.NET Data Provider on Window's CE - please help!

Has anyone gotten the sample to work?

First I installed the 2003 VS.NET Final Beta for use of the Compact
Framework.  Then installed 8.0.0 on both my desktop and Pocket PC, then did
the 8.0.2 upgrade.  8.0.2 does not upgrade CE, still at 8.0.0 for this.
Installed the .NET Data Provider, compiled and deployed the Simple Windows
CE Sample Project on the Pocket PC device, and am getting a
TypeLoadException when trying to connect to the database.  Playing around
with the code some I see this occurs at the entrance at any function I try
to make a database connection to, so it appears to be a late-binding problem
with iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll, which is indeed on the device in the
directory of the executable.  FWIW, I also tried launching the sample
database on the device from the server and then altering the connection
string in the code.  No dice.

Should I have an 8.0.2 on my Pocket PC?  Is so, where do I get it?  If not
what am I not doing right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my dept. is trying to do a prototype
using the Compact Framework and if I can't get this working by tomorrow
we'll have to do it another way.

One other question, which I believe I know the answer to but just wanted to
check - there's no way to use Ultralite with the .NET Compact Framework,
correct?

Thanks. - Beau

0
Beau

You should post all issues related to the ADO.NET managed provider to the
ianywhere.private.sqlanywherestudio.beta newsgroup.

This issue has already been reported there with the following response:
We have identified a problem with using Visual Studio .NET 2003.  It seems
that you get the TypeLoadException if we build our dll with the previous
version of Visual Studio.

I would suggest posting to/monitoring the abovementioned newsgroup for an
update as to when a new provider is available.

ultralite, but you can still code ultralite applications for CE.Net.  I
believe this question has been addressed in the
sybase.public.sqlanywhere.ultralite newsgroup a while ago.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
--

"Beau Randall" <beau.randall@vistantcorp.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten the sample to work?
>
> First I installed the 2003 VS.NET Final Beta for use of the Compact
> Framework.  Then installed 8.0.0 on both my desktop and Pocket PC, then
did
> the 8.0.2 upgrade.  8.0.2 does not upgrade CE, still at 8.0.0 for this.
> Installed the .NET Data Provider, compiled and deployed the Simple Windows
> CE Sample Project on the Pocket PC device, and am getting a
> TypeLoadException when trying to connect to the database.  Playing around
> with the code some I see this occurs at the entrance at any function I try
> to make a database connection to, so it appears to be a late-binding
problem
> with iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll, which is indeed on the device in the
> directory of the executable.  FWIW, I also tried launching the sample
> database on the device from the server and then altering the connection
> string in the code.  No dice.
>
> Should I have an 8.0.2 on my Pocket PC?  Is so, where do I get it?  If not
> what am I not doing right?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, my dept. is trying to do a
prototype
> using the Compact Framework and if I can't get this working by tomorrow
> we'll have to do it another way.
>
> One other question, which I believe I know the answer to but just wanted
> check - there's no way to use Ultralite with the .NET Compact Framework,
> correct?
>
> Thanks. - Beau

0
Jason
12/17/2002 2:10:02 PM
The UltraLite Component Suite may allow you to use UL with the .NET Compact
Framework. That would be a good question for the newsgroup
sybase.public.sqlanywhere.ultralite.

    For .NET support you will likely want to sign up for the .NET provider
Beta that is currently underway. You can register for the Beta at:

SQL Anywhere Studio .NET Data Provider
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1022085

Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Beau Randall" <beau.randall@vistantcorp.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone gotten the sample to work?
>
> First I installed the 2003 VS.NET Final Beta for use of the Compact
> Framework.  Then installed 8.0.0 on both my desktop and Pocket PC, then
did
> the 8.0.2 upgrade.  8.0.2 does not upgrade CE, still at 8.0.0 for this.
> Installed the .NET Data Provider, compiled and deployed the Simple Windows
> CE Sample Project on the Pocket PC device, and am getting a
> TypeLoadException when trying to connect to the database.  Playing around
> with the code some I see this occurs at the entrance at any function I try
> to make a database connection to, so it appears to be a late-binding
problem
> with iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll, which is indeed on the device in the
> directory of the executable.  FWIW, I also tried launching the sample
> database on the device from the server and then altering the connection
> string in the code.  No dice.
>
> Should I have an 8.0.2 on my Pocket PC?  Is so, where do I get it?  If not
> what am I not doing right?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, my dept. is trying to do a
prototype
> using the Compact Framework and if I can't get this working by tomorrow
> we'll have to do it another way.
>
> One other question, which I believe I know the answer to but just wanted
> check - there's no way to use Ultralite with the .NET Compact Framework,
> correct?
>
> Thanks. - Beau

0
Robert

Help! I cannot access the DataGrid's ItemTemplate's LinkButton's Text Atrribute 's Value!!!!!!!!!!!
I write a datagrid's ItemDataBound method as follows:   private void dgTable_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs e)  {   if(e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)   {    if(!isRole("Manager"))    {     LinkButton tmp = (LinkButton)e.Item.FindControl("lbPassed");     if(tmp.Text == "Passed")     {      ((LinkBu...

Urgent Help! How to get data from child's gridview to parent's textbox
 Hello Sir,Would you please advise me, how can I get the data from child gridview to parent textbox.For example, I have select 2 row in child's datagrid the values are "A" and "B" then click add and "A B" appears in the same parent's textbox. Thanks in advance!   Anyone please help me. How to get the data from gridview on popup page to textbox on the main page. Thank you so much!!!! Hi Novox , Please check my sample :   <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" Height="227px" Width...

