Determining database version

Does anyone know what the mapping between the value contained in the
database_version field of sys.sysinfo is to the release versions of
SQLAnywhere (e.g. 5.5.04, ASA 6.02, etc.) ? Is there a tech doc or any
source that lists this information? I'd like to be able to tell what version
a database is before running the dbupgrad utility. I have used isql to look
at the contents of sys.sysinfo for a couple of the sample dbs, but I'm
hoping there's a better source somewhere.
Thanks in advance.

0
Rob

The database version will never be higher than the engine version.  (No
wise cracks about being master of the obvious here, ok?)

The database version doesn't always equal the engine version because
there are not always changes to the structure even though the engine gets
a new version.

I don't remember all the points at which the db version changed.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

How do I determine database version?
When upgrading a product installation, I need to call "ALTER DATABASE UPGRADE" on 10.0.x databases. What is the best way to figure out the Sybase version of a database (which version of Sybase created the database)? Dave, I think this could do: SELECT version FROM SYSHISTORY WHERE operation = 'INIT' HTH Reimer Dave wrote: > When upgrading a product installation, I need to call "ALTER > DATABASE UPGRADE" on 10.0.x databases. What is the best way > to figure out the Sybase version of a database (which > version of Sybase created the d...

Database File Version vs Database Engine Version
Hi. I was recently visiting a customer site and noticed, from Sybase Central, that the customer's database file displayed a 5.x version number, even though the ASA engine was version 7.0.2. This customer is running our pb6.5 / ASA 7 application under Citrix and is having problems which are not appearing at other customer sites. I would like to rule-out any possibility of these problems being generated by our application. Has anyone eliminated problems by upgrading the database file to the same version as the database engine? Does Sybase recommend that the file be kept &quo...

How to upgrade/convert version 8.1 database to version 10 database
Hi, I would like to upgrade a 8.1 version into version 10 database. Could you please tell me, how to go about it ? regards Venu "venu" <venuc@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to upgrade a 8.1 version into version 10 database. > > Could you please tell me, how to go about it ? Have you heard about the SA manual ;)? Start from the following: -------------------------------------------------- SQL AnywhereR 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading SQL Anywhere .... --------------------------------------...

Checking a .db file to determine database version
I am upgrading our app from using Watcom4 databases to Adaptive Server Anywhere. There are quite a few problems in using the Watcom .db files with the ASA engine. I need to do a 'rebuild' on all the .dbs I encounter that are of the Watcom version before connecting with ASA (otherwise the server hangs). My question is does anyone know how to determine the version of the ..db file. (for example any binary header information I can look at) I've had a look but it doesn't seem to be that obvious! TIA, Monica PS. Any alternative workarounds greatly apreciated.. ...

The assembly version does not match the database version
Hi, everybody, My name's thuantam and I'm very interested in using DNN to study with my PC. I want to install the DNN 2.0 Beta with the OS: Windows 2003 Server, SQL server 2000 and IIS 6.0 on my PC. but IE noted me with the page "The assembly version [ASSEMBLYVERSION] does not match the database version [DATABASEVERSION]", I think the error caused by my SQL Server. What can I do to fix this error. Thanks, thuantam In there are two places in your web.config that you need to set your own<appSettings><add key="connectionString"....... ensure both plac...

Assembly version does not match Database version
I'm trying for the first time to open DotNetNuke in my browser and get the following error:   DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database.Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance   it looks like theres a problem with your connection string...Wessam Zeidan Is that the first time you try to install dotnetnuke ? Is it a local installation. What Version of DNN What o...

Database version vs. Server version
I am running the SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 server/engine and when I inspect the properties for my database object within SQL central it says that my database version is 5.0.03. Does anyone know what exactly the database version means? Do I need to update my database? If so, How? -Scott scharris@worldnet.att.net >I am running the SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 server/engine and when I inspect the >properties for my database object within SQL central it says that my >database version is 5.0.03. Does anyone know what exactly the database >version means? Do I need to update my ...

