ASA7, ADO and Delphi

Hello!

I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO
with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection
active I get the error "Invalid enum value".

I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449.

Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to
ASA7 with Delphi 5?

Gruesse,
Matthias

0
Matthias

I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem.  I've asked this
question before and no one seems to be able to respond...

Matthias Hovestadt wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO
> with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection
> active I get the error "Invalid enum value".
>
> I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449.
>
> Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to
> ASA7 with Delphi 5?
>
> Gruesse,
> Matthias

0
Ryan
7/21/2000 1:22:52 PM
Try setting Mode property to something other than cmUnknown (e.g. cmRead)
prior to setting ConnectionString property.

HTH,
Georgi

0
Georgi
7/21/2000 2:45:35 PM
Hi!

> Try setting Mode property to something other than cmUnknown (e.g. cmRead)
> prior to setting ConnectionString property.

I added "Mode=cmRead" to the connectionstring. The complete string was

Provider=ASAProv;Password=sql;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=dba;Data
Source=hamburg;Location=zahl;Mode=cmRead

where "hamburg" is the name of the server and "zahl" the name of the
database.

But when I try to set the connection active, I get the following error:
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
value, if available. No work was done.

Is there anything wrong with my connectionstring? Can you perhaps send me
a working string?

Thanks for your answer and have a nice weekend!

Gruesse,
Matthias

0
Matthias
> Is there anything wrong with my connectionstring? Can you perhaps send me
> a working string?
If you use an existing ODBC DSN ConnectionString could be
"Provider=ASAProv;DataSource=YourDsnName"
Otherwise, you might type for example
"Provider=ASAProv;eng=hamburg;dbn=zahl;uid=dba;pwd=sql;Links=tcpip(host=Your
ServerIP)", as described in the ASA manual. After you connect however, is
where you real problems begin. It seems that CursorLocation property of
ADOConnection has to be set to clUseClient initially until you set up your
datasets (set TableName or SpName, persistent fields, Parameters), and only
after that changed to clUseServer if required.

Georgi

0
Georgi
7/22/2000 12:18:52 PM
Matthias,

I think this is a known bug in the ASA provider which Sybase is working on.
Obviously the fix didn't make it for EBF 449.

Regards
Ole Willy Tuv

> I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO
> with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection
> active I get the error "Invalid enum value".

0
Ole

ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures
Hello! I'm developing with Delphi 5 and access ASA7 with the ADO express components. So far, so good. Now I've got a weird problem calling stored procedures: As long as I call stored procedures that only have integer parameters everything is ok. But calling a stored procedure that has a string parameter leads me to a exception "unknown error". Here's how I call my stored procedure: with ADOCommand do begin Parameters[0].Value := iIntegerValue; Parameters[1].Value := sStringValue Execute; Result := Parameters[4].Value; end; If I use ODB...

ASA7 / ADO / Delphi 5.01
Has anyone figured out the problem with Delphi 5.01 and ASA7 via ADOExpress? All we get is Invalid Enum Value errors when trying to connect. Thanks, Rhett Price IndySoft Rhett, I've been informed by a Sybase representative in Norway that they are working on this problem, and hopefully have a fix in one of the first EBFs to come. Regards Ole Willy Tuv > Has anyone figured out the problem with Delphi 5.01 and ASA7 via ADOExpress? > All we get is Invalid Enum Value errors when trying to connect. ...

embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general
Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it with Thunderbird Thanks! Sergio sergio wrote: > Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum > working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it with Thunderbird Works fine for me. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 27/02/2014 05:48 p.m., Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > sergio wrote: > >> Hello! is the embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general forum >> working? Suddenly I can't post anything to it wit...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

delphi.general
Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can't read the group *embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general* Does anybody know if there's something wrong with it? Or maybe is my reader? (Thunderbird) I get this messagge when I try to read the latest messages: Error! newsgroup server responded:no such article found Perhaps the article has expired <692702@forums.embarcadero.com> (33145) Click here to remove all expired articles sergio wrote: > Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can'...

What generals generally do

Delphi and SQLanywhere

Authenticate SQLAnywhere in Delphi?
I have the authenticated version of SQL Anywhere. All of the examples of how to build an application capable of running with the authenticated database engine are in C. How do I do this in Delphi? Does anyone have any actual code examples? - Ron ...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

SQLAnywhere & Delphi
Hi. I have some questions about this product. (SQLAnywhere) 1) I mainly use W95 peer to peer, W95 standalone and W95 Client with Novell Server. Is SQLA really fast and stable is these configurations? 2) If I buy SQLA; Do I need to buy another interface product or I can use directly from Delphi 3? 3) Can I use SQLA with Delphi 1 (16 bits)? 4) How about the price scheme? Is there any kind of developer product or my clients need to buy a copy of SQLA? ( I'am a independent developer) Thanx in advance Hugo <hrm@peru.itete.com.pe> ...

delphi.general Timer
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_202d5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" For Paolo Valle --JivePart=_202d5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="SubroutineTimer.pas" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="SubroutineTimer.pas" dW5pdCBTdWJyb3V0aW5lVGltZXI7DQoNCmludGVyZmFjZQ0KDQpwcm9jZWR1cmUgU3RhcnRTdWJy b3V0aW5lVGltZXI7DQpmdW5jdGlvbiBHZXRTdWJSb...

Web resources about - ASA7, ADO and Delphi - sybase.sqlanywhere.general