Left For A General Election
... there is some equivalent on the left. Cokie Roberts wants the viewers to believe that Sen. Bernie Sanders is too far to the left to win a general ...

Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws
Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws