General error: I/O error

From a select statement, I get the following error...

Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000
[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error Fatal
error: No error -- transaction rolled back.

Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database
file is corrupt.

Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on.

The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4.

Thank you.

0
David

If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors?
Can you execute other selects?

--
Reg Domaratzki
Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division

"David DeRam" <dderam@progeny2000.com> wrote in message
> From a select statement, I get the following error...
>
> Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error
Fatal
> error: No error -- transaction rolled back.
>
> Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database
> file is corrupt.
>
> Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on.
>
> The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4.
>
> Thank you.

0
Reg
4/10/2000 12:52:55 PM
The database server window says...
Fatal error: No error

Other selects work fine.  One table seems to be the problem.  Selecting some
columns from the bad table cause the error.  Others work fine.

Thank you.

Reg Domaratzki wrote in message ...
>If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors?
>Can you execute other selects?
>
>--
>Reg Domaratzki
>Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division
>Please respond only to the newsgroup
>

>"David DeRam" <dderam@progeny2000.com> wrote in message
>> From a select statement, I get the following error...
>>
>> Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000
>> [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error
>Fatal
>> error: No error -- transaction rolled back.
>>
>> Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database
>> file is corrupt.
>>
>> Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on.
>>
>> The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
David
4/10/2000 2:09:51 PM
I also found this error when trying to Validate the database.
Run time SQL error - Primary key for st_family has missing index entries.
(st_family is the name of the bad table).

I was able to drop the primary key but that did not solve the problem.

Reg Domaratzki wrote in message ...
>If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors?
>Can you execute other selects?
>
>--
>Reg Domaratzki
>Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division
>Please respond only to the newsgroup
>

>"David DeRam" <dderam@progeny2000.com> wrote in message
>> From a select statement, I get the following error...
>>
>> Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000
>> [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error
>Fatal
>> error: No error -- transaction rolled back.
>>
>> Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database
>> file is corrupt.
>>
>> Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on.
>>
>> The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
David
4/10/2000 2:50:20 PM
You should rebuild the database.  Be sure to perform the rebuild (or
unload) in unordered fashion.  By doing this it will avoid the use of a
Primary Key.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim
4/11/2000 2:14:22 AM
Jim,

It worked like a champ.  Once again you are _the_ _man_.  If there is a
Sybase hall of fame you should be in it.

Thanks,

Dave

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>You should rebuild the database.  Be sure to perform the rebuild (or
>unload) in unordered fashion.  By doing this it will avoid the use of a
>Primary Key.
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
>Houston, TX
>http://www.eganomics.com
>
>Sybase Developers Network
>http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

0
David
4/13/2000 2:54:47 AM
<blush>  Thanks for the kind words.  I'm glad you are back up and
running.  Periodic use of DBVALID should be part of your backup scheme.
I don't run it after every backup.  Perhaps once a week is appropriate
for large systems.  Your implementation may be different.  It depends on
how long DBVALID takes to run and how much time your server can spare.
Some sites off load this process to another PC so it doesn't impact the
main server.

But!! Don't run DBVALID against your backup.  You need to make a copy of
your backup and run DBVALID against that.  Since DBVALID opens the
database it changes the log offset and after that none of your
transaction log backups can be applied to the database backup.

Another solution is to run DBVALID against the live database.  It works
but will slow the entire system down.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX
http://www.eganomics.com

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

General error: unknown error -308
My customer is getting the following error on 3 of 5 workstations. Novell Network running IPX. Membership/121 -308 - S1000:[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error: unknown error -308 Any Ideas? -- Elizabeth Livingston elivingston@advsol.com Turn on debugging in the client connection and see if you are getting any network errors. -308 is a connection terminated error. You can use the DBG and LOG connection parameters in your connect string, or check the "display debugging information to a file" and add a file name on the advanced tab of your ODBC...

General error : internal database error ???
I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04; At this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the above mentioned error; We have tried most everything as it relates to the novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail; I am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me enough to go on; does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be happening ? I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no problem; tia Dennis Hank Have you tried comparing the SQLA instal...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

if there is some error with db should user get redirected to a general error page?
 Hi All.Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page? The page i am working on is activate account so if whilst checking data with db there is a problem should the user get redirected or should the error come up on the page in question? Help please. aspd:Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page?  . If some insert/ update errors happen, then it is best to provide some feedback to the user on the pag...

What generals generally do

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

General network error. Check your network documentation. Error number 11
  Hi,I am getting the following error (When i am trying to update the column thru windows service) Please let me know the solution for the following.The following error is comming only when i set CommandTimeout to infinity (Commandtimeout=0).General network error.  Check your network documentation. Number 11 Procedure ConnectionRead (recv()). Class 20 State 0 Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Server  Line number 0 Thanks and Best RegardsNagaraju A Then I probably wouldn't set the CommandTimeout to zero, that's an easy fix. For other ideas of what might be...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

Web resources about - General error: I/O error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Commonwealth gets first female secretary-general
Baroness Patricia Scotland chosen as CHOGM's first female secretary-general.

First female C'th secretary-general chosen
BARONESS Patricia Scotland, the first woman to be appointed Commonwealth secretary-general, says she will &quot;put the women's agenda very strongly ...

Global Media Director Jonathan Halvorson Out at General Motors
Jonathan Halvorson, director-global media strategy and branded entertainment at General Motors, has left the company after only eight months ...

Wargaming deploys World of Tanks Generals card battle game on iOS
... in June last year. And now, the World of Tanks franchise has further expanded its presence on iOS with the release of World of Tanks Generals ...

General relativity: 100 years of the most beautiful theory ever created
Albert Einstein in 1919, after the eclipse voyages that verified general relativity. (credit: Public domain) It stands among the most famous ...

Poll: Sanders Is More Electable than Clinton in the General Election
... — just the opposite, in fact. Sanders is more electable than Clinton in head-to-head polling against Republican candidates in the general election. ...

Fiat Chrysler Spins Off Ferrari Division, Drops Hostile Bid To Merge With General Motors
... Fiat Chrysler is going in the opposite direction: spinning off its Ferrari division and dropping talks of a hostile takeover of rival General ...

Tickets for Rihanna's 'Anti-World Tour' Averaging Over $200 Prior to General On-Sale
If prior tour sales and dominant album successes over the years are any indication for how the upcoming year may turn out, Rihanna may be on ...