CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal

CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or System.Decimal

the documentation says System.string
while it is mapped to DbType.decimal
I need some understanding on this.
any help
thanks
vsv

0
vsv

What is the difference between System.Single, System.Double, and System.Decimal datatypes?
Hi,Anybody know the differences between these datatypes? what should i use for multiplication and division of decimal numbers?thanks! The difference between Single and Double is how large of a number they can hold.A variable defined as Single can hold a number as large as 3.402823e38.  Such a variable consumes 32 bits of system memory.A variable defined as Double can hold a number as large as 1.79769313486232e308.  Such a variable consumes 64 bits of system memory.A Decimal consumes 96 bits of system memory and is best when you need an unusually large number of decimal places to ...

What is the difference between System.Single, System.Double, and System.Decimal datatypes? #2
Which of the datatypes should I use for regular decimal multiplication and division??? I don't understand the differences between the datatypes.Does anyone know the difference? Thanks!! Here is a good comparison. This should help you out:http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=dotnet&seqNum=119&rl=1All I know is that I don't know nothin!ApplicationDeveloper The link just tells you the differences but those data types System.Double and System.Single are seldom used for multiplication and division because you can use Decimal data type where you can set precision and s...

Decimal in String to Decimal Number Conversion
I think I'm out of luck after visting DejaNews (hints but no definitive answer), but figured you all are worth a try... :) My PB program imports a text file containing decimal numbers in the format ####.## (e.g., 1234.56), and then converts them to a number to put into a numeric datawindow column. Problem is that if regional settings are set to use the comma as decimal separator and period as thousands separator, then the resulting number from Real(ls_number) is 123456 rather than 1234.56. This is a big problem. The only solution I have so far is to remove the decimal form th...

inserting a decimal number from.net to stored proc. with decimal parameter
I'm trying to enter large number 99999999, (8 digits) converting to decimal in .NET, then using that as a parameter in stored proc. which has a decimal type (decimal(15,2) as a parameter. C#:if (txtAnnualizedSaving.Text.Trim() != string.Empty) {try { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = Convert.ToDecimal(txtAnnualizedSaving.Text); // only for testing ....scale = (System.Decimal.GetBits(sdata.AnnualizedSaving)[3] >> 16) & 31; }catch { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = 0; } }   ... In the business object I have the following code:private bool UpdateData() {bool ret = false; try ...

Decimal Datatype
 How can i use decimal datatype for the following validation while creating table:i want user to insert upto 3 digits before "." and  2 digits after "."for example it should allow 123.23but should not allow 1234.345 . Please suggest.... DECIMAL(3, 2)  Whem i use decimal(3,2) its showing the following errorMsg 8115, Level 16, State 8, Line 1Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric.The statement has been terminated.  how about -     numeric(3,2)  how about using mid function mid(text1.t...

decimal datatype
Hello , I am using powerbuilder 7.0 with oracle 8I I have my datatype in oracle as number 21,3 The problem is as soon as my itemchaged event fires its chages the value inputted to exponentation . Also as soon as i convert it into string it turns into expoentation is the value to large to convert it into string will i have to use asn external dw please let me know a way out Thanks Nimmay Decimal only has 18 digits of precision. Sounds like PB is using Double to at least store the magnitude, but that cuts you down to 15 digits. Does that column really have to be that big? ...

