"option value out of range" error message when using .net

I have an app which reads/writes to a sybase 7.0.4 database. When compiled
using visual C++ v6 it works fine. When I compile under .net, any write to
the database causes a "option value out of range" exception to be thrown
when the recordset is updated. This happens for any write - even if it's to
a simple table of 1 column, regardless of data type. I can't find any
documentation about this error message. Any idea about what it means, or how
to fix it?

0
Bruce

Running the server adding '-zr SQL' will at least show you what
SQL operation and data values are being sent to the server.

"Bruce Bakely" <bruce.bakely@pyxis.com> wrote in message
> I have an app which reads/writes to a sybase 7.0.4 database. When compiled
> using visual C++ v6 it works fine. When I compile under .net, any write to
> the database causes a "option value out of range" exception to be thrown
> when the recordset is updated. This happens for any write - even if it's
> a simple table of 1 column, regardless of data type. I can't find any
> documentation about this error message. Any idea about what it means, or
how
> to fix it?

0
Nick
1/9/2003 9:26:16 PM
I discovered that if I set the vc++ project's character set property to "use
multi-byte character set" instead of "use unicode character set"  and then
build my app, it works, no error. If I have "use unicode character set" then
I get the "option value out of range" error. Unfortunately we need to use
unicode so I'm still not sure what to do about this.

"Nick Elson" <__nospam__ nick.elson@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Running the server adding '-zr SQL' will at least show you what
> SQL operation and data values are being sent to the server.
>
> "Bruce Bakely" <bruce.bakely@pyxis.com> wrote in message
> > I have an app which reads/writes to a sybase 7.0.4 database. When
compiled
> > using visual C++ v6 it works fine. When I compile under .net, any write
> > the database causes a "option value out of range" exception to be thrown
> > when the recordset is updated. This happens for any write - even if it's
> > a simple table of 1 column, regardless of data type. I can't find any
> > documentation about this error message. Any idea about what it means, or
> how
> > to fix it?

0
Bruce

"Use of uninitialized value" error message
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1CAA2.30DFA380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me with the following problem. I am getting the following error message: Use of uninitialized value in string ne at format_imsi_msisdn.pl line 257. line 257 and beyond consist of the following: if ($result_value1 ne " ") { $a= substr($result_value1, 0, 8); $b= substr($result_value1, 8, 2); $c= substr($result_value1, 10, 2); return ($a, $b, $c); } else { return (" &...

How to use "Print" and " Export" option from CrystalReportViewer Interface in Asp .Net
I am new in using CrystalReports with Asp .Net 2.0. I am using previously populated DataSet as the source of Data for CrystalReports. The report appears in the web Form itself, inside a CrystalReportsViewer which is embeded in the web Form. So far, so good. However, when I try to "Print"(or Export)  it by clicking "Print"(or Export)  button appearing as a part of ReportViewer interface, the report simply disappears.(The page is posted back).   Is there any way to handle the event and get the desired result ? Thanks, Vijay       H...

error message
getting persistent error on what used to work. ============================================== Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index Source Error: Line 92: Dim custName As String = CType(e.Item.Cells(3).Controls(0), TextBox).Text "CustName" is 4th column in editable grid dataset - field is varchar why is this an error ????????????????????? You might be calling this with e.ItemType = ListItemType.Header OR =ListItemType.Footer Hard to say mo...

Mail pseudo-error
In a brand new XP system with Netscape 7.1, sending mail (not news) results in the "delivering mail" window, followed soon after by a window headed "Send Message Error" with text "Sending of Message Failed" followed by an indication that the SMTP server refused to handle it. BUT THE MESSAGE *IS* sent successfully! The "delivering message" window ends up saying "Mail sent successfully", with the progress bar still moving because the error message is still there. Closing the error message window closes the "delivering" w...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

Please Add: "Send This Message" to the "Manage Message Filter" options
Anybody know of a way to add the ability in "MANAGE MESSAGE FILTERS" to send a specified message out when a specified event occurs? I would like TB to send my cell phone this message, "new mail" whenever new email arrives. I do not want or need the contents, sender, address, name, size of newly arrived email , Just that it had arrived. I do not need or want to "REPLY" or "FORWARD" the email. I just want TB to send my cell phone a message alerting me to the arrival of new email. I have looked through many addons and plugins, none offe...

