Any comments? Is it working? Any Problems?

PR

PR <noemail@no.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
BoTThJaq$GA.89@forums.sybase.com...
> Any comments? Is it working? Any Problems?

I tried to connect to ASA7 via the new OLE DB - Provider and ADOExpress from
Delphi 5.01. No chance. Only the error message 'Invalid Enum Value'. About
the new provider I haven't heard anything good until now...

Regards
Frank

0
Frank
4/20/2000 9:45:36 AM
Frank,

I've experienced the same problem with the ASA 7 OLEDB Provider.
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the AsaProvider or Delphi ADO Express.
Hopefully, someone from Sybase will look into this.

Regards
Ole Willy Tuv

> I tried to connect to ASA7 via the new OLE DB - Provider and >ADOExpress
from Delphi 5.01. No chance. Only the error message 'Invalid >Enum Value'.
About the new provider I haven't heard anything good until >now...

0
Ole
4/20/2000 4:08:46 PM
You should change to nativedb or odbcexpress imidiately.

Heinz-Josef
info@b-s-t.de

Ole Willy Tuv schrieb in Nachricht <6r7OtMuq$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>...
>Frank,
>
>I've experienced the same problem with the ASA 7 OLEDB Provider.
>I'm not sure if this is a bug in the AsaProvider or Delphi ADO Express.
>Hopefully, someone from Sybase will look into this.
>
>Regards
>Ole Willy Tuv
>
>> I tried to connect to ASA7 via the new OLE DB - Provider and >ADOExpress
>from Delphi 5.01. No chance. Only the error message 'Invalid >Enum Value'.
>About the new provider I haven't heard anything good until >now...

0
info
4/23/2000 6:01:54 PM
> You should change to nativedb or odbcexpress imidiately.
Already have <g>

Ole Willy Tuv

0
Ole

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

about ADO & ASA7
Is ado work with sybase... does it allow updates and add news. There is a native OLE/DB driver in ASA7, so you should have no problems using ADO. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division Please respond only to the newsgroup "Jeff Dykshorn" <jeffery.dykshorn@midata.com> wrote in message news:38E243BB.DB26A0AE@midata.com... > Is ado work with sybase... does it allow updates and add news. > Is there one yet for SQL Anywhere 5.5.05? If so, where can I get it? Scott smichels@nascar.com Reg Domaratzki wrote in message .....

What are the diff. ADO and ADO.NET and which is use full and easy ?
What are the diff. ADO and ADO.NET and which is use full and easy ? You use ADO with ASP and ADO.NET with ASP.NET. Both are useful in their own environments and can get the job done. Both can be easy or difficult, it depends on your background, training, available resources, and a host of other factors. There are lots and lots of articles on the net on this topic. Search Google for: ADO "ADO.NET" comparison E.g. MSDN article Comparison of ADO.NET and ADO DevArticles article A Practical Comparison of ADO and ADO.NET TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, Neud...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

We Need ADO Wrapper Class Methods using Ado.net
We Need clue / suggesion for writing the ADO Wrapper Class Methods below using Ado.netAny one example for any method will help1) getBookmark()2) setBookmark(currentBM)3) Delete ()4) close ()5) getStatus()6) getDataSource()7) DataMember()8) Update(Fields,Values)9) ActiveConnection()Thanks in Advance. You don't say what language you are using (VB or C#), but all you have to do is to create a Function or method and put your ADO.NET code in it.For example, Delete() will obviously have to take a parameter, such as an integer, or array of integers, and the code within it will loop through t...

Deploying Delphi software which uses ADO
Hi what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting older information plus some comments that the Jet Engine is no longer fully supported for Windows 7 environments. Suggestions or links to good descriptions would be appreciated. Bruce On 2012-09-19 16:13:51, Bruce Eglington wrote: > what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages > to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32...

ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures
Hello! I'm developing with Delphi 5 and access ASA7 with the ADO express components. So far, so good. Now I've got a weird problem calling stored procedures: As long as I call stored procedures that only have integer parameters everything is ok. But calling a stored procedure that has a string parameter leads me to a exception "unknown error". Here's how I call my stored procedure: with ADOCommand do begin Parameters[0].Value := iIntegerValue; Parameters[1].Value := sStringValue Execute; Result := Parameters[4].Value; end; If I use ODB...

ASA7 / ADO / Delphi 5.01
Has anyone figured out the problem with Delphi 5.01 and ASA7 via ADOExpress? All we get is Invalid Enum Value errors when trying to connect. Thanks, Rhett Price IndySoft Rhett, I've been informed by a Sybase representative in Norway that they are working on this problem, and hopefully have a fix in one of the first EBFs to come. Regards Ole Willy Tuv > Has anyone figured out the problem with Delphi 5.01 and ASA7 via ADOExpress? > All we get is Invalid Enum Value errors when trying to connect. ...

Has anyone tried Delphi + ADO + SQL Anywhere?
Good morning, Has anyone tried using Delphi 5 with the ADO components hitting SQL Anywhere? What was your experience? TIA -- Mr. John A. Jackson President & CEO LWE Research, Inc. www.lweresearch.com John, I am currently using ADO with C++ Builder 5 enterprise hitting SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0.3 with no problems whatsoever. Neo Mr. John A. Jackson <info@lweresearch.com> wrote in message news:OKnZFeihAHA.87@forums.sybase.com... > Good morning, > > Has anyone tried using Delphi 5 with the ADO components hitting SQL > Anywhere? What was you...

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank What are the version and build number of your server? Are you using the sample database or a database you created? If you created it, did you use the BLANK...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Web resources about - ASA7 ADO & Delphi ADO ?? Anyone is using it? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general