Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet

We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this
forum but can't find now.

When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their
connect to AOL dialog.  They can cancel out and everything works.  I
remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I
don't remember the recommended solution.

Thanks for you help,

James Clanton

0
James

>When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their
>connect to AOL dialog.  They can cancel out and everything works.  I
>remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I
>don't remember the recommended solution.

AOL probably installed a custom wsock32.dll.  You'll need to get a standard one somewhere.  And send
a letter of complaint to AOL!

Leo Tohill - Team Sybase
>> Please post in newsgroup, not via email <<
0
leotohill
3/15/2000 4:28:12 AM
If the new WinSock driver doesn't prove to be the
problem check this registry key:

hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Hardware
Profiles\Current\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersi
on\Internet Settings\EnableAutodial

It controls the AutoDial setting.

--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

Slow internet connection / no internet connection
Recently I have started seeing a strange behavior with my notebook which runs opensuse 12.1 The internet became extremely slow, though it seemed to have an IP Address etc obtained through DHCP. The internet was fine before that I have not made any major changes like OS installation etc. The internet seemed to be fine when accessed from the Windows boot. At work there was no internet connection at all. I saw a few posts about ipv6, etc. However the internet was working fine earlier on. This led me to compare the processes running on the notebook with those on my desktop where the i...

not connected when I am connected

No Internet connection for connected Networkmanager
Hi Recently I am unable to connect to the internet with my laptop running an uptodat version of OpenSuse 11.3. As usual the knetworkmanager connects automatically to the known and appropriate network, either ethernet, wlan or GSM stick. When connected, I am not able to access the internet. For example, chromium would keep sending requests, skype does not connect etc. I can ping a public IP Code: -------------------- ping 4.2.2.1 -c5 -------------------- but not a public site Code: -------------------- ping google.com -c5 ping: unknown host google.com ------...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Cannot connect to localhost/DotNetNuke while connected to internet
Hi all, I've searched the archives and I am sure that someone has had this same problem previously but I cannot find a solution. Sorry if this has already been posted. I am new to DotNetNuke, downloaded the code, installed and switched the database to SQL Server. Everything works fine as long as I am not connected to my wireless router which connects me to my ISP. As soon as I connect to my wireless I am unable to get to my localhost/DotNetNuke web portal. Do I need to specify a different port when I connect to my localhost other than the default one of 80? Or how can I resolve this ...

aol connection drops of the internet connection
Name: Bruce Email: brucewebsdaleataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: aol connection drops of the internet connection Comments: as above every time I go to aol and try to log into my emails the internet crashes Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; yie8) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you ...

NetworkManager Connected but no internet connection etc
Laptop is connected to wireless router and surfing without problem. Out of curiosity, I plugged the laptop to the wireless router using an ethernet cable. NetworkManager detected the wired connection without problem. Unplugged the ethernet cable and the wireless connection is reported as connected. However, I am not connected to the internet. After several reboot, and fiddling with Yast, NetworkManager always shows the it is connected to the wireless router but yet firefox gets no internet connection. Q1. Anyone come across this behaviour and able to share the experience in case...

OpenSuSe 11.3
Hello, I have tried to configure a wireless modem card installation in OpenSuSe 11.3. Since I did not have an Internet connection, YaST could not connect to the Internet to collect some information. However, when I switch to Windows XP, I could easily configure my wireless modem and launch internet with it. The real problem here is that the wired connection does not work in OpenSuSe 11.3. It does, however, in Windows XP. I searched in the forum a bit, and found an OpenDNS like 208.67.222.222 and try pinging it, but it refused immediately. It only answers positively to my static ...

PPPoE Internet connected, But YAST cannot connect
Hi I have PPPoE Internet connction. I have setup RP-PPPOE as Dialer on Opensuse 11.1 I can connect my Internet connection and can surf net via Firefox, but no other application can connect to net. Pidgin, Filezilla, Yast to install anything, System Update Manager and all other application cannot connect to net. Only Firefox works. I have also tested Firefox Network settings and it's on *No Proxy* Please help me how to setup this. I cannot install anything. Thanks -- bimaljr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ One mo...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

XP network connections 1394 connection connected! huh?
Hi, XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. There is no device plugged into my firewire port. Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? Maybe I just never noticed before.. While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say: > Hi, > XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. > There is no device plugged into my firewire port. > Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? > > Maybe I just never noticed before.. Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I...

Web resources about - Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles