5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.1 with time sync error

After installing Novell 5.1 I cannot connect to the database, receive server
not found.
TCPIP ping successful
Dbclienw.... -xtcpip{host=<<serverip>>;myip;dobroadcast=no} unsuccessful
Receiving Time sync error on server sporadically, will be in sync then out.
Data runs fine on NT.
Any suggestions?

Gregg

0
Gregg

First off, I assume that you have a build of 5504 greater than 1929 right?

When the database server starts up, in the server console window, can you
check and see whether the TCP/IP link starts up sucessfully?  Look for
something like :

Trying to start TCP/IP Link
   TCP/IP Link Start Sucessfully

If you see failure, then add the -Z switch to the server startup, and post
the text that is generated when the engine fails to start the TCP/IP link.

--
Reg Domaratzki
iAnywhere Solutions

TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000
http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000

"Gregg Bohner" <Gregg.Bohner@blackbaud.com> wrote in message
> After installing Novell 5.1 I cannot connect to the database, receive
server
> not found.
> TCPIP ping successful
> Dbclienw.... -xtcpip{host=<<serverip>>;myip;dobroadcast=no} unsuccessful
> Receiving Time sync error on server sporadically, will be in sync then
out.
> Data runs fine on NT.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Gregg

0
Reg
5/19/2000 2:13:48 PM
..Here is a copy of the messages window
I am trying to connect to the DB over IPX.

Trying to start IPX Link
Trying to read property value of REWIN_BLACKBAUD
Property value for NET_ADDRESS is all zeroes, setting binder error to {off
right edge of screen}
bindery return code: ff
   IPX started successfully
Trying to start TCPIP
gethostname() -1
could not determine local host name
starting with 600 buffers of 512
8192K used for caching
Transaction log re.log
database ........ started
etc
..
SAP Sends: 0
SAP Sends: 0
The receive the SAP sends every thirty seconds or so.

Reg Domaratzki <nospam_rdomarat@sybase.com> wrote in message
> First off, I assume that you have a build of 5504 greater than 1929 right?
>
> When the database server starts up, in the server console window, can you
> check and see whether the TCP/IP link starts up sucessfully?  Look for
> something like :
>
> Trying to start TCP/IP Link
>    TCP/IP Link Start Sucessfully
>
> If you see failure, then add the -Z switch to the server startup, and post
> the text that is generated when the engine fails to start the TCP/IP link.
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki
> iAnywhere Solutions
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000
> http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000
>
> "Gregg Bohner" <Gregg.Bohner@blackbaud.com> wrote in message
> > After installing Novell 5.1 I cannot connect to the database, receive
> server
> > not found.
> > TCPIP ping successful
> > Dbclienw.... -xtcpip{host=<<serverip>>;myip;dobroadcast=no} unsuccessful
> > Receiving Time sync error on server sporadically, will be in sync then
> out.
> > Data runs fine on NT.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Gregg

0
Gregg
5/23/2000 12:33:34 PM
I think that the call we make to determine what our IP address is on Novell
relies on the local machine being able to resolve it's IP address itself.
Try adding an entiry to your local hosts file (I don't know the filename on
Novell, but the UNIX equivalent file is /etc/hosts) that defines your local
IP address and see if that helps.

--

> .Here is a copy of the messages window
> I am trying to connect to the DB over IPX.
>
> Trying to start IPX Link
> Trying to read property value of REWIN_BLACKBAUD
> Property value for NET_ADDRESS is all zeroes, setting binder error to {off
> right edge of screen}
> bindery return code: ff
>    IPX started successfully
> Trying to start TCPIP
> gethostname() -1
> could not determine local host name
> starting with 600 buffers of 512
> 8192K used for caching
> Transaction log re.log
> database ........ started
> etc
> .
> SAP Sends: 0
> SAP Sends: 0
> The receive the SAP sends every thirty seconds or so.
>

> Reg Domaratzki <nospam_rdomarat@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > First off, I assume that you have a build of 5504 greater than 1929
right?

> > When the database server starts up, in the server console window, can
you
> > check and see whether the TCP/IP link starts up sucessfully?  Look for
> > something like :
> >
> > Trying to start TCP/IP Link
> >    TCP/IP Link Start Sucessfully
> >
> > If you see failure, then add the -Z switch to the server startup, and
post
> > the text that is generated when the engine fails to start the TCP/IP
link.

> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000
> > http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000
> >
> > "Gregg Bohner" <Gregg.Bohner@blackbaud.com> wrote in message
> > > After installing Novell 5.1 I cannot connect to the database, receive
> > server
> > > not found.
> > > TCPIP ping successful
> > > Dbclienw.... -xtcpip{host=<<serverip>>;myip;dobroadcast=no}
unsuccessful
> > > Receiving Time sync error on server sporadically, will be in sync then
> > out.
> > > Data runs fine on NT.
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Gregg

0
Reg

Web resources about - 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.1 with time sync error - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

NOVELL Worldwide
Novell is a leading provider of infrastructure software. Our vision is helping people and technology to work as one. Our mission is to help customers ...

Edit - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please do not include suffixes like 'Inc.', 'LLC', 'GmbH', 'SAS', etc. Don’t include '.com' unless explicitly part of the company name.

DOJ closes investigation of Apple acquisition of Nortel and Novell patents on FRAND commitments
... of Justice clearing Google’s acquisition of Motorola , the DOJ also closed its investigations into Apple’s acquisition of certain Novell patents, ...

Novell Tries Enterprise File Sharing Without That Pesky Cloud
... just not comfortable with all that cloud stuff going on with either one of them. Well, you’re not alone, and the networking company Novell ...

Justice Department approves Apple patent purchases from Nortel, Novell
... including a collection of Nortel's intellectual property to be acquired by Apple, Microsoft, Research in Motion and others and Novell patents ...

Novell-SCO case finally heading to trial
A judge has granted Novell's motion to lift SCO's bankruptcy stay. Utah …

Novell: Elliott “Welcomes” Decision To Consider Possible Buyers
Investment firm Elliott Associates this morning said it &#8220;welcomed&#8221; Novell&#8216;s (NOVL) decision to &#8220;conduct a sale of the ...

Will Novell-Microsoft ruling make developers digital serfs to platform lords?
... marked another win for Microsoft while under the watchful eyes of Judge J. Frederick Motz, who dismissed the antitrust lawsuit brought by Novell. ...

Cambridge-bound Novell pins recovery on CTP buy
... & more in Boston, Massachusetts. CAMBRIDGE A year after it struck a deal to buy consulting firm Cambridge Technology Partners, an ailing Novell ...