UPDATE without SET, or SET = DEFAULT

An UPDATE with no SET clause would still update the DEFAULT LAST USER
and DEFAULT TIMESTAMP columns in the row(s).

Or allow SET = DEFAULT, same effect.

Breck
bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
-----
Visit http://www.risingroad.com for Tips and Techniques
[TeamSybase]
0
Breck
9/12/2002 10:55:01 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Set default settings for new users
I don't know if this is even possible, but here goes. I have about 5 users for our desktop computer, 1 adult, 3 kids and me (I don't count as an adult :P). There are some settings I want to have each of the environments default to, where they can then change them as they wish on their own. Instead of setting them one-at-a-time, is there a way to modify the settings on the template of what goes into a user's /home directory when they are created? Examples: Set it so when I add a person to the system their - default browser is set to Firefox - starting home ...

save settings // import settings // export settings
Name: miguel mayol Email: mitcoes_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: save settings // import settings // export settings Comments: I've just have a stack overflow problem in one of the computers of my office with internet explorer. The other ones, does work with our provider web site ok. But Firefox and Opera does work OK ata all the computers with this site, with problems of bad reading of contents at some pages (I supose becouse of MS HTML non compatible isues). If IE would have export // import settings, probably I've solved all the problems, but I would...

Set LoadingText property without setting PromptText
Is it possible to set the LoadingText property without setting a PromptText property? When I try to do this, it leaves my control disabled, albeit populated. How can I fix this? Or am I overlooking something? Seems to be an issue. One option is to have defaults for those properties; the control should not be disabled and you should be able to choose a value. On the demo page it selects the first value of the car if Prompt text is not specified and cascades the choices so that you see the corresponding choices in the next drop down but when you hit submit it says you need to select a make. ...

Settings Spec Update: Personalization and Settings List
Hi everyone, A couple of minor/housekeeping updates to the Settings App. 1. Settings List http://people.mozilla.com/~lco/Settings_B2G/Release_1_Specs/R1_Settings%20App%20and%20Quick%20Settings_v3.pdf - I just made sure the list was up-to-date with changes that have been made / are occurring in other documents. - Patryk: check out new categories which we may need icons for: Display, Accessibility, Privacy Rights (I can explain what this is directly... it's a new page that Legal is putting together and I'll have UI for soon) 2. Personalization Settings http://people.mo...

Set Environment setting
I call the following function in my application, but it does not seem to take effect in the program until I exit and execute the program again. The change however is done when viewing it in Windows environment variables. But not instantly in the program. How do I fix this? procedure SetUserEnvironmentVariable(const name, value: string); var rv: DWORD; begin with TRegistry.Create do try RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER; OpenKey('Environment', False); WriteString(name, value); SendMessageTimeout(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SETTINGCHANGE, 0, LParam (PChar...

YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!!
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!! Comments: I AM VERY, VERY UNHAPPY THAT YOUR UM-ANNOUNCED DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER DHANGES MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!! ENOUGH SO... THAT IF / WHEN IF HAPPENS AGAIN? I WILL PERMANENTLY SWITCH TO ANOTHER BROWSER!! WHAT IS PARTICULARLY GALLING IS HAT I HAVE CONVINCED DOZENS OF FRIENDS TO FIREFOX! STOP ^%$^*%$& WITH MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to...

Settings.Settings file
Settings.Design.cs file defaultInstance returns the localhost url instead of remote machine url. The webservice is hosted in remote machine so that the defaultinstance should be returns remote machine url but instead of it returns localhost url. The solution caches the settings somewhere in the physical path? Please anyone know the solution let me know. Thanks. The Settings.designer.cs file is the automatically-generated settings that you edit in the Settings.settings file. You should edit the value using the settings editor, not in the .cs file. To do that, double-click on the settings.s...

