Duplicate row in Proxy table

I've moved database server from Win 2000 to Win 2003 and I get a lot of
strange results using proxy tables.

- Sql Anywhere 8.02.4249
- Windows 2000 server

New installation:
- Sql Anywhere 8.03.5144
- Windows 2003 server

In both cases:
- Odbc driver IBM Client Access 9.00.08.00 for As400 DB2

On the new installation I get one row duplicated when I select from every
proxy table.
The duplicated row is always the first row of the last fetched block.
For example, if the table has 232 records Sql Any fetch the rows in blocks
of 50. The duplicated row is the 201th.
This row is returned as the last row of the select statement.
Total rows returned 233.

Second very very strange behavior:

select count(*) from as400_irf2

result:

count(*)
--------

The select statment returns TWO rows!
(as400_irf2 is the name of one proxy table. I get this with every proxy
table)

I hope someone can help
Andrea Martinelli.

0
Andrea

We are currently in the process of upgrading from asa 7 to 9
and have run into very similar circumstances.  A join with
proxy tables that should return 1 row of data returns what
looks to be like the block of the first so - many rows in
the joined proxy table.
It was working correctly on one version of 9 that we had
running on a server but not on any of the other servers.  We
upgraded the MDAC to 2.8 on that server and it started
behaving screwy like the others.
I posted on the 7th but haven't heard anything back.

> I've moved database server from Win 2000 to Win 2003 and I
> get a lot of strange results using proxy tables.

> - Sql Anywhere 8.02.4249
> - Windows 2000 server
>
> New installation:
> - Sql Anywhere 8.03.5144
> - Windows 2003 server
>
> In both cases:
> - Odbc driver IBM Client Access 9.00.08.00 for As400 DB2
>
> On the new installation I get one row duplicated when I
> select from every proxy table.
> The duplicated row is always the first row of the last
> fetched block. For example, if the table has 232 records
> Sql Any fetch the rows in blocks of 50. The duplicated row
> is the 201th. This row is returned as the last row of the
> select statement. Total rows returned 233.
>
> Second very very strange behavior:
>
> select count(*) from as400_irf2
>
> result:
>
> count(*)
> --------
> 232
> 232
>
> The select statment returns TWO rows!
> (as400_irf2 is the name of one proxy table. I get this
> with every proxy table)
>
> I hope someone can help
> Andrea Martinelli.

I have new symptoms:

In the ODBC trace log, at the end of a series of:

SQLExtendedFetch  with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)

there is a :

SQLExtendedFetch  with return code 100 (SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND)

followed by a second

SQLExtendedFetch  with return code 100 (SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND)

This last instruction is ONLY found in ODBC trace logs on Windows 2003
Server.
It is not performed on Win 2000 Server or Professional.

I think this is the cause of the errors.

On ALL machine where I have performed the tests I have now installed Sybase
8.03.5144

Another info (probably usefull):

changing the Server Option:

cis_rowset_size

from the default value of 50 to 1 (one) the errors doesn't occurs.

From the online Help:

cis_rowset_size : Set the number of rows that are returned from remote
servers for each fetch

many thanks for attention
Andrea Martinelli

"Andrea Martinelli" <andrea.martinelli@yamaha-motor.it> wrote in message
> I've moved database server from Win 2000 to Win 2003 and I get a lot of
> strange results using proxy tables.

> - Sql Anywhere 8.02.4249
> - Windows 2000 server
>
> New installation:
> - Sql Anywhere 8.03.5144
> - Windows 2003 server
>
> In both cases:
> - Odbc driver IBM Client Access 9.00.08.00 for As400 DB2
>
> On the new installation I get one row duplicated when I select from every
> proxy table.
> The duplicated row is always the first row of the last fetched block.
> For example, if the table has 232 records Sql Any fetch the rows in blocks
> of 50. The duplicated row is the 201th.
> This row is returned as the last row of the select statement.
> Total rows returned 233.
>
> Second very very strange behavior:
>
> select count(*) from as400_irf2
>
> result:
>
> count(*)
> --------
> 232
> 232
>
> The select statment returns TWO rows!
> (as400_irf2 is the name of one proxy table. I get this with every proxy
> table)
>
> I hope someone can help
> Andrea Martinelli.

---

Andrea

how to compare rows in the datatable and remove the duplicate rows (before removal of duplicate row i need to append those values to original rows)
Hii.             I have a datatable in that i have some rows.. i need to compare those rows one among the other based on first column only. If its duplicate row i need to append those col values to original row. For example here is the data in the table.: Total - 13 columns Name:     Jan:   Feb:   March:...............................Dec  Phani      2        4          ...

Duplicate a proxy table
Is there an equivalent callable procedure to the "Duplicate Proxy Table" dialog? Something like this: DUPLICATE PROXY DBA.proxyTable TO DBA.dbTable If what you are trying to do is copy data from the a remote table to a local table, then check out the sa_migrate functions: Adaptive Server Anywhere SQL User's Guide 14. Importing and Exporting Data Migrating databases to Adaptive Server Anywhere -- Mark Culp ASA Development ** Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the ** ** iAnywhere Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Update a rows in one table for each row in other table
Hello all, i am a newbie in SQL and i want to ask for your help in order to do the following update statement. I have a table tblUsers which holds all the users, one of the fields in their GroupId. In the UserGroup table i have a field "UsersCount" and in that field i want to keep the number of the users in that group. Basically i want everytime i am saving a user to recalculate the users in all usergroups. I am trying to have something like:SELECT User_GroupId, count(User_GroupId) as UsersCount FROM tblUsersWHERE DeletedFlag = 0 GROUP BY User_GroupId and then:"FOR EACH" User_GroupIdUPDAT...

