Connect to Other ODBC Database

Hi

Is it possible to connect to an ODBC database other than a Sybase one from
within a stored procedure ?

The goal here is to be able to copy data from one database (In this case a
foxpro db into a Sybase database without the need to export and import
data).

If so, is there any documentation on this topic with connection syntaxes
etc?

Verison of Sybase 6.0.03

Thanks in Advance

0
Tim

yes, its possible. Read the Chapter 28 of the ASA User's Manual - Accessing
Remote Data.

Cheers,

Hartmut Branz
Sybase Product Support Engineering
Adaptive Server Anywhere

Tim Buric wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to connect to an ODBC database other than a Sybase one from
> within a stored procedure ?
>
> The goal here is to be able to copy data from one database (In this case a
> foxpro db into a Sybase database without the need to export and import
> data).
>
> If so, is there any documentation on this topic with connection syntaxes
> etc?
>
> Verison of Sybase 6.0.03
>
> Thanks in Advance

Hartmut

ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database
We have an application that connects to a SQLANYWHERE database on a remote server. When we used an older version of ODBC (version 3.0.28.22 ?) we could connect to the database. When we upgraded ODBC (3.50.36.9 because of a different project) we found that we could no longer connect to the database. It prompts you to log in to the sql and won't connect to the already running database. We are using powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and SQLANYWHERE 5.5.02. The database is running and the only difference is the ODBC. Does anyone know the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

ODBC database connection
I've not done any programming for years, last time was ASP and now I see there is this thing called ASP.NET !!! bassically i can't find code anywhere to create an ODBC connection, can someone tell me how. I have however found the below code to connect to a file database, i have tried guessing what it might be, but just get errors.  <script runat="server">sub Page_Load   dim dbconn   dbconn=New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;   data source=" & server.mappath("northwind.mdb")) ...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Help On SQLAnywhere Database Connection
Hi there, We have a application written in PB 5.0 with SqlAnywhere database. After we compiled the application to 32 bit we got trouble with the database connection. The error code is 999. The message is 'The allocation of the enviornment handle failed.' If you have any solution please contact me. My email is charles.wang@gov.ab.ca. Thank you in advance! Charles Please don't cross-post. Your question has nothing to do with the Mobilink product. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : htt...

Problem in connecting DataBase through ODBC
Hii, I am using DBase database throught Odbc in ASP.NET. But it gives following error                                                                                     &n...

Help On SQLAnywhere Database Connection
Hi There, We have application written in PB5.0 with Sybase SqlAnywhere database. After we compiled ot to 32 bit we got trouble with the database connection. The error code is 999. The message is 'The allocation of envirnment handle failed.' If you have a solution please contact me at charles.wang@gov.ab.ca or post a message on the newsgroup. Thanks Charles Now that you are using a 32 bit application you need to make sure you are using a 32 bit connection. Make sure you aren't trying to use dbclienw.exe. You need dbclient.exe. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

SqlAnywhere Database connection Problem
Using both, ASA 8.0 and 9.0 but unble to connect to the database (either of this version). From the ODBC connection page my user getting error mesasage as follows:- [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Unable to start specified database: I/O error Error code=-82 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=dba Password=*** (n.b. Password is sql) DBF=C:\SIZING\CVCALC\CVCALC.DB Please help me to find a solution. From where Can I Download ASA 8.0 or 9.0 Driver for ODBC, if it is a driver issue? This is not a driver issue. There is a problem with the database f...

Connect to external ODBC Database
Is it possible within a procedure to connect to an external ODBC compliant database ? The goal is to be able transfer data from one db to our Sybase db without the use of external report writers or the use of export and import scripts. If so, what would the connection syntax look like within the procedure. SQL Anywhere 6.03 Thanks in advance Tim Buric You should be able to do this with ASA's "Remote Data Access" feature. See ASA User's Guide, Part 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use, Chapter 28. Accessing Remote Data. Basically you set up a...

database connection by ODBC/OLEDB
Can I use ODBC or OLEDB to connect to database ? We use mysql, oracle, informix as well as SQL Server. I've read quite a lot posts from this forums but can't find any. Thanks for help! Database connections can be achieved through ODBC to mysql or informix.  Below is an article with provides how to connect to mysql using ODBC. Accessing MySql Database using ADO .Net by Mahesh Chand http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Code/Jun2003/2097.asp For connectivity to IBM Informix you'll need a .Net data provider.  Below is documentation on what is requi...

Database connection (ODBC) not closing?
I have the following code to create a record into 2 tables in my SQL database. The 2 tables are WorkRequest where WRID is the KEY/Unique Identifier and File_details where FileID is the KEY/Unique Identifier but has WRID as a KEY for linking to the Work Request table. When I run this code, it will create the records with no problem. However, when I try to update the table in MS Access manually I get a WRITE CONFLICT error. It is acting like the database connection to that record is still open. However, I can update it with an UPDATE QUERY with no problems. I have tried rearrangi...

ODBC connection to Access Database
We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to connect to an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7. The connection to SQL 7 works fine. Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to connect to the Access DB I get an error message that the connection does not exist. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to enable me to connect, or anything else that I can do to fix this issue. Thanks Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time, or just at runtime? If just at runtime, you could look at the design time settings and copy them over to ensur...

Web resources about - Connect to Other ODBC Database - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...