General error : internal database error ??? - transaction rollback

I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04;   At
this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the
above mentioned error;  We have tried most everything as it relates to the
novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail;  I
am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me
enough to go on;  does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be
happening ?  I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no
problem;

tia

Dennis Hank

0
Dennis

Have you tried comparing the SQLA installation on your "crappy" machines
with the ones on your good machines? I suspect an installation problem.

What installations were done on these workstations at the time they
started failing?

0
Mike
11/4/1999 2:03:35 AM
There usually is an Assertion Failure error number with this.  To capture
it you may have to add "-o <filename>" to the LOAD line.

It sounds like you'll need to rebuild your database.  See "Rebuild" in
the online help.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
>> It sounds like you'll need to rebuild your database.
Whoa! Time out!

My recollection of the original post was that this was a multi-user
database and only one workstation was having this crashing problem. All
the other workstations are running fine.

If there was a problem with the db file, wouldn't all workstations be
affected?

0
Mike
11/4/1999 7:19:39 PM
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:05:43 -0600, eganjp@compuserve.com (Jim Egan)
wrote:

>There usually is an Assertion Failure error number with this.  To capture
>it you may have to add "-o <filename>" to the LOAD line.
>
>It sounds like you'll need to rebuild your database.  See "Rebuild" in
>the online help.

When I have seen this in the past, it usually meant an underlying
database issue.  Most of the time, cycling the server fixed it - that
was 5.5x.  Have not seen this error with 6.x (yet).  Have you run a
dbvalid yet?

Tom
0
TomJenkins
11/4/1999 10:42:50 PM
He said workstations at one site are crapping out.  That site appears to
be independent of other sites.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

(If everytime I'm wrong and you're right I owe you a beer you're gonna
be pretty well set for the next 5 years if I don't get a few of
these....)
:-)

0
Mike
11/5/1999 4:15:45 PM
Well, if you never go to one of the Sybase user conferences then you'll
never have to come clean on the brewski's. <g>
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
>> Sybase user conferences
The next one in So. Calif. I'll go!

Mike

0
Mike
11/8/1999 5:10:09 PM
Yeah, right.  It was in L.A. two years ago and where were you? <g>
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
eganjp

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

General error: I/O error
From a select statement, I get the following error... Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error Fatal error: No error -- transaction rolled back. Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database file is corrupt. Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on. The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4. Thank you. If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors? Can you execute other selects? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase Mobile and...

error error error

General error: unknown error -308
My customer is getting the following error on 3 of 5 workstations. Novell Network running IPX. Membership/121 -308 - S1000:[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error: unknown error -308 Any Ideas? -- Elizabeth Livingston elivingston@advsol.com Turn on debugging in the client connection and see if you are getting any network errors. -308 is a connection terminated error. You can use the DBG and LOG connection parameters in your connect string, or check the "display debugging information to a file" and add a file name on the advanced tab of your ODBC...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

if there is some error with db should user get redirected to a general error page?
 Hi All.Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page? The page i am working on is activate account so if whilst checking data with db there is a problem should the user get redirected or should the error come up on the page in question? Help please. aspd:Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page?  . If some insert/ update errors happen, then it is best to provide some feedback to the user on the pag...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

What generals generally do

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

ERROR
Hi,Can anyone solve my problem?I am using the postgres database with postgres odbc driver.  I create a asp.net page to access this database. However, the error occurs sometimes but not everytime.I only thing solve it is to restart the iis.The error message is: ERROR - no error information available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR - no error information availableSourc...

General network error. Check your network documentation. Error number 11
  Hi,I am getting the following error (When i am trying to update the column thru windows service) Please let me know the solution for the following.The following error is comming only when i set CommandTimeout to infinity (Commandtimeout=0).General network error.  Check your network documentation. Number 11 Procedure ConnectionRead (recv()). Class 20 State 0 Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Server  Line number 0 Thanks and Best RegardsNagaraju A Then I probably wouldn't set the CommandTimeout to zero, that's an easy fix. For other ideas of what might be...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

Web resources about - General error : internal database error ??? - transaction rollback - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Transaction cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bargaining costs are the costs required to come to an acceptable agreement with the other party to the transaction, drawing up an appropriate ...

Sheryl Sandberg, Peter Thiel, Mail.ru Group Involved In Notable Facebook Stock Transactions
Facebook shares were involved in some large transactions in recent days, with moves by Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg , board member ...

Twitter’s Site Upgrade Reveals New Social, Transaction Possibilities for Third Parties
Twitter has launched the biggest redesign in its company history, introducing a new interface for Twitter.com that makes it easier to share and ...

Transaction Network Services - LinkedIn
Learn about working at Transaction Network Services. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Transaction Network Services, leverage ...

DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store on iTunes
Get DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Survey says 38 percent of all Apple Pay transactions don’t happen in a store
(credit: Shinya Suzuki ) According to a survey from market research group Phoenix Marketing International, 38 percent of all Apple Pay transaction ...

After asking UAE bank for $3 million ransom, hacker dumps tens of thousands of customers' transactions ...
He calls himself Hacker Buba, and he's shared tens of thousands of customers' complete financial information.

Tender Armor Adding New Layer of Security to Credit Card Transactions
The startup's CvvPlus fraud prevention technology provides another layer of authentication via a randomly generated CVV number sent to the credit ...