ASA7 ADO and Stored Procedures

Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.

Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
query does not need one?

I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
from the client written in VB6

Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:

    With adCmd
        .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
        .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
        .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
adParamInput, 8)
        .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
adParamOutput, 36)
        .Parameters.Append
adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
255)
    End With

    adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
    adCmd.Execute

Any Info would be appreciated.

0
Rod

Rod Childers wrote:

> Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
>
> Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> query does not need one?
>
> I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> from the client written in VB6
>
> Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
>
>     With adCmd
>         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
>         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> adParamInput, 8)
>         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> adParamOutput, 36)
>         .Parameters.Append
> adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> 255)
>     End With
>
>     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
>     adCmd.Execute
>
> Any Info would be appreciated.

I also get an error when trying to save a string to a long varchar
colum: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

0
Rod
4/3/2000 6:11:12 PM
Whats up with the bit data type?  I found no reference to it changing in the
Behavior Changes section but I can't get any bolean data to save without
changing to the oldbit user defined data type?

Thanks, I am evaluating this product for a very large project, I had
converted completly to ASA 6 and was happy.  I hope to use 7 because of the
OLE DB support.

Rod Childers wrote:

> Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
>
> Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> query does not need one?
>
> I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> from the client written in VB6
>
> Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
>
>     With adCmd
>         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
>         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> adParamInput, 8)
>         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> adParamOutput, 36)
>         .Parameters.Append
> adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> 255)
>     End With
>
>     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
>     adCmd.Execute
>
> Any Info would be appreciated.

0
Rod
4/3/2000 7:30:30 PM
Thanks for the response Jason

I am reading data directly from check boxes, worked fine in ASA 6 small example
would be:

rsTest!BitField1 = (chkCheckTest.Value)

then envoke the update method and it bombs with the error.

Jason Hinsperger wrote:

> Can you post an example of some the values you are using in your bit
> field that don't work?
>
> Jason Hinsperger
> Product Quality
> Adaptive Server Anywhere
>
> Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > Whats up with the bit data type?  I found no reference to it changing in the
> > Behavior Changes section but I can't get any bolean data to save without
> > changing to the oldbit user defined data type?
> >
> > Thanks, I am evaluating this product for a very large project, I had
> > converted completly to ASA 6 and was happy.  I hope to use 7 because of the
> > OLE DB support.
> >
> > Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > > Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> > > good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> > > an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
> > >
> > > Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> > > go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> > > query does not need one?
> > >
> > > I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> > > fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> > > from the client written in VB6
> > >
> > > Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> > > named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
> > >
> > >     With adCmd
> > >         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
> > >         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> > > adParamInput, 8)
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> > > adParamOutput, 36)
> > >         .Parameters.Append
> > > adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> > > 255)
> > >     End With
> > >
> > >     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
> > >     adCmd.Execute
> > >
> > > Any Info would be appreciated.

0
Rod
4/3/2000 8:01:27 PM
No I am not using a DSN, I prefer to put it all into a connection string.  I can
try these options but I didnt think they would change the behavior of your ADO
provider.

Jason Hinsperger wrote:

> If you are using a DSN to connect, try enabling the 'Microsoft
> Applications' and 'Prevent Driver Not Capable Errors'
>
> Jason Hinsperger
> Product Quality
> Adaptive Server Anywhere
>
> Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > > Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> > > good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> > > an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
> > >
> > > Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> > > go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> > > query does not need one?
> > >
> > > I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> > > fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> > > from the client written in VB6
> > >
> > > Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> > > named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
> > >
> > >     With adCmd
> > >         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
> > >         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> > > adParamInput, 8)
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> > > adParamOutput, 36)
> > >         .Parameters.Append
> > > adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> > > 255)
> > >     End With
> > >
> > >     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
> > >     adCmd.Execute
> > >
> > > Any Info would be appreciated.
> >
> > I also get an error when trying to save a string to a long varchar
> > colum: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

0
Rod
4/3/2000 8:02:58 PM
This did not cure either problem.  Still the Same.

Jason Hinsperger wrote:

