DB Tools - Unloading

Hi,
 I am trying to programmatically unload and recreate a database suing the
DB Tolls API. I cannot seem to figure out which parameters (or what they
should be set to) to specify in the an_unload_db structure in order to
successfully unload/reload the data. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
 Jay
0
Jay

I wrote a similar utility. I set the following fields.

memset( &unload_info, 0, sizeof( an_unload_db ) );
        unload_info.version        = DB_TOOLS_VERSION_NUMBER;
        unload_info.no_confirm     = 1;
        unload_info.errorrtn       = (MSG_CALLBACK)ErrorCallBack;
        unload_info.msgrtn         = (MSG_CALLBACK)MessageCallBack;
        unload_info.statusrtn      = (MSG_CALLBACK)StatusCallBack;
    unload_info.connectparms   = dbu_connectparams;     //
userid,password,database
    unload_info.unload_type    = UNLOAD_ALL;
    unload_info.verbose        = VB_VERBOSE;
    unload_info.use_internal_unload = 1;
    unload_info.replace_db     = 1;
    unload_info.startline      = "dbsrv8";

    ret = DBUnload(&unload_info);

where dbu_connectparams is a string like "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dbf=/ascend.db".

For a complete discussion of an_unload_db structure, look at
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-sas/awg0800e/dbpgen8/@Generic__BookView?DwebQuery=an_unload_db&DwebSearchAll=1

cheers,
prasanna.
0
Prasanna

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Tools to convert Mantis DB to Bugzilla DB?
Does anyone know what tools can be use to convert Mantis DB to Bugzilla DB? We plan to use Bugzilla as our new Bug Tracking system. Regards, Sukmasari Sukmasari, 2007/7/11, princess.annisa@gmail.com <princess.annisa@gmail.com>: > Does anyone know what tools can be use to convert Mantis DB to > Bugzilla DB? We plan to use Bugzilla as our new Bug Tracking system. Mantis can probably export its bug database as XML. You can craft an XSLT file helping you to convert this so that it conforms to the DTD of your Bugzilla's version (you can find the DTD as bugzilla....

Change of a SQLAnywhere-DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
I have an application which runs at a customer with a SQLAnywhere-Database. Now my development went on; I have added new Tabels, added new Columns to old tables but I never delete any cloumns or tables. I am look for a tool or a peace of PB-Code which upgrades the structure of the old database to the new structure. Something which generates the "Alter Table/Add Table Upgarde-Script " out of the difference DB(new) - DB(old). Who can help me ? Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 The...

Change of a SQLAnywhere DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
Hello, I want to change the old structure of a SQLAnywhere-DB to a new structure; I know, that i can do this in PB-Script with Embedded-SQL "Alter-Table-Statements"; but .... I don't know them I'm looking for a Tool/ PC-Code generates me these "Alter-Table-Statements" out of the difference of the two Databases (old -> new). No columns or Tabels will be deleted in the new Database; only columns and Tables will be added. Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 ...

What generals generally do

How can I use the "importxml.pl" perl script to import another defect tracker tool DB into Bugzilla DB?
------=_Part_7370_5071979.1145405277800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, How can I use the "importxml.pl" perl script to import another defect tracker tool DB into Bugzilla DB? As far as I know, such perl script servers as an importer from some sort of xml file schema into MYSQL Bugzilla DB, and I guess there should be out there a technical paper telling me so, but can't find it in all of the Bugzilla website documentation. I am a bit desperate here; would someone p...

How to Script a SQLAnyWhere DB
Hello: I have created a database using sqlanywhere 5.5 pro and I would now like to generate a script of the database so that I can run this script on any new client's computer that purchases my program. I know that I can just create a backup copy of the blank DB, but having the script would be nice as well. This same apps works with SQL Server too and I can use the Enterprise Manager in SQL Server to script the entire database. How can I do this in SQLA? See the documentaion under 'dbunload' ...

Relation DB tool
Is there a good (free if possible) tool that would transform the relation model to a DB? like i'd like to draw some table (design the db) and when i'm satisfied with the design i'd like to bring it to SQL Server. Without going manualy creating each table and columns. Thanks, ...

