-189 Unable to find in index 'XXX' for table 'XXX'

We are using the Sybase SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.4339 in a
healthcare environment.
Recently a very critical problem arised at a customer
system.
The database reported a missing index entry.
  Error: General error: Unable to find in index 'XXX' for
table 'XXX'
  NativeError: State:S1000,Native:-189,Origin:[Sybase][ODBC
Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]
The validation tool dbvalid reported:
  Foreign key "XXX" has missing index entries.
A database rebuild did repair the corrupt index.
But the root cause, how the index got corrupted is not found
yet.

Within our test environment this problem cannot be
reproduced until now.

The problem arised on two different customer databases
within the same timeframe.
On each database two indices got corrupt.

Q1: What is the cause that an entry in an index gets lost ?
Q2: How can this be prevented ?

Further background:
Both indices are foreign keys.
They have rolenames that are used also by other foreign keys
in other tables but referencing the same table.
The uniqueness of the rolename is only forced per table.

Q3: Can those rolenames cause that entries in indices get
lost ?
Q4: What can we do to prevent the customer from getting into
that situation ?

The database having the corrupt index is available for
futher tests.

Are there any hints regarding this problem?
Thanks.
0
Martin

Sorry, wrong version!

It's Sybase SQL Anywhere 8.0.2.4339.
0
Martin

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

General Error: Unable to find in index 'index_description' for table 'ZZZ'
Does anyone know what can cause this error? For some reason we have been getting these errors lately, seeming spontaneously. There have been no updates or anything that correspond with several occurances of this issue. Sybase SQL Anywhere 7. what does dbvalid tell you? -- /steve Stephen Rice Sybase iAnywhere <Jeff Conrad> wrote in message news:46114cda.4764.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does anyone know what can cause this error? For some reason > we have been getting these errors lately, seeming > spontaneously. There have been no updates or anything that ...

Error: Unable to find in index 'A' for table 'B'
Hello, I have a problem in a trigger. In this trigger I need to delete some info in another table: alter trigger Delete_Entity before delete order 1 on "DBA".dia_Info referencing old as old_Dia_Info for each row begin delete from XPOL where XPOL.id=Old_Dia_info.IdXpol end I get an odbc error saying: UNABLE TO FIND IN INDEX 'XPOL' FOR TABLE 'DIA_INFO' The SQL Code is -189. The docs say this is an internal error. I am not able to work around it. What should I do? Thanks for your help. - Ed Run DBVALID. Try deleting the index. Try de...

Unable to find in index '%1' for table '%2' What is the cause
Hi, Recently I recieve many complaints from customers that they get this error. Unable to find in index '%1' for table '%2' This is what sybase has to say: Probable cause This is an internal error and should be reported to Sybase technical support. You should be able to work around the error by dropping and recreating the index. Does somebody know , waht causes this en how to solve this problem in a better and mor consistent way. thanks in advannce, Paul Dohmen Ontarget NL The best defense against internal errors is applying ...

Occaisonal Build problems (type 'xxx' exists in both 'yyy.dll' and 'xxx.dll')?
Hello: Been working with Express for about 2 months now -- and it generally works fine -- but I occaisonally get this error message when I rebuild projects to rerun it: ------ Rebuild All started: Project: http://localhost/TestIV/, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ Build Web Beginning D:\DEV\DEV_NET\CS\SITES\TestIV\portal.aspx(9,31): error CS0433: The type 'ASP.Portal' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\2bc5e680\fdf16dd9\f3iai7un.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\...

Update unable to find TableMapping['Table'] or DataTable 'Table'
hi! i got the following error message while trying to update an access db: Update unable to find TableMapping['Table'] or DataTable 'Table' i have the following code in my application: IDbDataAdapter yadAdapter = new OleDbDataAdapter(); OleDbCommand yadCommand = new OleDbCommand(); yadCommand.Connection = new OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA Source=c:/inetpub/wwwroot/yad/Data/ASPNetDB.mdb"); yadAdapter.TableMappings.Clear(); yadAdapter.TableMappings.Add("NV", nvTable.ToString()); yadAdapter.TableMappings.Add("FV",...

Could not find control 'xxx' in ControlParameter 'yyy'

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

value of type 'XXX' cannot be converted to type 'XXX'
 I've had this issue with VS2008 lately that is driving me crazy.  I have a website where I built a class that does all my Web Service interaction.  This class returns instances of Web Service proxies, or list of the same.  In my web page I'll create a temporary variable (Dim - I'm using VB) with the same type that my service class is going to return.  When I assign my variable to the return of the method, I'm getting a message similar to the following"Value of type 'Namespace.Foo' cannot be converted to type 'Namespace.Foo'. ...

'''

Bugizilla 4.4.8 : There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla-daemon@xxx.xxx.x.xxx' to 'mail-id@domain': Couldn't authenticate 'mail-id@gmail.com:...'
Dear All, I had configured Bugizilla 4.4.8 almost 8 months back for our internal purpose and was working fine all these days. Today morning it started giving the following error when I try to login as administrator. -----ERROR----------------------------------------------- An unexpected error occurred. This could be a temporary problem, or some code is behaving incorrectly. If this problem persists, please email this page to mail-d@domain with details of what you were doing at the time this message appeared. URL: http://192.168.0.138/complaints/index.cgi There was an error ...

'or' or 'union'

Web resources about - -189 Unable to find in index 'XXX' for table 'XXX' - sybase.sqlanywhere.general