Database still quits with the message as follows

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BEX
  Application Name:	dbsrv9.exe
  Application Version:	9.0.2.3508
  Application Timestamp:	468e5941
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_e848
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
  Exception Offset:	384c0df0
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Data:	00000008
  OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	e848
  Additional Information 2:	ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d
  Additional Information 3:	01b7
  Additional Information 4:	f5c2d37efd7b53662faf6c4e3192fb65

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

This problem persists even after updating the version from
9.0.1 to 9.0.2

Thanks in advance
0
Eric

Hi Eric,

This is not enough information for us to provide a diagnostic.

9.0.2 has been End-of-Life'd ( http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1061840 )
thus engineering will not be releasing any new updates for 9.0.2.

Given this, there are only a few things you can do about this crash:

1) Check to see if your database is corrupted. Run "dbvalid" on it to
see if there are any errors. If there are any errors, go to a valid backup.

2) Upgrade to 9.0.2.3905 - the last 9.0.2 EBF (
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/detail.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&relid=14077
) and see if the crash goes away.

3) Upgrade to supported software (10.0.1, 11.0.1 or 12.0.0) and see if
the crash still occurs there. Open a case with technical support
(http://www.sybase.com/contactus/support/) to capture the necessary
crash information on the supported software.

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
0
Jeff
1/12/2011 2:40:54 PM
Eric,

I had an ASA6 database that I had started having issues with.  It started
crashing when we would validate the database.

Have you been able to determine what exactly causes the database to crash?
I've got a database that is currently in ASA 9.0.2 Build 3924.  Not having
any issues with it.

Any info might help out in diagnosing the issue.

HTH.

Jeff Gibson
Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
Nashville, TN

<Eric> wrote in message news:4d2d82ae.35af.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Problem signature:
>  Problem Event Name: BEX
>  Application Name: dbsrv9.exe
>  Application Version: 9.0.2.3508
>  Application Timestamp: 468e5941
>  Fault Module Name: StackHash_e848
>  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
>  Exception Offset: 384c0df0
>  Exception Code: c0000005
>  Exception Data: 00000008
>  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
>  Locale ID: 1033
>  Additional Information 1: e848
>  Additional Information 2: ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d
>  Additional Information 3: 01b7
>  Additional Information 4: f5c2d37efd7b53662faf6c4e3192fb65
>
> Read our privacy statement:
>  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
>

> This problem persists even after updating the version from
> 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Jeff
1/13/2011 7:12:58 PM
Jeff,

I upgraded to version 9.0.2 build 3951 and i'm still
observing it. So far for the last two days I haven't seen it
crash. Hope it solves the problem

Thanks alot

Regards
Eric

Eric,

> I had an ASA6 database that I had started having issues
> with.  It started  crashing when we would validate the
> database.
>
> Have you been able to determine what exactly causes the
> database to crash?  I've got a database that is currently
> in ASA 9.0.2 Build 3924.  Not having  any issues with it.
>
> Any info might help out in diagnosing the issue.
>
> HTH.
>
> Jeff Gibson
> Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
> Nashville, TN
>
> <Eric> wrote in message
> > news:4d2d82ae.35af.1681692777@sybase.com... Problem
> >  signature: Problem Event Name: BEX
> >  Application Name: dbsrv9.exe
> >  Application Version: 9.0.2.3508
> >  Application Timestamp: 468e5941
> >  Fault Module Name: StackHash_e848
> >  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> >  Exception Offset: 384c0df0
> >  Exception Code: c0000005
> >  Exception Data: 00000008
> >  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
> >  Locale ID: 1033
> >  Additional Information 1: e848
> >  Additional Information 2:
> >  ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d Additional Information
> >  3: 01b7 Additional Information 4:
> f5c2d37efd7b53662faf6c4e3192fb65 >
> > Read our privacy statement:
> >
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
> > >
> > This problem persists even after updating the version
> > from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
Eric
1/14/2011 8:34:48 AM
Hi.

I'm surprised the database still quits even after upgrading
to version 9.0.2 build 3951.

What could be the problem

Regards

Eric

> Jeff,
>
> I upgraded to version 9.0.2 build 3951 and i'm still
> observing it. So far for the last two days I haven't seen
> it crash. Hope it solves the problem
>
> Thanks alot
>
> Regards
> Eric
>

> Eric,
> >
> > I had an ASA6 database that I had started having issues
> > with.  It started  crashing when we would validate the
> > database.
> >
> > Have you been able to determine what exactly causes the
> > database to crash?  I've got a database that is
> > currently in ASA 9.0.2 Build 3924.  Not having  any
> issues with it. >
> > Any info might help out in diagnosing the issue.
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> > Jeff Gibson
> > Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
> > Nashville, TN
> >
> > <Eric> wrote in message
> > > news:4d2d82ae.35af.1681692777@sybase.com... Problem
> > >  signature: Problem Event Name: BEX
> > >  Application Name: dbsrv9.exe
> > >  Application Version: 9.0.2.3508
> > >  Application Timestamp: 468e5941
> > >  Fault Module Name: StackHash_e848
> > >  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > >  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > >  Exception Offset: 384c0df0
> > >  Exception Code: c0000005
> > >  Exception Data: 00000008
> > >  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
> > >  Locale ID: 1033
> > >  Additional Information 1: e848
> > >  Additional Information 2:
> > >  ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d Additional
> > >  Information 3: 01b7 Additional Information 4:
> > f5c2d37efd7b53662faf6c4e3192fb65 >
> > > Read our privacy statement:
> > >

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
> > > version from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

0
Eric

Database quits with the following message in windows 2008 server
I Have encountered this problem several times with my ASA VERSION 9 DATABASE. Please assist. Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: dbsrv9.exe Application Version: 9.0.1.1751 Application Timestamp: 40159dd7 Fault Module Name: StackHash_e848 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 6c691358 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: e848 Additional Information 2: ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d Additional Information 3: 2d3c ...

