Auto Changing of '\\' to '\'

I am executing the following commands against an Adaptive Server 7 database
(I have tried in both PowerBuilder and ISQL):

UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" =
'\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE
"packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;

When I receive the results from the update command the document_name field
contains the value '\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing
List-Demo.doc' .  Note, that the '\\' has been changed to a '\'.

Any idea on how to stop the database from changing '\\' to '\' ?

Walter Bloch
Manager of Software Development
Peter Storer & Associates, Inc.
walter@storertv.com
262-241-9005

0
Walter

Walter,
Try using three backslashes.  The first one should drop off.

UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" =
'\\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE
"packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;

Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
VCI   www.twoplus.com
Springfield, MA

"Walter Bloch" <water@storertv.com> wrote in message
> I am executing the following commands against an Adaptive Server 7
database
> (I have tried in both PowerBuilder and ISQL):
>
> UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" =
> '\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE
> "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
> select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
>
> When I receive the results from the update command the document_name field
> contains the value '\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing
> List-Demo.doc' .  Note, that the '\\' has been changed to a '\'.
>
> Any idea on how to stop the database from changing '\\' to '\' ?
>
> Walter Bloch
> Manager of Software Development
> Peter Storer & Associates, Inc.
> walter@storertv.com
> 262-241-9005

0
Paul
7/6/2000 3:51:53 AM
That's a bit dangerous since there are other escape sequences that would give
unexpected results. For example, '\\\newstuff\bob' will be translated to
'\?newline>ewstuff\bob'.

If you want to avoid escape sequence translations, set the ESCAPE_CHARACTER
connection option to 'off'.

-john.

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Walter,
> Try using three backslashes.  The first one should drop off.
>
> UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" =
> '\\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE
> "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
> select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
>
> Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
> VCI   www.twoplus.com
> Springfield, MA
>
> "Walter Bloch" ?water@storertv.com? wrote in message
> ? I am executing the following commands against an Adaptive Server 7
> database
> ? (I have tried in both PowerBuilder and ISQL):
> ?
> ? UPDATE "dbo"."packet_items" SET "document_name" =
> ? '\\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing List-Demo.doc' WHERE
> ? "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
> ? select * from dbo.packet_items WHERE "packet_id" = 25 AND "item_id" = 1 ;
> ?
> ? When I receive the results from the update command the document_name field
> ? contains the value '\psa_1\appdoc\PACKETS\Packing Lists\Packing
> ? List-Demo.doc' .  Note, that the '\\' has been changed to a '\'.
> ?
> ? Any idea on how to stop the database from changing '\\' to '\' ?
> ?
> ? Walter Bloch
> ? Manager of Software Development
> ? Peter Storer ? Associates, Inc.
> ? walter@storertv.com
> ? 262-241-9005
> ?
> ?
> ?

0
John

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'To', 'CC', & 'BCC'
Name: Dick Tracy Email: philipdottracyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'To', 'CC', & 'BCC' Comments: I have just started using Thunderbird and while I find it quite excellent- I suggest having a button to add addressees to 'BCC' as well. Currently each 'BCC' addressee has to be selected manually. I send e-mail to quite a number of people at a time and I do not wish to readily spread others addresses easily. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0....

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

Changing 'Bug' to 'Issue'
Hi, I am using Bugzilla 2.22. I've changed the relevant parameters (in template/en/custom/global/variables.none.tmpl) to change all instances of 'bug' in bugzilla to 'issue'; but there is one mention of bug that hasn't changed and I can't find the relevant code to change it. It's the first option in the first drop down box of the Boolean Charts in the advanced search. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to correct it? Thanks ...

How to change 'Resolution' without changing 'Status'
Hi, I have a custom 'Resolution' defined like 'More_Info_Needed'. Any developer working on bug and needs more info on that bug, can change the 'Resolution' to 'More_Info_Needed'. But the problem is that these resolutions are tied to 'Status' field. How can I change the 'Resolution' without changing the 'Status'? Thanks, Lax Laxmikant wrote: > I have a custom 'Resolution' defined like 'More_Info_Needed'. Any developer > working on bug and needs more info on that bug, can change the 'Res...

Web resources about - Auto Changing of '\\' to '\' - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...