Delphi and 5.5

Hello!
I work with Delphi5 and SQL Anywhere 5.5 for DBMS-applications developing.

There are 2 questions.

1. For desktop application. I'd like to include necessary files of SQL
Anywhere into distribution to make installation procedure most simpler for
user. Which files of SQL Anywhere should I put into installational package
and also which additions should I make in Windows registry?

2. How can I register DB alias in ODBC?

3. The same for CS-application.

Is it possible at all?

TIA

0
Nicolay

I believe all your questions about SQL Anywhere can be answered by reading
the on-line document we have entitled "Sybase SQL Anywhere Client
Application Deployment Whitepaper ".  This information was added to the
documentation for v6, but for v5, you can go to

http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002363

--
Reg Domaratzki
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

"Nicolay A. Vasiliev" <n.vasiliev@apatit.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
> I work with Delphi5 and SQL Anywhere 5.5 for DBMS-applications developing.
>
> There are 2 questions.
>
> 1. For desktop application. I'd like to include necessary files of SQL
> Anywhere into distribution to make installation procedure most simpler for
> user. Which files of SQL Anywhere should I put into installational package
> and also which additions should I make in Windows registry?
>
> 2. How can I register DB alias in ODBC?
>
> 3. The same for CS-application.
>
> Is it possible at all?
>
> TIA

0
Reg
3/8/2001 1:33:47 PM
Nicolay,

I have a commercial product that is written in Delphi 5 using BDE
and ODBC that uses SQLA 5.5.05 as it's database. It's very stable
for over 3 years (virtually no data corruption in the hands of
many different users) and works like a charm.

Read the reference by Reg and you'll have no problems.

Mike

0
Mike
3/8/2001 6:16:52 PM
Sorry my late answer, I hadn't Internet access in last few days.
Thank you very much for your answers, I hope this article will useful for
me.
0
Nicolay_A

SQLAnywhere 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05
Hello! I have recieved message from "owner-inews-tech-sqlanywhere@sybase.com" with Subject "Delphi users". Where can I obtain new ebf(s)? I found only 5.5.03 in the Software library. (http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html) ==== Subject: Bug Fix / Enhancement (PTrack 479443) - .... Summary: Delphi can't insert Blobs > 32k - SQLBindParameter only inserted the first 32k of a given buffer. Versions affected: 5.5.x Versions fixed: 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05 P4 change number: 52135, 52298 Modules affected: wod50 .... === You'll have to contact Tech ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Help! Delphi 4 and SqlAnywhere 5.5
Help! We have some apps that worked fine with Delphi 3 but now they don't work any more. We have some Table components and if you start the app, an error occurs. It says, that e.g. an string is expected by an unknown datatyp is found. Although it works fine in design mode! Can anybody help??? Chris 1. Dbl.click on your TQuery's and TTable components. 2. Mark all data fields (not the calculated once) 3. Delete them (DEL) 4. Add them back again. 5. Save. Peter. ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith I already answered this in the general newsgroup. Please do not cross post. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX I only crossed posted because this group has al...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith SQL Anywhere does not support SMP, ASA does but not on Novell. But, it won't hurt to add another processor. The OS will continue to use one and SQL Anywhe...

5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?
I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database (created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if this is 'correct' behaviour? Many thanks in advance -- MAX HUGEN Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au Tel: +612 9560 3061 Fax: +612 9564 5073 >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could...

5.5.03 or 5.5.04??
I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there anything in 03 that is not included in 04? Second, are there any known problems with 04? I'll listen to facts, rumors, opinions, etc. TIA Shannon 5.5.04 seems pretty stable. -- Terry Black HCIA, Inc. e-mail:tblac@hcia.com Shannon Griffith wrote in message ... >I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test >system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there >a...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

jConnect 5.2, SQLAnywhere 5.5 and BigDecimal
I have posted a question in the jconnect50 group but without response, so I am trying to post the question here as well. We are using jConnect 5.2 and it seems that we are unable to use PreparedStatement.setBigDecimal(...) fucntion correctly. When we try to save some BigDecimal into a SQLAnywhere 5.5 database, the data sometimes get updated correctly but sometimes it failed as an incorrect number is updated in the DB. For example, we can update the number "100.0" into the DB correctly, but if we were trying to update the value "100.1" then the column is update...

PB 11.5.1 and SqlAnywhere 5.5
When I open a datawindow in the datawindow painter and click Design>Data Source I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Syntax error: unknown function 'user_id' The heading on the message is GetTriggers. I do not have any triggers on this database. I get the same error regardless of the datawindow I open when I click Data Source. I click OK and it seems to be okay but not 100% sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry SQL Anywhere 5.5 has not been tested against PB 11.5.1. However, there is no reason that I can think that thi...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

GWIA 5.5.5
My GWIA has been configured for years never had a problem...moved the server changed the ip address and now relaying won't turn off. I deleted the gwia and made sure the entire diectory structure was removed, re-installed the GWIA and had the same problem. If I telnet to the gwia and type helo mail from:"joe@yahoo.com" rcpt to:"joe@yahoo.com" data This is a test. .. I get an ok response after each line. If relaying was off would I get 250 Ok or a message stating something about no relaying? I get thousands of messages coming in and ending up in th...

groupwise 5.5 #5
any real world configs out there that i can read about and use for my setup? thanks z Zemi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try po...

Web resources about - Delphi and 5.5 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general