Converting a database from version 6 to version 7
I am working with a site that has ASA 7 installed but the database version is still 6. Will a backup and restore upgrade the database from 6 to 7? If not, what do I need to do to perform the upgrade? Thanks. -- ..Bill. You can simply run the database on an ASA7 server. If you want to move to an ASA7 format database file, use dbunload to rebuild the database. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Register now for TechWave 2006 August 6-10 in Las Vegas. New! 2...

The Assembly Version does not match the Database Version #2
When navigating to the DotNetNuke site, I get this error: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLY VERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASE VERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider It worked when using the default MsAccess database. Then I tried to switch to use MSDE. By for example using ODBC, I can connect to the Database with the user and password provided in the connectionString in Web.Config. This is the only change done: applying sa as uid and a password as pwd in the connecti...

Version 8 database with version 7 engine
Can I create a database file with version 8 client and run the database using a version 7 engine on a Novell server? I don't need any of the fancy new features added to version 8, we are okay with version 7 features. Thanks. I found the answer. Thanks anyway. The answer: Adaptive Server Anywhere servers can manage databases created with earlier versions of the software, but old servers cannot manage newer databases. > Can I create a database file with version 8 client and run > the database using a version 7 engine on a Novell server? > > I don't need a...

how can I determine the GroupWise version from the NLM version?
I am new in this environment (large 2700+ users, 50+ POS, etc), the GroupWise version is supposed to be GW 5.5 EP SP 4. However the NLMs vary, some are 5.56e and some are 5.56.05 Also, we are seeing a problem with poa logs that is supposed to be fixed by have the up-to-date version of the language files: gwpoa1us.fil and gwpoa1us.hlp. (see TID 10058227) The dates on these files are: gwpoa1us.fil 12/18/2001 gwpoa1us.hlp 7/27/1999 The software distribution directories are now consistent, so I can not trust them to have everything up to date. I appreciate your time ...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] )
Yesterday I download DNN v2 and followed the setup instructions. - unzip package into C:\DotNetNuke - create Virtual Directory in IIS called DotNetNuke which points to the directory where the DotNetNuke.sln file exists - manually create SQL Server database named DotNetNuke ( using Enterprise Manager or ... ) - change connectionstring settings in web.config to match your system (This is the option that I have choosen). - browse to localhost/DotNetNuke - the application will automatically execute the necessary database scripts The following error appear: ERROR: Could no...

The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] )
Hello, I wanted to upgrade my DNN 1.0.... version to DNN version 2. Therefore I renamed the Version 1 DNN to an "OLD" directory, and I created a new directory with the name of the old one. In this way I had not to change the links in my other webpages. Futhermore, I deleted the Verion 1 database (MSDE 2000). I downloaded the version 2 DNN and unzipped it to the destined directory. When I started up for the first time in order to let the database be generated I got the following errormessage: The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Ve...

Web resources about - Determining database version - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Rate-determining step - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... kinetics , the rate (or velocity) of a reaction mechanism with several steps is often determined by the slowest step, known as the rate-determining ...

Determining Business Value
... What I will attempt to do in this blog is provide a model for looking at business value focusing on the portfolio [...] The post Determining ...

Determining Sea Level
It’s much more complicated than you think:

Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count
For computers with Mac OS X v10.4.x or later, use the steps in this article to determine the cycles on your Mac notebook's battery.

Determining Valuation Multiples
Last week on MBA Mondays , I talked about valuing an internet marketplace business . In that post, I talked about using 1x gross marketplace ...

Determining a Player's True UZR
Question: How do I determines a player's real/predicted UZR including age adjustments? Why I asked the question: I needed a way for my Manger's ...

NBA Preseason Determining Destinies for Houston Rockets Bench
HOUSTON—It’s the night of Oct. 13, 2014, and the Houston Rockets are hosting the Phoenix Suns . Dwight Howard and James Harden are sitting this ...

It's Breyer and not O'Connor determining the outcome in the Ten Commandments monument case.
All eyes turn to Justice Breyer, who voted with the Chief Justice and Justices Kennedy, Scalia, and Thomas , to produce a victory for the state ...

DETERMINING IF WE NEED ANOTHER BUSH AS PRESIDENT: Using the Common Core Method
... invested by dousing it in gasoline and then applying a lit sparkler. Best, Doug For the rest of America, there's this: MT @darmercurio: Determining ...