ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error

My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was
changed.  At the time I was connected to the database but once the change
was made I lost connection to the server.  I recycled my machine and
attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the
sybase directory on my PC.  I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also
using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not
successful. The error message I receive follows:

Client Message:  Layer  5, Origin  3, Severity  5, Number  4
ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed

It is strange now none of the other developers can not access the database
server with the exception of one person.  This developer created the new
sql.ini file after the problem started but can access the server.

Xdeveloper

0
xdeveloper

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is available > > The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: > Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris > 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 > The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 I haven't seen this error myself, but the "protocol class" part suggests to me that either there is something wrong with the TLI encoded string in the interfaces file or there is a problem with one of the library files. -am ...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed>. Severity is <5>. Osstring is <>> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <ct_send failed for statement select 1> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <executeStmt() threw an eaException: > :Extra Args: <eaException(../code/eaDBSybStatementImp.cpp:634) ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed errno=0 addl error cd=7 error cd2=0 MsgId=WHATEVER> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083973> Message is <ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed>. Severity is <5>. Osstri...

[...]

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet size max network packet size What is your client setting for the packet size? What version is the server? System 10.what? What version of open client? If you are still on System 10 then upgrading to at least 11.5.1.1 (better yet 11.9.2 or 12.0) may fix the problem according to case 10483568. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL Try increasing the retry_attempts and delay_interval parameters in the interfaces file. Make sure the IP address or hos...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

ct_connect(),internal net library error
I have a problem using ASP/SYBASE .... Server : NT4.0 , Sybase Adaptive Server Ent. 11.9 Web Server : IIS 4.0 Dev. Tool : ASP, ODBC Error Messege is ... <---- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect -----> In article <xUWH8#wC$GA.284@forums.sybase.com>, uy@sa3000.com says... > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' > >...

SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net
--------------4C53A628510F6740E172655D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! Sybase Database Server version is 11.0.3.2 EBF ROLLUP 7569 Sybase Open Client version is 11.1.1 EBF On HP-UX 10.20 I am running into a random problem when running a lot of batch jobs to populate Sybase tables using a shell script. My jobs randomly and only sometimes will fail with: SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disc...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

internal net library error
I am uploading bulk of data to sybase adaptiver server using BCP utility. Some times, I am getting failures while BCPing. I get this error message on dos command prompt - "ct_send passthru(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: There is a tds state machine error. An illegal tds token sequence was received. bcp copy in partially failed SYBASE BCP". This error occurs after millions (may be all) the records are copied.I am BCPing one row at a time (!), b'cas if I upload more rows (i.e. 100000) at a time then this error gets frequent. Although, BCP u...

ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error
I'm getting this error message on a Solaris 8 environment: ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found. What do I need to do to troubleshoot this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. The "Requested server name not found" message means that the server you are trying to connect to is not found in the interfaces file. You should use dscp to define it. Mark Kusma <gwerner> wrote in message news:3f5e1f13.5405.846930886@sybase.com... > I'm getting this error message on a Solar...

network packet layer error
I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? mflower wrote... > I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal > net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write > data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? > It could be that your interfaces file is not set up properly. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

network packet layer error
I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application (solaris) talk to another (dec unix). I get the following error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Kathy Holland kholland1@home.com ...

Network packet layer error
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

Network Packet Layer Error
When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 application I receive the following error: DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect (6) This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST 1998. I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform. Thank You Phil Rogers Phil, The error is coming from the netlib layer of OpenClient, indicating the client became disconnected for some reason. If this only happens going against one ASE server but not others it is not an odbc problem. Check the ASE server error log for more info and verify that other clients are not having network problems when connecting to that ASE server. Steve Healey Sybase TS "R. Philip Rogers" wrote: > When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 > application I receive the following error: > > DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): > network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation > terminated due to disconnect (6) > > This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server > Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST > 1998. I am not able to...

internal net library error
Hi there, I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20. Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get the following error message : Open Client Message: Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131) Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Attempt to load protocol driver failed Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ? Thanks in advance for any advice. Christian Hi! What version of open client are you using? Karen Christian_G...

General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer...The system specific error code is -6993
Mobilink 8.0.0.2213 ASA 8.0.0.2213 Some of our Mobilink clients were intermittently getting failures which showed at the consolidated as - "General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer. The operation would cause blocking. The system specific error code is -6993(...)" - which we were brushing off as 'comms problems', as this was the only advice we could find. Two clients now *persistently* get this error, so it's time to delve. Can anyone shed light? Looking at the debug messages at the consolidated end, it appears as though the upl...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

Web resources about - ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general