Decimal to String
I have a decimal column (9,3) that I want to convert to a right-justified string without the decimal. For instance, I would like to convert 1.256 to "000000001256", or 15.5 to "000000015500". I'd like to be able to do this within a Select Statement (for a view). Does anyone have an idea? -Dave David Gerdner wrote: > > I have a decimal column (9,3) that I want to convert to a right-justified > string without the decimal. For instance, I would like to convert 1.256 to > "000000001256", or 15.5 to "000000015500". I'd like to be able to do this > within a Select Statement (for a view). Does anyone have an idea? > > -Dave SELECT RIGHT(REPEAT('0',12) || CAST(CAST(MyColumn * 100 AS integer) AS char(12)),12) FROM dba.MyTable Kathleen, I like that approach! One word of caution, though... I've learned to stay away from the Repeat() function if I can avoid it at all. Performance can really suck, and just for grins, try sending a negative number as the repeat argument... (have a backup handy first!) If you know you need a fixed number of characters, just make it a onstant - '000000000000'. Paul Horan VCI Springfield, MA Kathleen Beaumont <kathbeau@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:380624BF.E32@earthlink.net... > David Gerdner wrote: > > > > I have a decimal column (9,3) that I want to convert to a right-justified...

Decimal , string ....
Dear all, I am reading a file with amounts , fixed format 0001321311145 4564646431231 1113123131311 i have to read the values (no problem) and then convert them to a decimal variable with 2 decimals behind the comma. so 13213111,45 45646464312,31 11131231313,11 I am not sure how to convert the string value (13 long) to a dec(11,2) TIA John Dec(stringvar)/100 -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel +44 (0)1904 481999 Fax +44 (0)1904 481666 Visit us at www.getrealsystems.com Procurement Control S...

String to decimal
This must have been asked a thousand times but I cannot find the answer. I have a string that I need as a decimal. It goes into a bunch of decimal place precision that caused rounding errors over the course of adding thousands of these numbers together. sting ls_number decimal ld_number ls_number = "42,508.26" ld_number = real( ls_number ) // ld_number is now 42508.2617185 How do I avoid this? Presuming this value is always 2 fixed decimal points, declare as decimal{2} ld_number Or use ld_number = Dec(ls_number) You're jumping between fixed...

String To Decimal
Hi, How can I convert from string (Text Box)  to Decimal (addition some entries then get result) Thanks, http://tinyurl.com/aqpgm To Decimal method. Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group Please can u write thz method   sorry for disturbing cavalry wrote: Please can u write thz method Scroll down just a little bit on that link above and therz the method in both VB and C#"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" Hi again, i see the like but Access to the req...

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +2;   if(index1<TextBox1.Text.Length-1 && index2<TextBox1.Text.Length-1) {      Here you can write your logic to check if TextBox1.Text[index1] and TextBox1.Text[index2] are integers }   }  Please mark as answer if you find my post helpful. These may helps http://forums.asp.net/p/1254166/2326453.aspx#2326453http://forums.asp.net/p/1230432/2219248.aspx#2219248 Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET use regular expression validator and in the validation expression specify this: (^\d*\.\d{2}$)Thanks,Ragha HI, I think you should use the Regular expression for you problem. Please see a working example below. Run the example in asp.net and see the results.  <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Convert a string amount to a float with 2 decimal places in asp.net using c#?
Hi, I have an input amount text box and want to convert this string amount say "12345" or "12345.00" to a float amount 12345.00. Any suggestion in asp.net using c#?   use Decimal.TryParse http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9zbda557.aspxMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi joeLA, Please try to do this: decimal number; Decimal.TryParse("5.226", out number); Response.Write(Decimal.Round(number,2)); Gary yang - MSFTMi...

Formatting a decimal to 2 decimal places
Hi - just testing some code, and the code below returns a number with 3 decimal places (eg. 450.000). Will returning a decimal always give 3 decimal places, and if so, how can I remove the last one? I don't want to use: Return String.Format("{0:C}", decRunningTotal) - as that will automatically add a $ or £ or whatever to the start, and I'd like to control that. I'd really appreciate any help, thanks, Mark Function GetItemTotal() As String objDT = Session("Cart") Dim intCounter As Integer Dim decRunningTotal As Deci...

decimal to varchar loosign decimal places
i convert 45.7895 using code below  CONVERT(varchar(10), TaxRate, 4) + '%' and the output is45.78%why the hell its cutting the 95 from the end? http://www.EasyStoreCreator.com/Everything your business needs to build an online store.------------------------------First Click DALhttp://asifashraf.com/FirstClickDal.asp------------------------------ASP.NET 3.5/sql server/svn hostinghttp://asifashraf.com/Aspnet3_5Hosting.asp Don't know for sure, but maybe it's because of the ,4.  Try ,10 as a test.C# <---> VB.Net Translator  Without knowing the datatyp...

