FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4

hi,

after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after
"Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box
with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0.

database consist of 3 files:

db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures
db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes
db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes

no LOG file

accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows         <--
can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine

===================================

when I ran "dbinfo db1.db" it produce folowing like output:

Database  : db1.db
Unexpected end of file        <-- ????
Unexpected end of file        <-- ????
Unexpected end of file        <-- ????
Unexpected end of file        <-- ????
Log file  : none
Log mirror: none
Free pages: 0
Compressed: No
Page size : 4096
Encrypted : No
Strings padded with blanks for comparisons: No
Respect letter-case when comparing: No ('A' equal to 'a')
Collation sequence: 850LATIN2 (Code Page 850, Latin 2)

Table   Table            Index           Percent  Name
 id     Pages    %used   Pages    %used  of File
-----  --------  -----  --------  -----  -------  ----
       ========         ========
Total:     0 table +     0 index + 0 free + 0 other = 4323036 pages

Is there any chance to get this database working ?
Is there any way how to attach db2.db and db3.db to newly created  database
, or just to get data out?

TIA

stanley

0
Stanislav

Hi

What version of database are you using?  Have you tried to recover
the db file from a tape backup or from another copy of the database
and then start the engine?

Themis
0
Themis
2/23/2001 6:21:28 AM
inline
<Themis> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> What version of database are you using?  Have you tried to recover

what do you mean by version ?

> the db file from a tape backup or from another copy of the database
> and then start the engine?

    I doesn't have a backup

> Themis

0
Stanislav
2/23/2001 7:10:49 AM
You haven't log and backup? This database is not so important ...

"Stanislav Styk" <sstyk@mshdo.sk> wrote in message
> inline
> <Themis> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > What version of database are you using?  Have you tried to recover
>
> what do you mean by version ?
>
> > the db file from a tape backup or from another copy of the database
> > and then start the engine?
>
>     I doesn't have a backup
>

> > Themis

0
Veselin

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

WIN NT 4.0- Sp4 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 error?
Ok i performed the upgrade to 5.5.04 build 1867 on SQL Anywhere ....restart and check make sure everything works.....Ok all worked... Then Upgrade WIN NT 4.0 SP3 to SP 4 and now i get an error when starting service SQL error says something about unable to bind.... uninstall SP4 and Whammo works great..... Has anyone else run into this problem? Mike Hi, here some info that I got: As most of you have seen, we have the occasional customer who after installing NT SP4 have to reinstall the TCP/IP stack to re-establish communications. While we do not know exactly why t...

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 Error..???
Hi.. I'm using SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 as my database. When I'm using Ms-Access 2.0 to connect to database as client, the Access gave me an error like this : " ODBC Specification Conformance Error (-7751). This error should be reported to the ODBC driver vendor" My Ms-Access run on Win95, and the client is for Win 3.11 because Ms-Access use 16 bit ODBC. Any ideas about this error, because if I use client for Win95 in Foxpro, PB etc.. it did'nt gave me nothing. TIA. Eka Putra Jakarta-Indonesia ...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5
Name: Romain Email: romanolematfreedotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 Comments: I had an error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 (french version). Some files where not found and the install program launched itself in loop. I had to download new version from website and install it to fix the problem. Firefox rocks ! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

5.0 to 5.0.4 migrate error 637 Duplicate insert column
Migrating PB Ent 32 bit win95 from 5.0 to 5.0.4 We find one of our DWs fail to update giving the Error msg 637 Duplicate insert column There are around 45 Column. We checked the error display there are no duplicate columns The DW works perfectly in 5.0 Any clues Further to this problem We notice that this behavior is exhibited only in the runtime mode but the compiled (PBD) mode seens to execte properly On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 10:39:54 GMT, sminni@giascl01.vsnl.net.in (Sanjay Minni) wrote: >Migrating PB Ent 32 bit win95 from 5.0 to 5.0.4 > >We find one of our...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

NT Server 4.0 and SQL Anywhere 5.0.03
I am having a problem getting SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 going on a NT Server 4.0 SP 3 machine. Both the server (dbsrv50.exe) and standalone (dbeng50.exe) terminate with a GPF after a short period of time (usually 1 to 2 hours but definitely over night - ~12 hours). This occurs with no database activity. Any hints?? thank you Kent Meyer I suggest that you check to make sure that all your drivers are up to date. Especially your drive controller drivers. I used to run 5.0.3 on NT without a problem, but the current version of SQL Anywhere is 5.5.04 and can be obtained from supp...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 on Windows Terminal Server 4.0
Hi, we try to use SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 on Windows Terminal Server 4.0. (That means we run anywhere server and a lot of clients on the same pc.) We can work with our applications, but the server will terminate the client sessions if there is no activity on that connection for 120 seconds. The reason is that anwhere server sends liveness pakets only to one of those clients. I presume he identifies the clients internally only by there network adress (without sockets). Anywhere server is so implemented that there can be only one client per pc. But if runing anywhere on WTS there are ma...