any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio

Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio?

Thanks.

-2
Hon

>Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio?

The answer depends upon the context of the question.  Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS
that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere.  Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to
a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things.  "sql anywhere studio" is a
particular bundling of these products.

Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" they mean "Adaptive Server Anywhere", the dbms.

Hope this helps.

Leo Tohill - Team Sybase
>> Please post in newsgroup, not via email <<
-2
leotohill

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0
What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client machine? Where can I download it? The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you with the pricing details for client licenses. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to al...

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server
sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server are there any major known issues other than test for my scenarios or it is not compatible at all. i was able to connect, add, delete & update records on a simple table & dataset. Env: VS 2005 .NET 2.0 & sql anywhere 10 thanks vsv This configuration should work. But we do not do significant (if any) testing of this configuration, so you should ensure you do thorough testing with your application. -- Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions) Please reply only to the newsgroup. Whitepapers, TechDo...

How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD
Does anyone know how to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD? Below is the document from sybase, You can also install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio install CD. Since the version of the Adaptive Server Anywhere databases that will be your remote databases is decided by the version of the SQL Anywhere Studio CD you have, we recommend that you install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD. By doing this, you guarantee that the version of SQL Remote for ASE is the same as the version of the remote databases being used in your re...

SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0 Java SQL Central
Is there a non Java SQL central for SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0? The Java one gives me all sorts of errors and breaks no matter what I do. I can get it working on NT workstations, but not on Win98 workstations. Do I need a certain version of Internet explorer in order to make it work correctly? Or is there a win32 not java version of Sybase Central for SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0. Please e-mail me at robpittfield@loanware.com with any responses you might have. Thanks. Sincerely, Rob Pittfield Rob The online help says that the C++ version 'scview.exe' is still install...

Outer Join differences betwen T-SQL and Anywhere-SQL.
Hello, I have a customer who has a query using 10 tables. They are using 2 outer joins and run the query on a sql server and a sql anywhere server. They are geting different result sets on the sql server and anywhere server (in fact they get 10 rows returned from sql server and none back from the anywhere server). I know that there are differences between the way that sql server handles outer joins and sql anywhere handles them. It all says in the documentation that 'there are some ambiguities in the meaning of the outer join operators in some situations where more than 2 tabl...

Web resources about - any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

The West should let the Middle East settle its own differences
The bitter truth is there is no plausible way we can defeat jihadists with military force.

6 Ways To Tell The Difference Between A Terrorist And A Refugee
If you are sitting at the table for five minutes and you can't spot the difference between the refugee and the terrorist, you are the terrorist. ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"There’s been a lot of poorly thought-out stuff written about the differences between men’s and women’s ...
... But if you can get past all of this pseudoscience, there’s some legitimately illuminating, serious medical research on sex-based brain differences ...

Mark Zuckerberg explains that the key difference between Facebook and Alphabet is that it 'can't fail' ...
In a long and wide ranging interview with Fast Company , Mark Zuckerberg has taken a swing at Alphabet, the parent company of Google, for its ...

Anonymous just might make all the difference in attacking ISIS
In the wake of the horrific attacks in Paris, military operations against ISIS terrorist strongholds have increased. When someone hits you, it’s ...

Cartoon: How to tell the difference between ISIS and Muslims
The GOP is demanding that the Democratic presidential candidates use the term “radical Islam” to refer to ISIS. Yet i...