Update row in Table A from row in Table B
Hello, I have 2 tables.... table A and table B. Ok, In a stored procedure, I pass in an int value @ID I want to get the row from Table B WHERE ID =@ID....and then UPDATE the Row in Table A that has the same ID...with the values from table B. Table A ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 a a Table B ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 b b I would like to update A.Col1 with B.Col1 and A.Col2 with B.Col2 Can someone help me out with this syntax? Thanks a lot. update tableA ...

Q: How do I prevent new duplicate rows on clustered non-unique key table with row level locking?
I can re-create a clustered index with option 'ignore_dup_row' to remove duplicate rows from a lock datarows table, but how do I prevent new duplicate rows being added to the table? /* Create table */ create table table1 (field1 int, field2 int) lock datarows /* Add dup rows */ insert into table1 values (1,1) (1 row affected) insert into table1 values (1,1) (1 row affected) /* Create clustered non unique index */ create clustered index ix_table1 on table1 (field1,field2) with ignore_dup_row Warning: deleted duplicate row. Primary key is '1, 1' Warning: ...

Duplicate rows while retriving from table
i am getting duplicate rows while retrieving data from tables in ASA. I am presently using ASA 8.0.2 with patch #4542 But the above query works fine with ASA 8.0.2 with patch #4398. the SElect query contains 30-40 casting expresstions, 2 temporary tables and few sub queries. on the previous patch it was retriving distinct records but now i am getting duplicate rows for the same query. Can anyone confirm me what is this problem regarding ? Why i am getting thios type of errors. Needs a quick reply because i stuck in bet my devlovement. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--...

Delete duplicate Rows from Table
 hi.        i have one scenario in which user will be inserting multiple rows in database at one click of the button..But the problem is that there is not primary key in the table..So i wan to delete the duplicate rows from the table then insert the new one... Can some one provide me the query???likeAB    1     DDAB    1     DDAB    2     DDRA    2     CCNow when user is inserting  AB   1    DDthen it should delete the two(r...

How to remove duplicate rows from a table?
Hi, I am a beginner and I am currently creating a dynamically  generated table containing results  of multiple queries. Something like this, only more times.if(reader.Read())            {                while(reader.Read())                {                     // add row to the table                ...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Delete rows in proxy table
Is there a way to issue delete on proxy table? On 21 Apr 2005 14:52:08 -0700, Ashish wrote: >Is there a way to issue delete on proxy table? Did you try DELETE? Breck -- SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20 bcarter@risingroad.com RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services www.risingroad.com Delete give me the following error message. I am issuing delete from the database where I defined the proxy table. Delete works fine if I am connected to remote database. Error ...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #2
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. Sorry technical problems! I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. I have a table which holds all of my project info and I have another table which holds discriptive project codes like project type, project category, progect life cycle.So in the pro...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #4
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Stored Procedure that fetch each row of a table and update rows in another table
I am working with the following two tables: Category(NewID,OldID) Link(CategoryID,BusinessID) All fields are of Integer Type. I need to write a stored procedure in sql 2000 which works as follows: Select all the NewID and OldID from the Category Table (SELECT NewID,OldID FROM Category) Then for each rows fetched from last query, execute a update query in the Link table. For Example, Let @NID be the NewID for each rows and @OID be the OldID for each rows. Then the query for each row should be.. UPDATE Link SET CategoryID=@CID WHERE CategoryID=@OID Please help me ...

Web resources about - Duplicate row in Proxy table - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Duplicate bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Duplicate bridge is the most widely used variation of contract bridge in club and tournament play. It is called duplicate because the same bridge ...

Search for duplicate files - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Home Random Search for duplicate files Search for duplicate files based on hash values. 900 × 600 pixel File size: 377 B MIME ...

How to Duplicate Facebook’s Hacktober
... build and maintain a security-aware culture. Director of security operations Jennifer Henley shared tips for other companies looking to duplicate ...

Facebook adds new duplicate page finder tool for admins to report unofficial pages
Some Facebook page owners are seeing a new “Report Duplicates” module that allows them to search for pages related to their own and report those ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search now with robust Near Duplicate Detection. Filters scraped or syndicated content ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search now with robust Near Duplicate Detection. Filters scraped or syndicated content. http://t.

Cleaner – Remove Duplicate Contacts for Addressbook, iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo & Outlook for iPhone, iPod ...
Get Cleaner – Remove Duplicate Contacts for Addressbook, iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo & Outlook on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

How-To: Safely shrink your Mac’s giant photo library, deleting duplicate images to save space
... Apple’s new Photos app , you might be surprised to learn that you’ve lost a lot of hard drive space, and that there are suddenly tons of duplicate ...

Ubaldo Jimenez seeks to duplicate fastball command, success in second start Friday
In between so many starts in 2014, right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez spoke of the fixes he knew he needed to make to improve his performance.

Unit Testing In Java, Duplicate Code in Java GUIs
... to comment on: You're perfectly right when saying that implementing ActionListener in the window class itself usually leads to loads of duplicated ...