General db queries
Hi I am currently running the IbuySpy Portal on my lap top using MSDE. Could anyone clarify a few points for me ... 1) If I buy SQL Server 2000 which I aim to do ... will this simply install over my MSDE and leave my portal database intact and run it as per normal? 2) I currently use web matrix to explore my portal database - I notice that in the users table of the portal the field size property for the key UserID field is set to "4" - does this in fact mean that there is only capacity to have 9999 users and then no more can be added? I assume this is correct. 3) A...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

db compare tool
Hi All, does any of you nows about a compare tool that can do the follwing: We have an application that works against a sybase db. if someone change the db structure , tables ,remove columns , change permissions , constrains, sp , triggers etc. the application will fail to run. I would like to check the db,before running the application , see if it has the same structure that it needs to run it correctly. the tool should have an ability to run if from the application ,using APIs. did you know about such tool , I would be glad to add more details. thanks golan Embarca...

DB Admin tool
In my search for a remote capable DB admin tool for SQL Server, I came across this. Not sure if it's been posted already, but I thought I'd share it. This is a remote capable admin tool for SQL Server that is a web based UI and runs local on your machine via IIS. Here's the link: Shusheng SQL Tool V1.13 I didn't want to throw SQL Enetrprise Manager on this laptop (have some serious space issues), and this seemed like a good enough tool. I tested it out last night with some basic stuff like changing the passwords for the Host and Admininstrator users, etc. Worked great. L...

Change DB tool
I have been struggling with this for a while now. I want to change DB tool. I want to use ACCESS Does PB 6.5.1 need a patch to get it working? if so which one? What is "latest build 1299 afaik"? Once again Thank You If you use ODBC level 4, you need pb651 + later build, since it PB 65 doesn't know about some of the changes introduced in ODBC 4. If you are using ODBC 3.5, PB65 will work just fine. 1299 is one of the last EBFs available. 651 is build 620. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.syb...

DB Management tools
Can someone please suggest some alternative DB management tools to DBArtisan and Sybase Central? We run a mixed RDBMS environment so we'd like to have connections to Sybase/MS SQL Server & Oracle through one interface if possible. I made the same question some months ago... Unfortunately, the answer that I receive was: use Embarcadero's DBArtisan. It's an excellent product, but expensive. Good luck! <Simon Rose> wrote in message news:40cf1d40.71f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Can someone please suggest some alternative DB management > tools to DBArtisan...

DB Backup tools
Can anyone tell me where I can download the SQL AnyWhere DB tools. I am using PB 6.0 with SQL AnyWhere 5.0. The files i am looking are: dbbackup.exe, dbvalid.exe, dberase.exe etc, etc. -Kevin In article <01bfdd5c$07071e60$531c46a2@tigwest>, caprico@nettaxi.com says... > Can anyone tell me where I can download the SQL AnyWhere DB tools. I am > using PB 6.0 with SQL AnyWhere 5.0. The files i am looking are: > dbbackup.exe, dbvalid.exe, dberase.exe etc, etc. > > -Kevin > Please refrain from cross-posting your questions THANKS -- Andy Turiansky [Team...

Web resources about - DB Tools - Unloading - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Sheryl Sandberg Keeps Unloading Facebook Shares
Whether Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg is heading to Disney , running for Senate , or staying put at the social network, one ...

Sheryl Sandberg Keeps Unloading Facebook Shares
Whether Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg is heading to Disney , running for Senate , or staying put at the social network, one ...

Unloading the shuttle, yesterday in NYC
Our reader emailed us these pics he took of the shuttle being removed from the barge to the deck of the Intrepid.

Apple seen unloading new MacBook Pros and (possibly) iMacs at WWDC
With new product expectations weighing in its favor, Apple Inc. at its upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference will complement a showing of ...

BlackBerry unloading corporate jets in addition to 4,700 employees
A Bombardier Global Express. Blackberry likely spent more than $20 million on one of these just two months ago. Now, the company is selling it. ...

Worst car unloading attempt ever is quick and painful
... in Russia are caught on dash cam . Occasionally, someone with just a cell phone captures some gold, like this woeful attempt at unloading what ...

Yahoo’s Big Trouble in Big China: Report Says Asian Asset Unloading Talks Collapse
Ousted Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz would be able to find the right word for today. Too bad she's not around to share it with them. Yahoo's problems ...

Samsung overwhelms the tech world by unloading a plethora of gadgets at IFA
The swelling strings… the soothing sounds of bird songs and running water… the Buddha-like invocations to attain heightened levels of enlightenment ...

Time Warner begins unloading Clearwire shares
Time Warner Cable Inc. has begun selling its 46.4 million shares of Clearwire Corp. stock. Time Warner announced earlier this month it would ...

Train Carrying Biofuel Crosses Border 24 Times Without Unloading to Exploit Obama "Green Energy" Loopholes ...
But, hey: it's not like the U.S. is running trillion dollar deficits or anything . A cargo train filled with biofuels crossed the border between ...