ADO

Hi All,

all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
CursorLocation <adUserServer>.

Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
attantion for ?

regards and TIA
Jan Waiz

0
Jan

Yes, you can aduseclient with ASA 8.0.1 and ASA 7.0.4 ebf 2738 or later.
If you use client side cursors, you cannot retrieve multiple result sets
from a stoed procedure.
This has nothing to do with ASA, but you should only use client side cursors
for small result sets, otherwise you risk running into application
performance issues, since the result set is kept in memory for the client
application.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

"Jan Waiz" <jwaiz@icomedv.de> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
> CursorLocation <adUserServer>.
>
> Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
> attantion for ?
>
> regards and TIA
> Jan Waiz

0
Jason
7/30/2002 2:02:01 PM
Hi Jan,

I got the best results with client side cursors by using the MS OLE DB
Provider for ODBC Drivers (MSDASQL) with the ASA ODBC driver.  It adds
an extra layer, but the client side functionality will work correctly.

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:56:01 +0200, "Jan Waiz" <jwaiz@icomedv.de>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
>CursorLocation <adUserServer>.
>
>Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
>attantion for ?
>
>regards and TIA
>Jan Waiz

Chris Miller
VersaTrans Solutions Inc.
0
Chris
7/30/2002 2:11:58 PM
Hi Jason,

>>you can aduseclient<<

Good News *s*. Than i did not understand, why it does not work correct for
me. What Cursor- and Lcktype do you use ?

TIA
Jan Waiz

"Jason Hinsperger" <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:pJETgN9NCHA.582@forums.sybase.com...
> Yes, you can aduseclient with ASA 8.0.1 and ASA 7.0.4 ebf 2738 or later.
> If you use client side cursors, you cannot retrieve multiple result sets
> from a stoed procedure.
> This has nothing to do with ASA, but you should only use client side
cursors
> for small result sets, otherwise you risk running into application
> performance issues, since the result set is kept in memory for the client
> application.
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> iAnywhere Solutions
>

> "Jan Waiz" <jwaiz@icomedv.de> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
> > CursorLocation <adUserServer>.
> >
> > Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
> > attantion for ?
> >
> > regards and TIA
> > Jan Waiz

0
Jan
7/30/2002 2:29:14 PM
Hi Chris,

>>MS OLE DB<<

Of course - it is very confused for me, what Provides with possible Cursor-
and Locktypes will work. But i will test your Tip. TIA

Regards
Jan Waiz

"Chris Miller" <chris.miller@remove.canned.ham.versatrans.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:se7dku0191cklejugckcdiccjjahc0jtoq@4ax.com...
> Hi Jan,
>
> I got the best results with client side cursors by using the MS OLE DB
> Provider for ODBC Drivers (MSDASQL) with the ASA ODBC driver.  It adds
> an extra layer, but the client side functionality will work correctly.
>
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:56:01 +0200, "Jan Waiz" <jwaiz@icomedv.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
> >CursorLocation <adUserServer>.
> >
> >Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
> >attantion for ?
> >
> >regards and TIA
> >Jan Waiz
> >

> Chris Miller
> VersaTrans Solutions Inc.

0
Jan
7/30/2002 2:30:29 PM
What version/build of the software are you using?  What error message are
you receiving?
Of of the top of my head I know that static/readonly works, as does keyset
with any of the lock types.

--

> Hi Jason,
>
> >>you can aduseclient<<
>
> Good News *s*. Than i did not understand, why it does not work correct for
> me. What Cursor- and Lcktype do you use ?
>
> TIA
> Jan Waiz
>
> "Jason Hinsperger" <jason_hinsperger@NOSPAMhotmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:pJETgN9NCHA.582@forums.sybase.com...
> > Yes, you can aduseclient with ASA 8.0.1 and ASA 7.0.4 ebf 2738 or later.
> > If you use client side cursors, you cannot retrieve multiple result sets
> > from a stoed procedure.
> > This has nothing to do with ASA, but you should only use client side
> cursors
> > for small result sets, otherwise you risk running into application
> > performance issues, since the result set is kept in memory for the
client
> > application.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Hinsperger
> > International and Sustaining Engineering
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >

> > "Jan Waiz" <jwaiz@icomedv.de> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as
> > > CursorLocation <adUserServer>.
> > >
> > > Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay
> > > attantion for ?
> > >
> > > regards and TIA
> > > Jan Waiz

0
Jason
7/30/2002 5:37:27 PM
80004005 is a general error.  Check the error object or turn on ODBC tracing
to see exactly why your connection is failing.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering
iAnywhere Solutions

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
--

"Savvoulidis Iordanis" <iordanis_sav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I see that you are dealing with the connection to ASA7-8 with ADO.
> How can I use the MSDASQL (MSOLEDB for ODBC)
> to connect to ASA6?
> I always get the following ODBC error message :
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' "
>
> I have already posted this question in the newsgroup but
> it seems it's been deleted.
>
> TIA

0
Jason
8/22/2002 6:05:07 PM
I see that you are dealing with the connection to ASA7-8 with ADO.
How can I use the MSDASQL (MSOLEDB for ODBC)
to connect to ASA6?
I always get the following ODBC error message :
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' "

I have already posted this question in the newsgroup but
it seems it's been deleted.

TIA

0
Savvoulidis

What generals generally do

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

General ADO.NET 2.0 Question...
What is the difference between using datasets and using inline database calls. I understand the obvious idea that if you are making the same call several times throughout the application then you might as well consolidate. I have an application that makes several different db calls per page. Do I gain anything by creating a dataset for all of the calls? And secondly... Does question even make any sense? Thanks,AndrewAndrew S. ErwinSoftware DeveloperReflectSystems, Inc. What you mean by inline database call? Using DataSet (in-memory prepresentation of relational data) makes sense when yo...

basic ADO.NET
well i am trying to get into some further learning of ADO.NET because all of my experience with it at this point has been through Sql Server Express 2005. my first question, as i understand it, is that ADO.NET acts as a go-between for the language of choice (VB in my case) and the datasource (SQL Server in my case).  it translates the ado classes and objects (dataset, datarow, dataadapter, etc) into the specific language used by the API for SQL Server. is this correct? does this mean that to use an Access datasource, (or Oracle or anything else for that matter) i would change the ...

how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile
how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile. I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10. How to include one? thanks vsv The namespace would be system.data.oledb The provider would be SAOLEDB.10 Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote: >how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile. > >I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10. > >How to include one? > >thanks > >vsv > > > iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere is the .NE...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

SQLAnywhere 5.0 with VB 6 ADO via ODBC
How do I properly connect a VB6 application to a SQLAnywhere db via ODBC? I'm trying to connect my own program to our companies database to get some data out. The ODBC connection called KSRTEST works fine as our standard software already uses it. However, if I run my program I get the following error message: Error -2147217843(80040e4d) [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Watcom SQL rejected connection: invalid parameter Here is the code: -------------------------------------------------------- Dim KSRDaten As Adodc Private WithEvents adoCn As ADODB.Connection Private WithEvents adoRs ...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Web resources about - ADO - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.