> If you are using a DSN to connect, try enabling the 'Microsoft
> Applications' and 'Prevent Driver Not Capable Errors'
>
> Jason Hinsperger
> Product Quality
> Adaptive Server Anywhere
>
> Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > Rod Childers wrote:
> >
> > > Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> > > good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> > > an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
> > >
> > > Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> > > go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> > > query does not need one?
> > >
> > > I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> > > fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> > > from the client written in VB6
> > >
> > > Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> > > named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
> > >
> > >     With adCmd
> > >         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
> > >         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> > > adParamInput, 8)
> > >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> > > adParamOutput, 36)
> > >         .Parameters.Append
> > > adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> > > 255)
> > >     End With
> > >
> > >     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
> > >     adCmd.Execute
> > >
> > > Any Info would be appreciated.
> >
> > I also get an error when trying to save a string to a long varchar
> > colum: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

0
Rod
4/3/2000 8:34:10 PM

Rod Childers wrote:

> Whats up with the bit data type?  I found no reference to it changing in the
> Behavior Changes section but I can't get any bolean data to save without
> changing to the oldbit user defined data type?
>
> Thanks, I am evaluating this product for a very large project, I had
> converted completly to ASA 6 and was happy.  I hope to use 7 because of the
> OLE DB support.
>
> Rod Childers wrote:
>
> > Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> > good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> > an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
> >
> > Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> > go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> > query does not need one?
> >
> > I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> > fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> > from the client written in VB6
> >
> > Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> > named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
> >
> >     With adCmd
> >         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
> >         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> > adParamInput, 8)
> >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> > adParamOutput, 36)
> >         .Parameters.Append
> > adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> > 255)
> >     End With
> >
> >     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
> >     adCmd.Execute
> >
> > Any Info would be appreciated.
0
Jason
4/3/2000 8:50:26 PM

Rod Childers wrote:

> Rod Childers wrote:
>
> > Just trying out the new OLE DB ADO features of ASA 7.  Performance seems
> > good so far.  I am having a few problems.  The ASA server is running on
> > an NT Server and I am testing the client on Windows 95 using VB 6.
> >
> > Executing SQL and specifing adExecuteNoRecords does not work, I had to
> > go to adCmdText.  This works OK but will it create a cursor even if the
> > query does not need one?
> >
> > I can not get any of my stored procedure calls to work that were running
> > fine in ASA 6 and ADO/ODBC.  I get a gpf fault when trying to execute it
> > from the client written in VB6
> >
> > Small example of call to Stored procedure from VB 6, Calls procedure
> > named GetAcctInfo and returns 2 parameters:
> >
> >     With adCmd
> >         .CommandText = "GetAcctInfo"
> >         .CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNumberIn", adChar,
> > adParamInput, 8)
> >         .Parameters.Append adCmd.CreateParameter("AcctNameOut", adChar,
> > adParamOutput, 36)
> >         .Parameters.Append
> > adCmd.CreateParameter("SpecialInstructionsOut", adChar, adParamOutput,
> > 255)
> >     End With
> >
> >     adCmd!AcctNumberIn = "12345678"
> >     adCmd.Execute
> >
> > Any Info would be appreciated.
>
> I also get an error when trying to save a string to a long varchar
> colum: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
0
Jason
4/3/2000 8:51:47 PM
Any more word on this, I can't even set the value of a bit field with a boolen data
type.  They all cause a runtime error -2147467259  Numeric value out of range: Value
255 out of range for destination.

rsTest!BitField1 = (chkCheckTest.Value)  'Dont work
rsTest!BitField1 = True 'Dont Work
rsTest!BitField1 = -1 'Dont work

If I use the user defined data type oldbit the data is stored but 255 is stored for
True and 0 for false, Not -1 and 0.  This causes problems in other uses of the
tables.

The other problems I encountered with ASA 7 I have found work arounds for, I'm not
happy with them, but they work.

With this one I would like to know what is going on.

Rod Childers wrote:

> Thanks for the response Jason
>
> I am reading data directly from check boxes, worked fine in ASA 6 small example
> would be:
>
> rsTest!BitField1 = (chkCheckTest.Value)
>
> then envoke the update method and it bombs with the error.
>
> Jason Hinsperger wrote:
>
> > Can you post an example of some the values you are using in your bit
> > field that don't work?
> >
> > Jason Hinsperger
> > Product Quality
> > Adaptive Server Anywhere
> >
> > Rod Childers wrote:
> > >
> > > Whats up with the bit data type?  I found no reference to it changing in the
> > > Behavior Changes section but I can't get any bolean data to save without
> > > changing to the oldbit user defined data type?
> > >
> > > Thanks, I am evaluating this product for a very large project, I had
> > > converted completly to ASA 6 and was happy.  I hope to use 7 because of the
> > > OLE DB support.

