ASA5. Delphi client application working under Windows XP

Hello!

I got a trouble. I need to run the client application under WinXP. But
  it doesn't work properly. When it starts it stops the loading with
an error message. It works with user permissions. But if I set for
this user administrator permissions all works fine.

Could anyone suggest me what should I set to get the proper work of my
client application?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
Nicolay

If you are getting error messages, you should post them as it may help to
identify the problem. Anyways, SA5 should be version 5.5.05.2817 for
WindowsXP support.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Nicolay Vasiliev" <N.Vasiliev@apatit.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I got a trouble. I need to run the client application under WinXP. But
>   it doesn't work properly. When it starts it stops the loading with
> an error message. It works with user permissions. But if I set for
> this user administrator permissions all works fine.
>
> Could anyone suggest me what should I set to get the proper work of my
> client application?
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Chris

Novell Client on Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 not working
Anyone tried the Windows XP Mode of Windows 7 ? I tried it. Installed Novell Client 4.91sp5 in the XP Mode (actually a virtual XP). When browsing any NSS volume on our servers (Netware 6.5 SP6) I get errors : 'The specified network name is no longer available'. This happens randomly. Anyone an idea how to solve this ? -- FBijl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Actually, I tried it to and found both the error and the solution, Can't name the exact name/how-to,, but close enough, In the settings for the XP session unde...

JavaScript works with Windows 2000 but does not work with Windows XP
I took a script out of the Rhino book and got it to work in Windows 2000. However, the same script does not work in Windows XP/Pro. The script used was: <!-- This example is from JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition. --> <!-- That book and this example were Written by David Flanagan. --> <!-- They are Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998 O'Reilly & Associates. --> <!-- This example is provided WITHOUT WARRANTY either expressed or implied.--> <!-- You may study, use, modify, and distribute it for any purpose, --> ...

client trust and windows xp not working
I have read TID 10094446 and tried different variations by deleting the exception and recreating it however Client trust still does not work on a few of my xp boxes. Is anyone else seeing this? BM 3.6 sp2 --____VBFSFMLIEQUZXXKFVVYK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are experience a major client trust problem and we've isolated the = problem but do not have solution. The problem with Windows XP, Client Trust, AND Symantec AntiVirus = Corporate edition 9.0. We've had no problem with Windows 2000, Client = T...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Delphi XE2 + Windows XP. Does it work? [Edit]
We want to migrate from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE2. Our OS is Windows XP. Does XE2 run on Windows XP? What are your experiences? Thanks, R. Edited by: Ronnie Smith on Jan 27, 2012 12:29 AM I bet it does. Windows Platforms The following Windows platforms are supported as development platforms: Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Microsoft Windows VistaTM SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit) requires administrator rights Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional (32-bit and 64-bit) SP2 or SP3 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1) or 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit) The latest service...

Client works fine for Windows 2000 but not for XP
Server: Netware 5.1 I'm running the 4.83 client on W2K machines, everything is fine, people have their mappings, logging script, etc. I installed 4.90 SP1 on some XP machines, none of them can see the Tree when they log on. I spend hours trying to find a solution even the registry hack located here http://support.novell.com/cgi- bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086186.htm Isnt there something I could do? Maybe something on the server? Because I find it extremely curious that this only happens on XP machines. Thank you in advance. Did you first try 4.83SP3 on the Windo...

client to work with windows xp media edition
If you send me an e-mail, just take the nospam off of the end We have novell 6.0 servers with all but the newest service packs installed. We have not had problems with users being able to map drives when they login until now. A new computer for the central office has windows xp media edition installed, and I am trying to use netware 4.9 client (4.9 SP2) did not work at all with this version of windows. I can map to 2 of my servers (all have the same service packs) the computer will consistatnly map the same 2 servers, but not the others. When you go into network services o...

Windows 7 Locking XP Clients out of Application
Running a Visual Foxpro application which has run for years on XP workstations attached to a Novell Server (6.5). Upgraded one workstation to Win 7 and whenever that on logs on the application, none of the other workstations can get in. Have tried it with a laptop also running Win 7 (just to eliminate the possibility that its a freak workstation) with identical results. In short, in the VFP environment I can explicitly open a file shared in the Win 7 env, and when I try to open the same file in XP on another workstation, it tells me the "File is in use". Other VFP ex...

Debugger not working
I don't know how, but somehow I have stopped the debugger from working in Delphi 2009. When I press Run having set a breakpoint, the breakpoint changes from a red dot to a white X in the dot. I first tried setting the registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger to "E:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\bin\bds.exe" /attach:%ld;%ld But that didn't help. I've since done a repair install but that hasn't helped either. Is a reboot required after changing the registry key? Any other suggestions? Thanks, ...

Client stop working after Windows XP SP3 install
Anyone have problems with the Novell Client stop working after installing Windows XP SP3? The client version I am using is Novell Client 4.91 SP4 for Windows. I had to reinstall the Novell client in order to obtain network connectivity. On another machine I installed Windows XP SP3 and after the Novell client stopped working I did an uninstall of XP SP3 to no avail. The Novell client still didn't work and required a re-install. -- davethomp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davethomp wrote: > Anyone have problems with the Nov...

Client Trust stops working after Windows XP SP2
Their is a TID 10094446 that has a fix for this, but it doesn't work on the PC I was working. The only way to get out was by disabling the Windows firewall. Is there another fix? Ray Do you have some other firewall running on that pc as well ? Cheers, Edward <rutter@wgaffaney.com> wrote in message news:7wD_e.3199$jT.2024@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Their is a TID 10094446 that has a fix for this, but it doesn't work on > the PC I was working. The only way to get out was by disabling the > Windows firewall. > Is there another fix? ...

Delphi XE5 application, missing icons in XP and Windows 2003
Hi, Does anyone know why a XE5 build application is missing its application icon in Windows XP and Windows 2003 (it's missing in explorer/windows desktop) ? The icon displays fine in Windows 7,8,8.1 and 2008 Best regards Roy Roy wrote: > Does anyone know why a XE5 build application is missing its application > icon in Windows XP and Windows 2003 (it's missing in explorer/windows > desktop) ? > > The icon displays fine in Windows 7,8,8.1 and 2008 Either the icon resource is missing or misnamed, or it does not provide icon sizes that those older OS...

Delphi 2010 + Control Panel Application = Windows Explorer has stopped work
Delphi 2010 + Control Panel Application = Windows Explorer has stopped working Why every time the installed control panel applets, then I open the control panel, after a few seconds then raised message "Windows Explorer has stopped working" Is there any advice that I can do to solve this problem? For additional information, I use Windows Vista Ultimate Edition > {quote:title=Eko Indriyawan wrote:}{quote} > For additional information, > > I use Windows Vista Ultimate Edition Just now, I open the same project in Delphi 2007 in same operating system, it w...

Delphi 2010 application starts in Windows XP. Not if recompiled with XE5 [Edit]
Hello, we have developed a 32 bit application that must run under Windows XP (thousands of independent customers worldwide). It works perfectly if compliled with Delphi 2010 Professional. Recompiling it with Delphi XE5 (target platform Win 32) it starts but after some instants it shows a message like this: The procedure entry point InitializeConditionVariable could not located in the dynamic library Kernel32.dll. Of course this is due to such procedure only being available with Windows Vista and later. Running a "dependency walk" software on the executable, we indeed se...

Web resources about - ASA5. Delphi client application working under Windows XP - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

Pre-K Applications Begin Jan 25, a Month Earlier Than Last Year, City Says
The DOE has moved the process up to Jan. 25 on the heels of a similar schedule shift for kindergarten. MANHATTAN — The application period for ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...