DSN less connection with powerbuilder 11.2

Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL Anywhere
database  in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me

With thanks

Polachan
POLACHAN

Polachan,

The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the system.

"DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
0
Jeff
2/17/2009 5:56:25 PM
On 17 Feb 2009 09:56:25 -0800,
Thanks Jeff,

Is it possible to give database connection as follows

sqlca.DBMS="ODBC"
sqlca.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver={SQL Anywhere 10
(*.db)};DataBaseFile=C:\test\db_contact.db;UID=dba;Uid=;Pwd=sql'"
sqlca.AutoCommit=FALSE
connect ;

But it is not working .  Plese let me know where is the problem. I am a beginner
with sqlanywhere.

 in sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general
Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] <firstname.lastname@ianywhere.com> wrote:
>Polachan,
>
>The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
>string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the system.
>
>"DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."
>
>Regards,
>
>POLACHAN wrote:
>> Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL Anywhere
>> database  in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me
>
>--
>Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere
>
>iAnywhere Developer Community :
>http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
>iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
>SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
>http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timefr
ame=0
0
POLACHAN
2/18/2009 9:47:19 AM
How do you know in this case if dbeng11 or dbsrv11 is started?

Thanks
Eric

Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] schreef:
> Polachan,
>
> The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
> string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the system.
>
> "DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."
>
> Regards,
>
> POLACHAN wrote:
>> Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL
>> Anywhere
>> database  in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me

0
Ontsnapt
2/18/2009 11:45:48 AM
The Driver string has to match exactly.  Go to the Drivers tab in
ODBCAD32.EXE and see how the SQL Anywhere 10 driver is named.  On my machine
(and probably on yours), it's just "SQL Anywhere 10".  Remove the (*.db)
part.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

<POLACHAN> wrote in message news:499bd927$1@forums-1-dub...
> On 17 Feb 2009 09:56:25 -0800,
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> Is it possible to give database connection as follows
>
> sqlca.DBMS="ODBC"
> sqlca.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver={SQL Anywhere 10
> (*.db)};DataBaseFile=C:\test\db_contact.db;UID=dba;Uid=;Pwd=sql'"
> sqlca.AutoCommit=FALSE
> connect ;
>
> But it is not working .  Plese let me know where is the problem. I am a
> beginner
> with sqlanywhere.
>
> in sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general
> Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] <firstname.lastname@ianywhere.com> wrote:
>>Polachan,
>>
>>The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
>>string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the system.
>>
>>"DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>POLACHAN wrote:
>>> Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL
>>> Anywhere
>>> database  in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me
>>
>>--
>>Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere
>>
>>iAnywhere Developer Community :
>>http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
>>iAnywhere Documentation :
>>http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
>>SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
>>http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timefr
> ame=0

0
Paul
2/18/2009 3:18:21 PM
You can add the "START='<path to SQL Anywhere executable>'" to the dbparm
and specify it explicitly.

--

"Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do you know in this case if dbeng11 or dbsrv11 is started?
>
> Thanks
> Eric
>
> Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] schreef:
>> Polachan,
>>
>> The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
>> string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the
>> system.
>>
>> "DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> POLACHAN wrote:
>>> Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL
>>> Anywhere
>>> database  in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me

0
Paul
2/18/2009 3:19:28 PM
.... and if START= is not specified on the connection string the default is
dbeng11 is started.  Note you need to specify DBF=<path> if you want the
personal server to autostart if one isn't already running.

--

Ian McHardy (Sybase iAnywhere)

Please reply only to the newsgroup.

SQL Anywhere Developer Community -
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
SQL Anywhere Blog Center - http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
> You can add the "START='<path to SQL Anywhere executable>'" to the dbparm
> and specify it explicitly.
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> "Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How do you know in this case if dbeng11 or dbsrv11 is started?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Eric
>>
>> Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] schreef:
>>> Polachan,
>>>
>>> The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection
>>> string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the
>>> system.
>>>
>>> "DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..."
>>>
>>> Regards,

0
Ian

DSN-Less connection #2
I am attempting an ASA7 - DSN-Less connection through an IIS process. This works fine in ASA5 but won't work with ASA7 ? I know my connection strings are correct, because if I execute the code "locally" it works. It's only failing when it is run through IIS. I gave administrator rights to IWAM_<computername> but still doesn't work. Thanks What is your connection string (DSN-less connection)? "Ray Norrish" <ray@careervision.co.uk> wrote in message news:bZXm$LCVCHA.258@forums.sybase.com... > I am attempting an ASA7 - DSN-Less...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

how i make dsn less connection in powerbuilder 8
I want to connect database without dsn how can i do that, please send code for that A quick google search yielded: http://www-gatago.com/comp/soft-sys/powerbuilder/2432684.html Simply change the Driver= value to match the ODBC driver you want to use. pravin wrote: > I want to connect database without dsn how can i do that, > please send code for that -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 ...

PowerBuilder 10.2.1 and SQLAnywhere 11
We are currently using PowerBuilder 10.2.1 and have been using ASA 8.03. We have switched development to SQLAnywhere 11. In the database painter, I can define a new table, but the options to create a new foreign key, a new primary key, and index no longer show. I assume this is because of missing entries from pbodb100.dll. Can someone tell me what the entries should be. Thanks, James This really isn't an "answer" for you, but why not use Sybase Central to do your database management, rather than the database painter in PB? (Or better yet, PowerDesigner......

Deploying ASA6 and using DSN-less connections... #2
Hi, After much research and trial and error, I have come up with a method of easily deploying ASA6 with my PowerBuilder 5 application (I would imagine all would still work with higher versions as well) and also of connecting to my ASA database without creating an ODBC Data Source (DSN). I noticed that this topic is asked about frequently, but I was unable to find a simple solution so I'd lke to contribute this one. I have tested this method on my Windows 95, 98 and 2000 environments, with complete success. If you have any comments about my method, please pass them along. ...

Powerbuilder 11.2 and Oracle 11
Our organization is moving from Oracle 10G to Oracle 11 and it appears that PB 11.2 does not support Oracle 11. I have found the link noted below, can anyone tell me if this link is out of date or current? http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Thanks. You can connect to 11i just fine. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Will" <william.viktora@tc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:e84fd92b-a870-442e-be24-781c6bdfe...

DSN-less, register-less connection?
I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + & "UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + & "Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'" But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a register setting, or does it? Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a connection? "Doogie" <doogie@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:OWG942%23NDHA.364@forums-2-dub... > I have the DSN-...

EA-Server 6.2 to PowerBuilder 11.2 EJB client update #2
I've been working off and on for the last couple of months in the attempt to create a model EA-Server 6.2 application that can return a PowerBuilder NVO and be used from PowerBuilder EA-Server clients, PowerBuilder EJB clients, generic EJB clients, and generic SOAP clients. As documented in previous threds that I started back in April, I was unable to get either of the PowerBuilder client models to successfully work with the returned NVO. My local Sybase branch connected me informally with a couple of folks from Sybase China and long story short, I was told to hang on unt...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

Powerbuilder Upgrade from 8.2 to 11.2
Hi, We're looking to upgrade our pfc application from 8.2 to 11.2. Are there any documents available to help me with this. Anyting in particular I need to ensure \ avoid? Thank Raj Take a look at Terry Voth's site for upgrade info: http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <raj.khanna@edftrading.com> wrote in message ne...

Problem using ASA 7.0 connecting to ASE 11.9.2 via ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Web resources about - DSN less connection with powerbuilder 11.2 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles