ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures

Hello!

I'm developing with Delphi 5 and access ASA7 with the
ADO express components. So far, so good.

Now I've got a weird problem calling stored procedures:
As long as I call stored procedures that only have
integer parameters everything is ok. But calling a
stored procedure that has a string parameter leads
me to a exception "unknown error".

Here's how I call my stored procedure:

with ADOCommand do begin
  Parameters[0].Value := iIntegerValue;
  Parameters[1].Value := sStringValue

  Execute;

  Result := Parameters[4].Value;
end;

If I use ODBC instead of ADO to connect to ASA7
this piece of code works perfect. Only ADO causes
trouble (again).

Any ideas?

Gruesse,
Matthias

0
Matthias

ASA7 ADO and Stored Procedures
Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7. Performance seems good so far. I am having a few problems. The ASA server is running on an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6. Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to go to adCmdText. This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the query does not need one? I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC. I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it from the client written in VB6 Small example of call to Sto...

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

ADO.net dataset with 2 datatable store it into 1 stored procedure
Hi, i have 1 dataset which have 2 dataTable contain; dataTable 1: FieldName : firstname lastname jobtitle company mobiletelephone contact_Id Value: Barns Happy Executive Unigi 32123 0 dataTable2: Fieldname :address street city zipcode country telephone fax contact_Id 44Dover Dover Sg 12345 Singapore 2331 12313 0 I m trying to put the whole dataset into 1 stored procedure here's my code Public Function update(ByVal ds As DataSet) As B...

Running stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a custom built users table for storing some values and I am also utilizing the aspnet_Users table. I want to delete a user from my users tables then execute the aspnet_Users_DeleteUser sproc and pass into the stored procedure the username of the user to delete because the DeleteUser method requires this. When I execute the command from within my asp.net web application I get the exception below. Both values are being obtained from the asp.net application and are represented in my DAL that is also below. Any thoughts as to why I am receiving this exception? Thanks. Procedure or functi...

Sqlanywhere Stored Procedures
--------------DA6BDD57292073C8536A1EC1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > Hello > We are having great difficulty obtaining results from stored procedures > from a sqlanywhere ver 5.5.01. The error we recieve on the fetch statment > is "CURSOR not Open". The procdure script is > > drop procedure insert_new_applicant_proc; > Create Procedure insert_new_applicant_proc > ( OUT reslt1 numeric) > begin > set reslt1 = 5; > > END ;; > > > The script in the SQLPreview event is a...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

Calling Stored Procedure fromanother Stored Procedure
Hi,I am getting error when I try to call a stored procedure from another. I would appreciate if someone could give some example.My first Stored Procedure has the following input output parameters:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.FixedCharges @InvoiceNo int,@InvoiceDate smalldatetime,@TotalOut decimal(8,2) outputAS .... I have tried using the following statement to call it from another stored procedure within the same SQLExpress database. It is giving me error near CALL.CALL FixedCharges (@InvoiceNo,@InvoiceDate,@TotalOut )Many thanks in advanceJames I believe you want to use 'EXEC' abad...

Stored procedures and ADO
When attempting to execute a stored procedure with parameters using ADO I get the error: Cannot modify implementation row descriptor. The odbc trace indicates this is happening in a SQLSetDescField call. This code worked using SQL Anywhere 5.x, but does not work in Adaptive Server Anywhere 6. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Chris Madden ...

Calling stored procedure from another stored procedure
Is it possible to call one sp from another sp?I've been hunting around for an example to do this and just can't seem to find one.Anyone have a link for this or a sample?Thanks all,Zath Yes, you can. Just use EXEC usp_secondStoredProc @params inside your first SP.Nick...

Web resources about - ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...