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."  Hi,I have the exact same problem.  Can you please tell me how you were able to clear out the GAC and update it with the latest DLL?  Just like you everything works on my PC but when it gets published to servers i get that same error.Thanks,Kam   just copy the following DLL's from C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025  and paste it in folder c:\windows\assembly on server System.Web.Extensions System.Web.Extensions.Design  Hope it solves your problem, if not let me know    My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Hi, Yup that fixed it perfectly.  Thanks so much for the quick and accurate reply. Kam...

decimal datatype problem
I have the following code in my app (PB 9.0.1.7119 & ASE 11.0.3): decimal out //at the moment: dw_1.GetItemNumber(1, "field_1") is equal to 17,17 out = dw_1.GetItemNumber(1, "field_1") //after assignment out = 17,17000000000000256 What cases that situation? I happens very seldom. Do I have to round the value like the following: out = Round(dw_1.GetItemNumber(1, "field_1"), 2) BTW: field_1 is numeric(12,2) use this: decimal{2} c.burns "Piotr Nadolny" <pnad@o2.pl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4063e9db@forums-2-dub...

decimals
Hi, how to get exact  decimal value    in asp.net  example   i am giving as pice   326.50 but  it changes 327 i want to display only  326.50  not 327 please send some sample examplesRegards,Kannandesikan i think u r assiging 326.50 to an "integer" type veriable or your field type is integer in ur database What data type are you using to store the value 326.50?Because if you are using a DECIMAL data type it would store it as 326.5 and would not truncate the decimal. It sounds like you are using a INTEGER t...

Convert string to decimal
I have strings like this: 0.8933 - 0.7733 - 1.2234I notice that the ones that are 0.xxx and near to 1, they are round up to 1.0000 when I convert the strings to decimal.I need them to remain the same value as decimal to insert them in the db.How can I achieve it and avoid rounding?Many thanks. Use decimal.Parse. Look at the following example page: aspx: <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID='txtNumber'></asp:TextBox><asp:Button runat="server" ID='btnExecute' Text='execute'          &nb...

Decimals
I am currently making a quote system that accepts user details and returns a price in pounds. The price is rounded to two decimal places using:System.Math.Round(theNumber, 2)But for numbers divisible by 10, the returned result only displays one decimal place.i.e. Three pounds and twenty pence is displayed as:£3.2     rather than     £3.20Can anyone offer any help as to how I can force the result to always display two decimals?Any help would be most appreciated. Try this.... String.Format("{0:n}", System.Math.Round(theNumber, 2)) Excellent, just wh...

System.String CanonicalizePath(System.String, Boolean)
Please help me with this. I have the following code in my ASP C# application. In my development environment I receive no errors, yet in my Project Sponsor's server environment, they receive the message -- which I built in an unhandled exceptions routine -- "An unhandled exception has occured: MESSAGE: The given Path's format is not supported. Source: mscorlib FORM: QUERYSTRING PCID=(106%2c149) TARGETSITE: System.String CanonicalizePath(System.String, Boolean)" Solved the problem in eliminating () statement in query string   looks to me like someone is running...

