Database version vs. Server version

I am running the SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 server/engine and when I inspect the
properties for my database object within SQL central it says that my
database version is 5.0.03.  Does anyone know what exactly the database
version means?  Do I need to update my database?  If so, How?

-Scott
scharris@worldnet.att.net

>I am running the SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 server/engine and when I inspect the
>properties for my database object within SQL central it says that my
>database version is 5.0.03.  Does anyone know what exactly the database
>version means?  Do I need to update my database?  If so, How?

This means that the datbase was initialized with 5.0.03, or was
upgraded to 5.0.03 using the dbupgrad utility.  You could run the
latest dbupgrad to bring the db up to 5.5.03.  However, you don't
really need to unless you are tryng to use new features that require
it.  I've heard that there's a replication feature that requires the
upgrade, but other than that I can't think of any.

hth

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill

Database File Version vs Database Engine Version
Hi. I was recently visiting a customer site and noticed, from Sybase Central, that the customer's database file displayed a 5.x version number, even though the ASA engine was version 7.0.2. This customer is running our pb6.5 / ASA 7 application under Citrix and is having problems which are not appearing at other customer sites. I would like to rule-out any possibility of these problems being generated by our application. Has anyone eliminated problems by upgrading the database file to the same version as the database engine? Does Sybase recommend that the file be kept &quo...

server version vs. OS/Netware version
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the server version and Netware version? For instance, if you type "version" at the command line, you may get something like Novell Netware 6.5 Support Pack Revision 01, but the server version will be completely different, i.e. Server Version 5.70.01. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NND On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:25:35 GMT, nnd@novellnovice.com wrote: >Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the server >version and Netware version? For instance, if you type "v...

XE3 Developer Version vs. ToGo Version vs. full IB XE3 Version
I started out with the developer edition in Delphi XE6. Then I purchased and installed the Interbase XE3 ToGo edition. However, as I had problems tracking the steps in the Interbase XE3 Quick Start Guide with the Developer Edition and the ToGo Edition, I purchased and installed the regular Interbase XE3 edition. Now, I do not know what version is running when I click on the Server (the Server box only contains the bottom label of “properties” and does not show the two buttons for “Server Properties” an d “Guardian Properties”. Then when I attempt to login to SYSDBA with the password “mast...

VS version and Framework version
IE web controls look great and there are obviously many developers using them. But the fact is Microsft say they are not supporting them, and on one page claim "This product is only compatible with machine running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio .net (7.0.9466)". In help|about of Visual Studio I find I am running framework build 1.1.4322 and VS 7.1.3088 This is on My home PC, which has an upgrade to the latest version of VS. At work I have a latest version of VS. What are my chances of using IE web controls on both machines? David David, ...

Runtime Version vs Version
Hello, When I am viewing the Properties for a Reference dll in my Reference folder I see that there are two versions for the file.  One says "Runtime Version" and the other "Version".  What is the difference between these two? Thank you,Ryan It may simply be the Assembly Version and File Version. These are set independantly in the application properties in the compiler. Mine are always the same...but you could version them independantly  I'm just a little confused.  I thought I converted my VS2005 2.0 application to VS2008 3.5 succe...

Error:....database 'DotNetNuke' cannot be opened because it is version 611. This server supports version 607 and earlier.
Anyone have any ideas on this one. searched the forum but didn't see it. thanksMark ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The database 'DotNetNuke' cannot be opened because it is version 611. This server supports version 607 and earlier....

How to upgrade/convert version 8.1 database to version 10 database
Hi, I would like to upgrade a 8.1 version into version 10 database. Could you please tell me, how to go about it ? regards Venu "venu" <venuc@hotmail.com> wrote: > I would like to upgrade a 8.1 version into version 10 database. > > Could you please tell me, how to go about it ? Have you heard about the SA manual ;)? Start from the following: -------------------------------------------------- SQL AnywhereR 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading SQL Anywhere .... --------------------------------------...

Client version versus server version
--____RUUODNXZXKLRUKKEGTPQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I apologize for the duplicate posting, but I have only heard from one = person on this question so far and that's too small a response for the = potential havoc that this can cause.=20 Question: We currently have all of our servers (NW) running GroupWise 6.5 = SP3. I now have a co-worker who needs to be running GroupWise 6.5 SP4 = for a client to support BlackBerry Enterprise for GroupWise. Any harm in = just giving him that client and leaving my servers...

SLES version vs kernel version
I am new to Linux. Is there a way for me to tell which CD and version (SLES or SLED / v9 or v10) that was used to install the Linux box. I did uname and it tells me kernel version 2.6.16. The user needs kernel v2.6.20. Can someone give me instructions to update the kernel. Thanks Ronny Ronny wrote: >Is there a way for me to tell which CD and version (SLES or SLED / v9 or >v10) that was used to install the Linux box. I did uname and it tells me >kernel version 2.6.16. The file SuSE-release in /etc tells you what system you are using. Based on your kernel...

Windows Version vs. Linux Version
I've noticed one minor difference between the Win and Linux versions. In the Windows version, if I click on the navigation bar's url part the entire contents of the bar are selected and typing clears the selection and replaces it with whatever I type. In the Linux version on my dual boot machine, this doesn't happen. Nothing is highlighted and whatever I type gets appended to whatever is already there. Is this the way it is supposed to be? No big deal -- just curious. Thank you Jack Gillis wrote: > I've noticed one minor difference between the Win...

Assembly version does not match Database version
I'm trying for the first time to open DotNetNuke in my browser and get the following error:   DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database.Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance   it looks like theres a problem with your connection string...Wessam Zeidan Is that the first time you try to install dotnetnuke ? Is it a local installation. What Version of DNN What o...

Trial Version vs Genuine Version
Reporting Services requires a valid license for SQL Server 2000. Where's the license? Is it the serial number of the copy of SQL Server 2000? Is the Reporting Services trial version identical to the genuine version? What's the related contact info? Thanks.Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" Try this link to download but you don't have buy it separately I think you cannot use it with MSDE.  It takes your existing SQL Server license for example the developer edition will have only five users.  Hope this helps.http://www.microsoft.com/sql/rep...

ZenPreAgent version newer than server version
Hi, When I install ZCM Pre Agent manually device doesn't register after reboot (default registration rule enable). When I try to register manually from comand line, error ocured. How I can fix if? -- bronislav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'm having a similar issue. The deployment fails and if I try to manually install I get a "Zenworks has encountered and error and needs to close" message. This is after updating the server to 10.1.1. Machines that are already in the system are OK but I can't add any. ...

The assembly version does not match the database version
Hi, everybody, My name's thuantam and I'm very interested in using DNN to study with my PC. I want to install the DNN 2.0 Beta with the OS: Windows 2003 Server, SQL server 2000 and IIS 6.0 on my PC. but IE noted me with the page "The assembly version [ASSEMBLYVERSION] does not match the database version [DATABASEVERSION]", I think the error caused by my SQL Server. What can I do to fix this error. Thanks, thuantam In there are two places in your web.config that you need to set your own<appSettings><add key="connectionString"....... ensure both plac...

Web resources about - Database version vs. Server version - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...