Access to SQL Anywhere

I simply wish to convert an Access 97 database and data to SQL Anywhere.
We have Erwin 3.5 in our shop...

I've had no problem converting the structure but cant seem to find a way to
transfer the data...
Access (Export) didn't help...

Do I need to cobble a program to do this...?

0
Al

An MS Access Migration Kit is provided for ASA.  Check out

http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,3693,47621,00.html

--
Reg Domaratzki
Sybase iAnywhere Solutions

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

"Al Seltenreich" <al.seltenreich@fisnet.com> wrote in message
> I simply wish to convert an Access 97 database and data to SQL Anywhere.
> We have Erwin 3.5 in our shop...
>
> I've had no problem converting the structure but cant seem to find a way
> transfer the data...
> Access (Export) didn't help...
>

> Do I need to cobble a program to do this...?

0
Reg
1/30/2001 3:02:50 PM
The link from there to migratewiz.exe seems to be broken.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:02:50 -0500, "Reg Domaratzki"
<nospam_rdomarat@sybase.com> wrote:

>http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,3693,47621,00.html

Breck [TeamSybase]
www.bcarter.com
bcarter@bcarter.com
0
Breck

SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0
What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client machine? Where can I download it? The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you with the pricing details for client licenses. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to al...

Access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL Anywhere
Dear all, Is it possible to access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL Anywhere DB? e.g. SELECT db_a.table_a.* where db_a.table_a.id = db_b.table_b.id ; Thanks in advance Bill Yes, provided you have a version that supports remote tables. /ck "Bill" <bchie@opensys.com.hk> wrote in message news:02HIHkeXBHA.353@forums.sybase.com... > Dear all, > > Is it possible to access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL > Anywhere DB? > > e.g. > SELECT db_a.table_a.* where db_a.table_a.id = db_b.table_b.id ; > >...

SQL Anywhere to Access????
Can anyone give me any ideas how to export data from a SQL Anywhere database to be used in an Access 2000 database? I have know clue :?[ Thanks See the UNLOAD statement in the Help. Also, dbisql offers the OUTPUT statement. Breck On 25 Jul 2003 15:18:35 -0700, ":?[]>" <rawfish66nospam@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Can anyone give me any ideas how to export data from a SQL Anywhere database >to be used in an Access 2000 database? > >I have know clue :?[ > >Thanks > bcarter@risingroad.com Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database A...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

help document engine for SQL Anywhere 6/general information on Anywhere 6?
I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of the features of Anywhere 6? I can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks, Mairi Reyer >I'm wondering what the help engine will be for SQL Anywhere 6--will it >be HTML Help like MS SQL Server, or standard HTML-based online docs? I haven't heard anything about that. >Also, is there a section of the Sybase web site which previews any of...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

SQL AnyWhere and MS ACCESS
I have just started to use MS Access as a back end tool with PowerBuilder 5.0 Enterprise. I have no problem connecting but I am unable to either modify or insert new records (I am only able to delete). Can anyone tell me the steps, either in Access or Sybase that I need to gain the functionality that I desire? -- Rod Carter Facilitator Information Technology Institute Moncton, NB, CA :-) When using Access with an ODBC source make sure when you set up your ODBC source with the Additional connection options, you should select Microsoft application(keys in SQL statistics). If ...

Accessing SQL Anywhere from DOS?
Help! I am looking for different ways to access an SQLAnywhere 5.5 database from a DOS application? Thanks Marty ...

Microsoft Access and SQL Anywhere
I have set up an ODBC connection for an SQL Anywhere database and attached its tables to an Access 97 application. I can read the tables but when I try and update the tables, I receive a "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server; authentication violation (#-98). I have been researching the problem and found numerous documents about this error for PowerBuilder accessing SQL Anywhere but none for Access 97. Since I have an Authenticated SQL Anywhere Database ver. 5.5.04, what can I do to allow updates and inserts from an Access 97 application. Any help would b...

SQL Anywhere Security and Access
We have defined table-level security in our SQL Anywhere database. The problem is that once the connection is established, it seems that the user can link to the tables through Access and skirt any security measures taken in SQL Anywhere. Does anyone know of a way to make SQL Anywhere enforce the permissions as defined in the database even when the tables are being viewed in Access? Thank you! Tad Campbell Aztec Systems, Inc. What userid is being used for the Access connection? If that userid has DBA authority, then it can access any table. Any user dba or not. Even ...

Web resources about - Access to SQL Anywhere - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Pittsburgh Man’s Obituary: ‘In Lieu of Flowers, Please Don’t Vote for Donald Trump’
If funerals have proven anything to the world, it is that the obituaries before them can be just as useful for conveying last wishes as they ...

Google Brings A New Weather Experience To Its Search App
We reported earlier this month that Google was testing a new design for its weather cards , the new design happened to be much more colorful ...

Years after cancellation, ‘Star Wars Battlefront III’ finally leaks in playable form
After years of anticipation, we finally got a next-generation sequel to Star Wars Battlefront last fall. It was easy on the eyes, chock full ...

This 200-million-year-old Welsh dinosaur has been given a fierce name
A Jurassic dinosaur whose remains were unearthed at the bottom of a cliff in Wales has just been officially given a name: Dracoraptor hanigani ...

Mark Ruffalo Compares ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ to ‘Midnight Run,’ Which Is Really All You Need to Hear
The first two Thor movies have their moments, but they’re among the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s more forgettable chapters. They never reach the ...

Race, Reparations, and Sanders
Ta-Nehisi Coates writes pretty strongly against Bernie Sanders’ position on race, accusing him of being nothing more than a mainstream white ...

How the WaPo whitewashed the Flint water disaster
I’m one of those masochists who signs up for daily email alerts from several news services just to keep tabs on the stories I might miss on cable ...

Forget Snowmen, Freezing Pants Are The Newest Winter Storm Trend
In what’s either humorous commentary on the extreme northern cold or anguished cry for help after that Vikings loss a couple weeks ago, some ...

Ninth planet in solar system probably exists, astronomers say
For those of us who grew up learning about the solar system ‘s nine planets, there may be nothing that can fill that Pluto-shaped hole in our ...

Hit musical 'Cats' returns to NY after 16-year hiatus
Hit musical "Cats," one of the most celebrated theatrical productions of all time, is returning to New York after a 16-year hiatus on Broadway, ...