Database quits with the following message in windows 2008 server #2
Please assist. Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: dbsrv9.exe Application Version: 9.0.1.1751 Application Timestamp: 40159dd7 Fault Module Name: StackHash_e848 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 6c691358 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: e848 Additional Information 2: ce28f2184fc2e34652fae932ad796e4d Additional Information 3: 2d3c Additional Information 4: 5924bfe7ebc60209c6e203d6fea919ad Read our priva...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

after deleting message, following message opens by itself
I'll try to describe the scenario. (in email folders - not news folders) Folder pane open; tree pane open - the one that lists the messages; and message display pane is blank. I right click on a message and select "delete." The message is gone but the following message is now displayed in the pane without being selected. I don't like this. In Mozilla I could delete message after message with right click and delete and no message would display until I left clicked on it. I'm guessing that this is "just one of those things" that Thunderbird do...

I need the .net equivalent classes for database providers of the following or documentation for iAnywhere.VSIntegration.SQLAnywhere namespace.
iAnywhere.VSIntegration.SQLAnywhere.ConnectionStringEditorControl I am working on Guidance Automation Toolkit. I need to integrate sql anywhere as the argument type while setting the connection properties. any help. specifically i am trying to match the following code from teched sample for Oracle to SQL Anywhere. thanks in advance, vsv DataConnectionDialog dlg = new DataConnectionDialog(); DataSource source; DataProvider dataprovider; source = new DataSource("oracle", resmgr.GetString("DataSource_Oracle")); dataprovider = new DataProvi...

Extracted database not applying messages of consolidated database
Hi All, I have a replication problem. I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 version 7.02.1588 and dbremote replication. After extraction of remote database the replication works only one way from remote database to consolidated one. The messages from consolidated database are staying in a folder and not applying against remote database by dbremote. It looks like dbremote doesn't see consolidated messages at all. Do you have any ideas how to fix that ? Thanks, Alex. What does the dbremote output window report on the remote when it fails to apply the messages? ...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

BACKUP DATABASE statement and Database Error Messages
Hi, In Interactive SQL statement BACKUP DATABASE DIRECTORY 'X:\\TEMP\\BACKUP'; select sqlstate; returns '08W46' (OK) How can I get Database Error Message in a procedure if an error occurrs during a BACKUP statement ? begin message 'Start Backup'; BACKUP DATABASE DIRECTORY 'X:\\TEMP\\BACKUP'; message sqlstate; message 'End Backup'; end This procedure writes only 'Start Backup' if an error occurrs during a BACKUP. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you. Veselin Ivanov www.sonita.com ...

ERROR MESSAGE: The database filename can not contain the following 3 characters: [ (open square brace), ] (close square brace) and ' (single quote)
Hi, I am new to ASP.NET and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, which I run on Windows Vista. I am currently going through some of the tutorial videos on http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/ . I encountered an error in Lesson 04 and I would have ignored it but it keeps haunting me and now I cannot proceed with the lesson 09 all because of the same error. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me resolve this because it. General error text The database filename can not contain the following 3 characters: [ (open square brace), ] (close square brace) and ' (single quote...

Does message filters still only apply to new messages?
I thought the function maybe has been improved. :( -- Regards, Lu Wei PGP key ID: 0x92CCE1EA On 03.04.2012 13:34 UK Time, Lu Wei wrote: > I thought the function maybe has been improved. :( Not sure what you mean. How is Thunderbird supposed to know which of your folders containing existing messages it should apply your filters to? Are you aware that you can run filters manually? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On 12-04-03 8:34 AM, Lu Wei wrote: > I thought the function maybe has been improved. :( What if you select a newsgroup, then use Tools--&g...

Any solution for error message "Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'."?
Hello, I'm trying to connect to Database.mdf from an asp.net file and I get the following error message:    Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' The connection string I use is:    Provider=SQLNCLI;Server=localhost\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=App_Data\Database.mdf;Database=Database;Trusted_Connection=Yes Thanks!!!Ornit Hi, that's because your account doesn't have enough priviledge on the database server.Use Sqlserver management studio to add the necesso...

Urgent - Database not loading
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BCEE43.4C382A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a SQLA database which refuses to be loaded with a message 'not a valid database file' . The db contains about 500M of data since last backup. [The dbtran on the log yields 2.5G which dies halfway thru on applying to the last backup]. If anyone has seen/resolved this problem, please reply. I've tried -f, -f -O, -a and other alphabetical combinations of listed switches. Also none of t...

Remove SQLAnywhere messages from /var/log/messages file
We are using Linux version of SA 10(EBF 3805) and ASA 9 (EBF 3397) . Some of our customers asking us how to stop sending SQLAnywhere messages to system file - /var/log/messages. In Documentain I didn't find if it is possible to do. Can anyone help us with thid customers quiestion. Thanks in advance Hanan Brener Hi Hanan, You can use the command line switch '-s none' to suppress syslog output. Ray Hanan Brener wrote: > We are using Linux version of SA 10(EBF 3805) and ASA 9 (EBF 3397) . > Some of our customers asking us how to stop sending SQLAnywhere >...

message database
I'm trying to figure out what message databases 4 users belong to. Is the only way to find out to perform a gwcheck? thanks Zaida Zaida, http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10017863.html Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. Uwe, thanks. since I don't know their passwords I can't check their sent items. Is there another way or maybe I can find the info in a log file? If not what gwcheck will give me the info? thanks Zaida Zaida, > > htt...

Web resources about - Database still quits with the message as follows - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.