Error Unloading DB

Trying to convert the 6.0 database to work on a new 8.0 server...get a
message to instructing to unload and then reload....During unload process,
get the message:  "SQL error:  Cannot access file 'rt.jar' --No such file
or directory.  Could not unload the database 'DBNAME'.
Copied rt.jar from old 6.0 server to new server....now unload fails and
says "JDK Version in 1.3.1. does not match 1.1.8.  How can I fix this?
THANKS!
0
Beth

You need to unload without Java in Database support if you are not using
Java in the Database. Or obtain the separately licensable Java in the
Database option. Seach the ASA8 help for Java in the Database or
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1015780.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

<Beth> wrote in message
> Trying to convert the 6.0 database to work on a new 8.0 server...get a
> message to instructing to unload and then reload....During unload process,
> get the message:  "SQL error:  Cannot access file 'rt.jar' --No such file
> or directory.  Could not unload the database 'DBNAME'.
> Copied rt.jar from old 6.0 server to new server....now unload fails and
> says "JDK Version in 1.3.1. does not match 1.1.8.  How can I fix this?
> THANKS!

0
Chris

if there is some error with db should user get redirected to a general error page?
 Hi All.Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page? The page i am working on is activate account so if whilst checking data with db there is a problem should the user get redirected or should the error come up on the page in question? Help please. aspd:Lets say there is an error with inserting data to db, some server error or whatever should the user get redirected to an error page?  . If some insert/ update errors happen, then it is best to provide some feedback to the user on the pag...

SQLAnywhere DB gen Error
Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I have an empty SQLAnywhere database setup on a remote server. From DataArchitect 6.1, I connect successfully to the database. I begin a database create. After all checks are passed successfully, the generator tries to execute a create and I get the following: Executing command #1 (lines 1-12)... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------ create table inventory ( key_inventory numeric(11) not null, text_serial_number varchar...

Error when Extracting or unloading a DB
When I tried to extract or dbunload the DB I get this message : Connecting and initializing ***** SQL error: Procedure 'sa_exec_script' not found I =b4ll appreciate any help. thanks This is in the version Sqlanywhere 10.01. Angel > When I tried to extract or dbunload the DB I get this > message : > > Connecting and initializing > ***** SQL error: Procedure 'sa_exec_script' not found > > I =b4ll appreciate any help. > > thanks ...

Error unloading v9 db with v11
Unloading v9 db into a new v11 db Using Sybase Cetral tools ( SQL Anywhere version is 11.0.1.2044) Stpes fly by in the "Unloading Database" window... * Tables unload fine... * Creating indexes goes fine ....then this error message appears in the window... ***** SQL Error: Syntax error near 'ISQ._log' on line 1 An error occurred while attempting to unload the databse 'C:\<my_path, etc>' ( Yes, that's a bullet point in the error message... ) Strangely enough, I can connect to the resulting db with Sybase Central ( v11) and ISQL (v11) ...but ...

errors errors errors..

General error: I/O error
From a select statement, I get the following error... Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error Fatal error: No error -- transaction rolled back. Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database file is corrupt. Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on. The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4. Thank you. If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors? Can you execute other selects? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase Mobile and...

Error, Error and more errors

Error unloading 7.0.3 db
Hi, while unloading a db i get this error: ***** SQL error: RAISERROR executed: At least one user in this database has a user id which does not match its orig Anybody knows what it is and how can I download & rebuild my db? Thanks in advance Luca This may be due to a bug that was fixed in ASA 7.0.4 build3374 so try that out to see if that helps. Versions affected: 6.x and up Versions fixed: 704.3374, 800.2346, 801.3049, 802.3568 Modules affected: dbtool7/8/9.dll Description: The check in the reload.sql file to see if the maximum user_id in ...

error error error

Error while Unloading 7.0.3 db
Hi, while unloading a db i get this error: ***** SQL error: RAISERROR executed: At least one user in this database has a user id which does not match its orig Anybody knows what it is and how can I download & rebuild my db? Thanks in advance Luca Ops, wrong ng, I have to post it to sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general Bye Luca "Luca Arena" <amicoATlucaarenaDOTit> ha scritto nel messaggio news:40869348@forums-2-dub... > Hi, while unloading a db i get this error: > > ***** SQL error: RAISERROR executed: At least one user in this database has...