0
Rod
4/4/2000 12:31:08 PM
When you assigning to a BIT column, the value must be 0 or 1. Values such as
255 or -1 would be out of range.

In SQL Anywhere 5.5, the BIT datatype was implemented as a
system-initialized user-defined type corresponding to TINYINT. Perhaps this
will help explain why your code worked before.

0
Bruce
4/4/2000 1:20:51 PM
Then why can't I do this:
rsTest!BitField1 = 1
or
rsTest!BitField1 = True

It worked in ASA 6, when you look at the Recordset!field object in Debug it trys
to store a 255 not a 1 or a -1

Bruce Hay wrote:

> When you assigning to a BIT column, the value must be 0 or 1. Values such as
> 255 or -1 would be out of range.
>
> In SQL Anywhere 5.5, the BIT datatype was implemented as a
> system-initialized user-defined type corresponding to TINYINT. Perhaps this
> will help explain why your code worked before.

0
Rod
4/4/2000 1:34:00 PM
I Restarted my old ASA6 database and they are all bit type colums.  The code below
works just fine with this database and ADO/ODBC I Connected using the ASA 6 ODBC
drivers and the Microsoft ADO layer for ODBC.

I then Restarted the ASA 7 database using ADO/ODBC and it still works just fine.

When I switch to the ASA ADO provider this is where it bombs.  The field object
(maintained by the ASA ADO Provider) tries to store a 255 when it is set to anything
other than 0.

Please try to reproduce this with your ADO provider and VB 6,  I'm sure others will
run into this.

rsTest!BitField1 = True

Rod Childers wrote:

> Then why can't I do this:
> rsTest!BitField1 = 1
> or
> rsTest!BitField1 = True
>
> It worked in ASA 6, when you look at the Recordset!field object in Debug it trys
> to store a 255 not a 1 or a -1
>
> Bruce Hay wrote:
>
> > When you assigning to a BIT column, the value must be 0 or 1. Values such as
> > 255 or -1 would be out of range.
> >
> > In SQL Anywhere 5.5, the BIT datatype was implemented as a
> > system-initialized user-defined type corresponding to TINYINT. Perhaps this
> > will help explain why your code worked before.

0
Rod
4/4/2000 2:04:06 PM
BTW my stored procedures work just fine with ADO/ODBC in the ASA 7 but they still dont
work with the OLE DB provider

Rod Childers wrote:

> I Restarted my old ASA6 database and they are all bit type colums.  The code below
> works just fine with this database and ADO/ODBC I Connected using the ASA 6 ODBC
> drivers and the Microsoft ADO layer for ODBC.
>
> I then Restarted the ASA 7 database using ADO/ODBC and it still works just fine.
>
> When I switch to the ASA ADO provider this is where it bombs.  The field object
> (maintained by the ASA ADO Provider) tries to store a 255 when it is set to anything
> other than 0.
>
> Please try to reproduce this with your ADO provider and VB 6,  I'm sure others will
> run into this.
>
> rsTest!BitField1 = True
>
> Rod Childers wrote:
>
> > Then why can't I do this:
> > rsTest!BitField1 = 1
> > or
> > rsTest!BitField1 = True
> >
> > It worked in ASA 6, when you look at the Recordset!field object in Debug it trys
> > to store a 255 not a 1 or a -1
> >
> > Bruce Hay wrote:
> >
> > > When you assigning to a BIT column, the value must be 0 or 1. Values such as
> > > 255 or -1 would be out of range.
> > >
> > > In SQL Anywhere 5.5, the BIT datatype was implemented as a
> > > system-initialized user-defined type corresponding to TINYINT. Perhaps this
> > > will help explain why your code worked before.

0
Rod

ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures
Hello! I'm developing with Delphi 5 and access ASA7 with the ADO express components. So far, so good. Now I've got a weird problem calling stored procedures: As long as I call stored procedures that only have integer parameters everything is ok. But calling a stored procedure that has a string parameter leads me to a exception "unknown error". Here's how I call my stored procedure: with ADOCommand do begin Parameters[0].Value := iIntegerValue; Parameters[1].Value := sStringValue Execute; Result := Parameters[4].Value; end; If I use ODB...