Convert decimal to string
I need to put a decimal field into a message box. I converted it to string, and it shows about 10 decimal places. I only want the user to see 2 decimal places to the right of the decimal. Connie Phillips phillips.connie@bsc.bls.com use mid to find the decimal then left() to chop off > 2 places beyond it.. ..02 Connie Phillips wrote in message <3485C370.4886@bsc.bellsouth.net>... >I need to put a decimal field into a message box. I converted it to >string, and it shows about 10 decimal places. I only want the user to >see 2 decimal places to the right of the decimal. > >Connie Phillips >phillips.connie@bsc.bls.com On Wed, 03 Dec 1997 15:39:12 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Connie Phillips <phillips.connie@bsc.bellsouth.net> wrote: >I need to put a decimal field into a message box. I converted it to >string, and it shows about 10 decimal places. I only want the user to >see 2 decimal places to the right of the decimal. Connie, You can use the second optional argument to specify the number of decimal places: String(10.9999999,"#,##0.00") HTH, -- Boris Gasin [TeamPS] mailto:bgasin@advent2000.com Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

Decimal DataType Question
What would I have to set the Decimal DataType's precision value to to accept: 5.5 0 1.5 3.5 etc...etc...? Matt BrownMetalReview.com - Metal music community and reviewsHaulix - Easy promotional media distribution for the music industry How large will the largest number be? Is there always at most a single decimal? decimal(9,1) would work if you never have more than a single decimal palce. This would take up 5 bytes of storage, and nothing smaller would save you any space, so I would certainly leave it at that even if the number of digits to the left of the decimal (whol...

Problem with decimal datatype!
Can someone help me? I'm trying to write some stored procedures using sql anywhere. I've declared one of the columns in one of my tables to be of type DECIMAL(3,1). However, when I insert a number like11.3, I just keep getting error messages ( "value 11.3 out of range for destination" ). I've tried using other datatypes, and have checked the online help, but with no luck. I keep getting the same error message. Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this message? Thanks, Mike Can you provide some DDL that I can use to reproduce this? -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX What is DDL. Jim Egan wrote: > Can you provide some DDL that I can use to reproduce this? > -- > Jim Egan [TeamSybase] > Houston, TX Mike R. wrote: > > What is DDL. Data Definition Language. Jim wants to see the underlying table structure. Perhaps you could post the CREATE TABLE statement, as well as any constraints you have added (primary/foreign keys, unique indexes, CHECK constraints, etc.). It would probably help if you could post a SMALL stored procedure that generates the error, too. Kathleen > > Jim Egan wrote: > > > Can you provide some DDL that I can use to reproduce this? > > -- > > Jim Egan [TeamSybase] > > Houston, TX This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------6FF175E103BCD760725ED098 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Web resources about - CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Datatype generic programming in Scala
... level fixpoints and how it can be used to define generic abstractions like catamorphism and anamorphism . These are used extensively in datatype ...

Sabbatical week day 3: Raining datatypes
... 2: I fail at Octave (swizec.com) Learning me a Haskell (swizec.com) Non-Sabbatical (ringingtrue.net) How to insert a file to an Image datatype ...

Integer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) are formed by the natural numbers (including 0) ( 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , ...) together with the negatives of the non-zero natural numbers ( −1 , −2, ...

CHARITY - Home Page
Charity is a categorical programming language currently beingdeveloped by The Charity Development Group in The Department of Computer Science ...

Adobe Director 11.5: Upgrade details
Accessibility Adobe Products Acrobat Creative Cloud Creative Suite Digital Marketing Suite Digital Publishing Suite Elements Photoshop Touch ...

Anzo Express - Cambridge Semantics
Semantic collaboration platform providing secure data integration, collaboration, and reporting in Microsoft Excel and on the Web.

Betting the Company on Windows 8
... and create something far less expensive than a PC which is powerful enough for Web browsing. This new platform would optimize for the datatypes ...

Q&A: SQL Date format for credit card - TechRepublic
Hi There, I am very new to MySQL and am creating a database for online payments etc. What datatype do I need to use for the credit card expiry ...

Data types - DBMS 2 : DataBase Management System Services
Analysis of data management technology optimized for specific datatypes, such as text, geospatial, object, RDF, or XML. Related subjects include: ...

Functional Programming with Python – Part 1
... instances wherein any modifications to the string result in a new String instance being created. Imagine the same happening to all the datatypes ...