Visit SQLA! ...the new SQL Anywhere online community

This is an open invitation to all SQL Anywhere newsgroup users to
visit the new Web 2.0 site called SQLA:

   http://sqla.stackexchange.com

SQLA is for new SQL Anywhere users, enthusiasts and experts alike. It
runs on the Question and Answer software originally made famous by
StackOverflow.com.

SQLA isn't the same as StackOverflow, however. SQLA is a new
community, devoted to SQL Anywhere and everything that comes "in the
box", and it is completely separate from StackOverflow.

To find out more, try it for yourself, and check out the Frequently
Asked Questions:

   http://sqla.stackexchange.com/faq

In particular...

   What makes SQLA different from the newsgroups?

      http://sqla.stackexchange.com/faq#differences

   How do I carry on a discussion?

      http://sqla.stackexchange.com/faq#discussion

--
Breck Carter - Blog: http://sqlanywhere.blogspot.com/

SQLA questions and answers: http://sqla.stackexchange.com

RisingRoad helps SQL Anywhere developers make better databases
http://www.risingroad.com/
Breck.Carter at gmail
0
Breck
3/8/2010 6:29:50 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

New to Sql Anywhere 7.
Hi, This is a very easy question. I am trying to connect to a remote machine using Interactive SQL. My question is as follows; Where do I specify the remote machine's IP address and what is the correct syntax for doing so. Any help is greatly appreciated! For my purposes, i do need to specify a ip address. In the ODBC Config for Adaptive Server 7 under the Network tab there is a box for TCP/IP what would be the correct syntax to enter the adress. i have "HOST=1.2.3.4:2030" and it's not working. "Chris Keating" <keating@sybase.com> ...

New version of SQL Anywhere?
I would really appreciate if you can help me, or forward this mesage to someone who can help me, regarding a problem opening databases in PowerBuilder 5.0 Professional. Dear sir: My name is Eduardo Olvera, and I'm the Teaching Assistant of the Power Builder Develpment Course given in ASU (Arizona State University). As the TA of this class, every single day I've got students asking questions about problems trying to connect to their databases. I've spent like 12 hours trying to figure out why some of them were able to open their databases back home, but I wasn't able ...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

Web resources about - Visit SQLA! ...the new SQL Anywhere online community - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

Planting of vegetables on nature strips divides community councils
Planning regulations for use of nature strips may soon be relaxed, but the ACT's community councils say there are several issues - such as access, ...

Top politicians get festive with community for Christmas
Australia's top politicians did their bit to spread some good cheer among the community on Christmas Day.

The house is gone, but a community remains
Evacuated to Apollo Bay from Wye River, Age Editor-in-Chief Andrew Holden spent a day wondering if his family's cherished holiday home had survived ...

Great Ocean Road fires: Devastation leads to outpouring of community spirit
The devastation along the Great Ocean Road leads to an outpouring of support from the wider community.

New refugees meet members of Winnipeg Syrian community at holiday event
Winnipeg's Syrian community hosted a welcoming party for refugees Sunday night.

Open-source community mourns Debian creator Ian Murdock
LinkedIn Debian founder Ian Murdock, was most recently a member of Docker's technical staff. The open source community was stunned this week ...

Curry talks on instilling values of community outreach to his family
... Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Curry talks on instilling values of community outreach ...