Single Quote Error While writing RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", "Value")
Hi Friends, I am facing one problem due to single quote. I am writing underwritten script to close currently opened form and to get those values in another form. ############################################################# strScript as string strscript = " <script> window.opener.document.Form1.txtAddressLocationh2.value='Factory'; window.close(); </script> " Me.RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", strScript) ############################################################# Now if i have value of "Facto'ry" instead o...

"Could Not Load Type" Error Message When You Browse to .aspx Page by Using Visual C# .NET
my application (both WebService and WebApplication) resides in Server, on which .NET Framework 1.1 version installed. on my desktop(where MS Visual Studio.NET 2003 installed) I mapped network drive to the server and open the project and compiled using MS VS.NET. And virtual application properly mapped the WebService folder on the server. And when I tried to access the Web Service, it returns with parser error, stating could not load type namespace.global. I renamed the global.asax file, then it works fine. I just want to know what could be the problem. I have gone through MS KB article(http:...

Enable project "Asp Net Web" to use "Asp net Ajax"
 I have a Project created in "asp.net web" , and I would like to use autocompleteextender. I have added the scriptmanager and "autocompleteextender" to the project, but does not work. When I create a project "asp. Net ajax enabled" this works.    How can I give my first project to work properly? Details: Visual Studio 2005, Framework 2.0  Sorry for my english! Hello weberger, What is the error?  can you show it? Sorry for my english  Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.Marc Rubiño.Blog: h...

"Sent" instead of "Drafts" in error message
I was just composing a message when Internet connection was lost. An error message complained that the message could not be copied to the Sent folder. After some trying, I understood that obviously the Drafts folder was meant. I'm using latest-comm-1.9.1 ... Is there a bug on this yet? I think this should be fixed for release. We're already string-frozen for the next beta, right? :-| Jens M�ller wrote: > I was just composing a message when Internet connection was lost. An > error message complained that the message could not be copied to the > Sent folder. After s...

Use of "page redirect" / "reload"
Name: Michael Turner Product: Firefox Summary: Use of "page redirect" / "reload" - Options Comments: In the TOOLS - OPTIONS - ADVANCED - ACCESSIBILITY is an option to check, or uncheck, whether or not to be notified when Firefox detects a page reload/redirect. When this option is checked, all reloads/redirects (for the most part) are flagged and the user needs to either ALLOW or cancel the notification (bar). When ALLOW is selected the user is usually connected with the page/site desired. Some, but not all, pages/sites, when ALLOW is selected, the Firefox no...

Error: while using "MD5" and "SHA1" algorithms.
Hi, when i tries to insert password other than "ratnesh" and "iaza1234" the error is generated. "incorrect syntax 'i58g9e6c6s31de5s1e2d' "private void butInsert_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {SqlConnection myConn = new SqlConnection("workstation id=JASIM;packet size=4096;user id=ASPNET;data source=JASIM;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Test");  string Encrypt_MD5 = FormsAuthentication.HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile(txtpassword.Text,"MD5"); SqlCommand InCommand = new SqlCommand("CreateUser ...

Use "proxy server" and "Fastpath" option
Shaun, another point that isn't clear for me in the admin guide.. We have one PUS in our HQ which is doing subscription updates and which serves to schedule deployments and every other administrative task. In every location where we have bigger offices and user counts we have set up a "cache server" (patchlink distribution point). At the moment we set our main PUS as PUS settting for the agent and we use the "use proxy" option to set the "local" cache server. I think the fastpath server option is new...as we have many mobility users..wou...

Web resources about - "option value out of range" error message when using .net - sybase.sqlanywhere.general