EASY QUESTION! Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 question

Here's a quick and easy one for you:
I am upgrading SQL Anywhere (on redhat 9) from
version 9.0.0.1120 to 9.0.2 using the maintenence
release, plus the express bug fix to bring me to build
3169.

My question: although the server resides on linux, our
clients access it via Win98.  What do I need to download
and install to update the client / isql / sql central on
Win98?

Please post to newsgroup.

Thanks!
Jason Boardman
0
Jason

Jason,

Provided you have already installed the ASA 9.0.0 Network database client
components (ISQL and Sybase Central) on the Windows 98 machine, it is not of
extreme importance to upgrade the clients as they will still be able to
connect to the database server. If you want to update the clients, you can
download the following.

Under the Windows x86 operating system:
SQL Anywhere Studio - Maintenance Release(English), Upgrade of 9.0.x to
9.0.2 (Software Only)
and
SQL Anywhere Studio - Express Bug Fix, Update of 9.0.2 to build 3169

Apply the Maintenance release to the clients first. Deselect all of the
components except the 'Network database client', ISQL and Sybase Central.
Then apply the Express Bug Fix to the client. Again, deselect all of the
components except the 'Network database client', ISQL and Sybase Central.

The downloads can be found at
http://www.ianywhere.com/support/sql_anywhere.html under EBFs / Patches

--
Joshua Savill
iAnywhere Solutions - Product Support Analyst

<Jason Boardman> wrote in message
> Here's a quick and easy one for you:
> I am upgrading SQL Anywhere (on redhat 9) from
> version 9.0.0.1120 to 9.0.2 using the maintenence
> release, plus the express bug fix to bring me to build
> 3169.
>
> My question: although the server resides on linux, our
> clients access it via Win98.  What do I need to download
> and install to update the client / isql / sql central on
> Win98?
>
> Please post to newsgroup.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason Boardman

0
Joshua

Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we do some replication. Is it as easy as this? I can just rename the transaction log and then delete it. Could you share your experience if you have done this already? We are concerned that we will have problems with synchronization when we do this upgrade. Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. ...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

9.0.1 to 9.0.2 question
Currently an application running on an older Symbol device with CF 1.x that was built using a 9.0.1.xxxx build is synchronizing with a consolidated db of the same 9.0.1.xxxx build. I am porting the handheld application to an intermec device and will need to build using the .NET CF 2.0. In order to do this I need to move to a 9.0.2.xxxx SQL anywhere build. I'd like to leave the consolidated db alone, since there is an amount of time that I will have a mixture of old (9.0.1.xxxx) and new devices(9.0.2.xxxx) clients synchronizing with it. My question is, can I do this, and if...

question : upgrade from ASA 9.0.1 build 1975 to ASA 9.0.2 build 2551
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When upgrading from ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.2 is it critical that the = database be unloaded and reloaded or can just the software be updated? Thanks, Dave ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML...

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this is done if I try and create a database I get the following error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=DBA Password=*** ENG=asdfa START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048 DBN=utility_db I have also tried these same steps on another mac...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10
Name: Bert Royden Email: walldiveratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10 Comments: I downloaded the .10 version and immediately was unable to open any pdf web pages. I've gotten rid of version .10, but I have no idea where to redownload 2.0.0.9. There should be an easy place on your website to download previous versions of Firefox. Sincerely, Bert Royden Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) ...

2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16
Name: Danny Eaton Email: dannyeatonatricedotedu Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16 Comments: When I am running v 2.0.0.9, I have no problems. When Firefox AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADES to 2.0.0.16 (without having asked me if I want to), I have problems with Flash (on my wireless control server), and JAVA. I then have to uninstall flash, java, and Firefox 2.0.0.16, then reinstall 2.0.0.9, then flash and java. Huge pain in the ass. Why can't it just ask me if I want to upgrade, and if I say no, leave me alone? The problem only happens on this laptop, and 2.0.0...

ASA 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 On the Same Computer
Is it possible to maintain two versions of ASA on the same computer? I need to have 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 on the same server. Do you want to run both versions at the same time? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set filter to &q...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Does ODAC 9.2.0.7.0 work with Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 using VS2005?
I am using VS2005 and need to connect to an Oracle database. The Oracle database version is Oracle 9i 9.2.0.6.0 I have taken a look at the Oracle site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html). I can download the Oracle Data Access Component - Oracle9i Release 2 ODAC 9.2.0.7.0, but will this work with our current Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 ? Any help appreciated. Regards, Paul. Apsolutely.Install it, it will work w/o problems. Regards,Dejan VesićMCAD for .Net technologies | http://www.vesic.org/english/ | Blog: http://www.vesic.org...

Web resources about - EASY QUESTION! Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 question - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Questions asked about massive landslide in Shenzhen, China
A massive landslide in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen sent a sea of earth into an industrial district.

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

Hillary's communications director Jen Palmieri sounded utterly terrified facing questions from George ...
Palmieri should have been perfectly prepared. She's the communications director so she should be an ace at communications. She knew the precise ...

Weekend Reading: Buffer: 27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”
**Buffer**: [27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”](https://medium.com/keep-learning-keep-growing/27-question-to-ask-instead-of-w ...

31 tough interview questions you'll have to answer if you want to work at Netflix
New year, new job? If you want to work at Netflix, you might have to answer some hard interview questions first. Using Glassdoor's information ...

Mass shootings a major topic of Obama’s question and answer session - Videos - CBS News
President Obama wrapped up business at the White House with a wide ranging question and answer session in the briefing room yesterday before ...

Juniper faces questions about spying code planted in software
The discovery of spying code nestled deeply in Juniper's networking equipment, the latest example of a major IT vendor caught up in an damaging ...

Ask Me Anything: Question 6
Continuing with the Ask Me Anything series , today’s question is about startup stress And here is my answer Part of reducing startup stress ...

Stevens: No question Thomas is a ‘very good scorer’
Skip to main content Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com Header links TV Listings Channel Finder Apps Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search ...