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

ADO.net dataset with 2 datatable store it into 1 stored procedure
Hi, i have 1 dataset which have 2 dataTable contain; dataTable 1: FieldName : firstname lastname jobtitle company mobiletelephone contact_Id Value: Barns Happy Executive Unigi 32123 0 dataTable2: Fieldname :address street city zipcode country telephone fax contact_Id 44Dover Dover Sg 12345 Singapore 2331 12313 0 I m trying to put the whole dataset into 1 stored procedure here's my code Public Function update(ByVal ds As DataSet) As B...

Sqlanywhere Stored Procedures
--------------DA6BDD57292073C8536A1EC1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > Hello > We are having great difficulty obtaining results from stored procedures > from a sqlanywhere ver 5.5.01. The error we recieve on the fetch statment > is "CURSOR not Open". The procdure script is > > drop procedure insert_new_applicant_proc; > Create Procedure insert_new_applicant_proc > ( OUT reslt1 numeric) > begin > set reslt1 = 5; > > END ;; > > > The script in the SQLPreview event is a...

Calling Stored Procedure fromanother Stored Procedure
Hi,I am getting error when I try to call a stored procedure from another. I would appreciate if someone could give some example.My first Stored Procedure has the following input output parameters:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.FixedCharges @InvoiceNo int,@InvoiceDate smalldatetime,@TotalOut decimal(8,2) outputAS .... I have tried using the following statement to call it from another stored procedure within the same SQLExpress database. It is giving me error near CALL.CALL FixedCharges (@InvoiceNo,@InvoiceDate,@TotalOut )Many thanks in advanceJames I believe you want to use 'EXEC' abad...

Calling a stored procedure from another stored procedure
Hello, I am now using Interbase again for a project and I am trying to do this: begin /* Procedure Text */ /* Steps: - Verify if protocol exists and fetch protocol id - add activity - add document - add activity protocol reeturn document id */ select id from protocols where protocols.protname = :protocol into :protid; /* protocol exists? Gooooood! */ if ( :protid is not null ) then begin execute addactivity(:userid,'New document') returning_values :actid; execute adddocument( :docname,:docpath...

how to call stored procedure from another stored procedure?
is it possible to call a stored procedure from another stored procedure?-keeara g------------------ Inside your first Stored Procedure: exec <name of SP to run> <Eventual Parameters this SP requires> Here is a link to all you want to know about executing SPs from other SPs. You can even Execute SPs on other SQL Servers.RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

Running a stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure (A), which I need to call from another stored procedure (B). The data pulled from (B) is then inserted into a temporary table. The problem I am having is the stored procedure is in a loop, and it only runs once. I need it to run each time the statement loops. For example: In the cursor I have, there are 3 rows, so the statement should return 3 rows. However, only 1 row is returned, it looks like the stored procedure is only one once. What do I have to do to get it to loop?? DECLARE dCURSOR CURSOR FOR select ID, value1, value2 from table; OPEN dCU...

Stored procedures and ADO
When attempting to execute a stored procedure with parameters using ADO I get the error: Cannot modify implementation row descriptor. The odbc trace indicates this is happening in a SQLSetDescField call. This code worked using SQL Anywhere 5.x, but does not work in Adaptive Server Anywhere 6. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Chris Madden ...

Calling stored procedure from another stored procedure
Is it possible to call one sp from another sp?I've been hunting around for an example to do this and just can't seem to find one.Anyone have a link for this or a sample?Thanks all,Zath Yes, you can. Just use EXEC usp_secondStoredProc @params inside your first SP.Nick...

Web resources about - ASA7 ADO and Stored Procedures - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

Are patients charged drastically different prices for the same medical procedure? - Videos - CBS News ...
Patients are often charged drastically different prices for the same medical procedures and research may link later bedtimes with gaining weight. ...

Vin Scully To Miss Dodgers Postseason After Medical Procedure
... , who has been calling Dodgers games since the Truman administration, will miss the team’s playoff run as he recovers from a medical procedure. ...

FDA finds flaws in Theranos' nanotainers and quality control procedures
... to Theranos' blood testing technology comes from the US Food and Drug Administration, which found flaws in the company's quality control procedures. ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Hall Of Fame Broadcaster Vin Scully Has Medical Procedure, Will Miss All Of 2015 Postseason
While the Dodgers will be in the 2015 MLB postseason, their Hall of Fame broadcaster, won't. Here's details on Vin Scully.

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...