SQLAnywhere/PHP | 2 Active Db Connections Error
Environment: Remote DB's: Sybase ASA 7.0.4 (3443) RedHat 9/PHP 4.3.5 => './configure' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-oci8=/opt/ora9/product/9.2' '--with-sqlanywhere=/opt/sybase/SYBSsa9' '-without-mysql' '--with-custom-odbc=/opt/sybase/SYBSsa9' '--enable-sigchild' ] I get PHP warnings like: PHP Warning: SQLAnywhere: [-298] Attempted two active database requests in I did some searching, but could not find how to remedy the situation. I am using sqlanywhere_free_result() and sqlanywhere_disconne...

SQLAnywhere/PHP | 2 Active Db Connections Error
Environment: Remote DB's: Sybase ASA 7.0.4 (3443) RedHat 9/PHP 4.3.5 => './configure' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-oci8=/opt/ora9/product/9.2' '--with-sqlanywhere=/opt/sybase/SYBSsa9' '-without-mysql' '--with-custom-odbc=/opt/sybase/SYBSsa9' '--enable-sigchild' ] I get PHP warnings like: PHP Warning: SQLAnywhere: [-298] Attempted two active database requests in I did some searching, but could not find how to remedy the situation. I am using sqlanywhere_free_result() and sqlanywhere_disconne...

ASA Version 9.0.1.1751 and unloading DB error
Using ASA 9.0.1.1751 on Win 2003 dataserver, While attempting to unload the database via SQL Central we recieved the following failure - - the error says dbspace not found. The database works fine with all SQLs we post against it but just cannot unload it. the DB has 2 files and thus 2 DB spaces. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated- Thanks, Marc Tables and indexes can be place in secondary dbspaces. If a dbspace is missing, the engine will still start but the tables in them will be inaccessible. You can use SELECT * FROM SYSFILE to determine which dbspace...

Microsoft Report & Sqlanywhere 10 DB parameterized query error
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Report that comes with Visual Studio 2008 with parameterized queries. When the query runs on SQL Server they run fine. However, when I run it on SQLAnywhere 10 db then it returns an error that it cant understand the "@" in the query. I find that the query builder is generating a @parameter in the sql i.e. select x,y from table where z=@parameter Now, although the query builder is generating this sql it is unable to proceed as the sql is not working ok and SQL Anywhere probably is returning an error to it. I am wondering anybod...

Web resources about - Error Unloading DB - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Sheryl Sandberg Keeps Unloading Facebook Shares
Whether Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg is heading to Disney , running for Senate , or staying put at the social network, one ...

Sheryl Sandberg Keeps Unloading Facebook Shares
Whether Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg is heading to Disney , running for Senate , or staying put at the social network, one ...

Unloading the shuttle, yesterday in NYC
Our reader emailed us these pics he took of the shuttle being removed from the barge to the deck of the Intrepid.

Apple seen unloading new MacBook Pros and (possibly) iMacs at WWDC
With new product expectations weighing in its favor, Apple Inc. at its upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference will complement a showing of ...

BlackBerry unloading corporate jets in addition to 4,700 employees
A Bombardier Global Express. Blackberry likely spent more than $20 million on one of these just two months ago. Now, the company is selling it. ...

Worst car unloading attempt ever is quick and painful
... in Russia are caught on dash cam . Occasionally, someone with just a cell phone captures some gold, like this woeful attempt at unloading what ...

Yahoo’s Big Trouble in Big China: Report Says Asian Asset Unloading Talks Collapse
Ousted Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz would be able to find the right word for today. Too bad she's not around to share it with them. Yahoo's problems ...

Samsung overwhelms the tech world by unloading a plethora of gadgets at IFA
The swelling strings… the soothing sounds of bird songs and running water… the Buddha-like invocations to attain heightened levels of enlightenment ...

Time Warner begins unloading Clearwire shares
Time Warner Cable Inc. has begun selling its 46.4 million shares of Clearwire Corp. stock. Time Warner announced earlier this month it would ...

Train Carrying Biofuel Crosses Border 24 Times Without Unloading to Exploit Obama "Green Energy" Loopholes ...
But, hey: it's not like the U.S. is running trillion dollar deficits or anything . A cargo train filled with biofuels crossed the border between ...