Urgent Help! How to get data from child's gridview to parent's textbox #2

pass data from the child forms's gridview with paging to parent's gridview (asp.net)
Hi all friends,               I have parent form with a gridview called Gridview A and a child form with a gridview(paging)   called Gridview B. Inside each row of the Gridview B also has a checkbox.The question is .   How can I pass the selected record(multiple selection)  from the gridview B to the parent's gridview ?  Thanks In Advance :) regards, williamThanksRegardswilliamPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Hi william83 , Please post more...

Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings.
I am getting "Access to the ADO.net Managed Provider 'SqlClientFactory' was denied in the data source with ID 'SqlDataSource1' because of security settings. " When I use database connection to my web applicaiton. Can you tell me what is the problem. I have posted in forum http://forums.asp.net/thread/1306653.aspx but they asked me to post here. I am recieving the same error.  Did you find a solution to this? I was recieving this error while developing webparts for WSS SP2 running on .NET 2.0. I created a custom trust file with a permissionset and codegroup for my assembly...

The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.
Hii, When I tried to bind dropdownlist to database by declaring connection string in the code behind file I am getting this error: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.Source Error: An...

Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]
dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework. Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes. Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devar...

Need help re: corruption of .db's w/ ASA6.0.x and Windows CE
Hello, I am using ASA6.0.x(3) w/ Windows CE, and I am experiencing a lot of corrupted databases. I need to know general concerns, etc with regards to working w/ ASA for CE. Our database on each CE device w/ be about 6-8MB initialy(created w/ dbinit.exe, and loaded from dbxtract.exe & dbisql.exe), and to keep as much memory available for programs as possible, we have placed the .db's on removable storage cards(flash cards). Things work fine most of the time, but the database becomes corrupted fairly often. Sybase normally recovers nicely after such things as resett...

is it possible write cloumn's data and checkbox's data in the same time?
  I'm editing a asp.net web by using vs 2005 c#, I've a webForm including a gridview and a checkboxlist, the checkbotlist is for authentication selecting of grideview's data. I'm wondering is it possible write gridview and checkboxlist' data in tha same time? if it's possible howcome?     sorry for my poor english.. the expression maybe is not very good to understanding.. hope anyone here could to me a favor to resolve this question.   thank you very much  and have a nice day ! Hi,    It is impossible to write GridView and CheckBoxList at the th...

Data window's Data source is Oracle Procedure
Hello I created one Packed in that i created one PROCEDURE now i want to use that oracle procedure in data window as a data source. but when i created a new datawindow (PB9)in select store procedure dialog box i cant see that procedure or package in a list what i have to please tell me . regards s Patel First, the procedure has to return a ref cursor to be used as a datasource with a datawindow (natively). Second, your userid must have execute permission on the package/procedure. Third, you need to configure you PB database connection on the SYSTEM tab, there's a checkbox t...

what's the best way to save data if it's 2 webforms/pages data?
I am working on the web application for recruiting, I split the application for employment into 2 web forms.  After user compeleted the first web form, he has to click "continue" to go to 2nd page and fill out the application, then click "Submit" to save data and send out application by fax. The question is : what is the appropriate way to save data?  when user click "continue" on first page, should I save it on this stage or what should I do?  because I am thinking that if user didn't submit the form but just exit the page, then how can I roll back all the data that I just s...

data view's filter vs. data adapter's SELECT command
doing objectDataSet.Tables["TableA"].DefaultView.RowFilter = "TableA_ID=" + dropDownListControl.SelectedItem.Value.ToString(); or objectDataAdapter.SelectCommand.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM TableA " + " WHERE TableA_ID =" + dropDownListControl.SelectedItem.Value.ToString(); i thought both statements should represent the same thing, but the second one gave me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error - would be possible just with those pieces of code ...

Convert msword doc's to pdf's asp.net vb.net
HI , I  want to convert 100's of word documents to PDF's .please suggest me any tool which is free of cost..My compnay is not willing to buy any tools.   I would take a look at iTextSharp, it's open source. I am almost 100% positive that it can be done with that, you may have to look around a bit though. If not that then download pdf995 pay some high school student to open every .doc and print to pdf. I am not sure if iTextSharp can convert .docs to pdfs because I think you can only create pdfs with it, but there is probably a way to read in the doc and then...

TB Address Book --> Windows Vista's Windows Calendar's Contacts
I would like to import my Thunderbird Address Book into Vista's Windows Calendar's contacts. Suggestion? CA Handly On 22.03.2008 18:54 � CA Handly� wrote: > I would like to import my Thunderbird Address Book into Vista's Windows > Calendar's contacts. Suggestion? > > CA Handly OK, no problem! You can use CSV or LDIF to export from TB/AB ... what ever MSVista prefers. For importing you should ask the MS gurus ...Think they also have some sort of newsgroup/blog/etc .... ...

Incorrect syntax near '='..Net SqlClient Data Provider
I wud appreciate if somone can go through my code below and help me understand why am I getting this error "Incorrect syntax near '='..Net SqlClient Data Provider  "Private Sub btnLogin_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnLogin.Click Dim con As New SqlConnection("server=localhost; initial catalog=Grey Hounds; integrated security=SSPI")Dim SQLSTR As String = "Select * from EmpLogin where EmpId=@EmpID & Password=@Password" Dim cmd As New SqlCommand(SQLSTR, con)Dim dr As SqlDataReader Dim p1 As Ne...

Web resources about - .NET Data Provider on Window's CE - please help! - sybase.sqlanywhere.general