Set International Settings
I can't modify the International Settings, 'sthousand' and 'sdecimal', on windows 95. I have use 2 methods to do it, and with no results. I put this code in the event OPEN of the application : RegistrySet("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control panel\International","sDecimal", ",") RegistrySet("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control panel\International","sThousand", ".") ...and SetProfileString("c:\windows\WIN.INI", "intl", "sThousand",'"."') SetProfilestring("c:\windows\...

setting a character set
HiIn a security book i'm reading it says i should always set a character set for a web pagee.g. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />How do i do this?Is this characeter set achieved by the following in the web.config or do i need to do something else <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />Thanks a lotandrea...

"confirm cookie settings" default setting.
Name: John Berek Email: anointed4u2atverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: "confirm cookie settings" default setting. Comments: in the "confirm cookie setting" box, how do you set this to default to "deny" the cookie so that typing will not "allow" a cookie by accident but will deny it by default. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Connection Setting re-sets to default every boot
FF 20012 I use Privoxy which means I use the "Manual proxy configuration". [ Options -> Advanced-> Network-> Connection-> Settings-> Manual proxy configuration ] Every time I (re)boot, the Connection Setting reverts back to the default "Direct Connection to the Internet". How do I stop this from happening ? bilm bilm schreef: > FF 20012 > > I use Privoxy which means I use the "Manual proxy configuration". > [ Options -> Advanced-> Network-> Connection-> Settings-> > Manual proxy co...

Why is the default ssh setting set to allow root login?
The question comes up because even in the support 'database' (http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configure_openSSH#Limit_by_Hosts) it is advised to set AllowRootLogin to NO. So.....why it is set to yes as default (which is then insecure if I well understood). And why is ssh not deactivated by default, so user have to opt in, if they do not use it, it is already set to save defaults. The same is for X11 forwarding that I would have expected be on default to no. Is there a logic that escapes me? Thank you. I would like also to restrikt the usage of "su" as mentioned in the s...

Set 2 variables equil without setting reference
Hello.  I have 2 instances of a class object. One holds the data retreived from the database (it's a silverlight project) and the other holds the updated information as the user enters data into the form.  The problem I'm experiencing is when I update the hold variable, with the fresh data, the variables are setting instance equality instead of just updating the variables.  Is there some way that I can set class object value equality at a highlevel such as obj1 = obj2 or do I have to go into each elemental level such as obj1.person.name = obj2.person.name? Thanks,Vinn...

Mail settings
It's pretty annoying having to setup the Mail Profile every time the user logs into the system. Is there a way to set these values up in the opening script of an application without prompting the Profile Manager. These values are all held within our user tables. Notes. We're not interested in setting up permanent users accounts at this stage. PS. A normal user wouldn't have a clue what the server address is. Thanks Michael ...

Web resources about - UPDATE without SET, or SET = DEFAULT - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Twitter responds to Brussels police request for 'radio silence' with kittens
With the evolving technological wonders available to Internet users, authorities have increasingly had to ask users, sharing information across ...

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Abrams Reveals New Super Weapon As New Rumors Swirl On Who Dies Next
With only 31 days to go until the premiere of the new Star Wars movie The Force Awakens , director J. J. Abrams revealed a new piece in the new ...

David Vitter’s loss in Louisiana isn’t an upset
Unsurprising. David Vitter’s loss in Louisiana isn’t as shocking as the media want to make it out. Reuters proclaimed last night’s win by Jack ...

Southwest Flight Headed to LAX Is Diverted Due to Passengers’ Suspicious Behavior: FBI
Three people were being questioned after suspicious behavior from passengers on board a Southwest Airlines flight headed to LAX prompted it to ...

Ko takes LPGA awards as Kerr wins Tour Championship
New Zealand teen Lydia Ko edged South Korean Park In-Bee for LPGA Player of the Year and season points honors Sunday while American Cristie Kerr ...

Obama Says He Won’t Relent in Fight Against ISIS Amid Questions About Intelligence Reports
The president was responding to a New York Times report on a Pentagon investigation into whether intelligence reports overstated military progress ...

Jason Hatcher Accuses Officials of Making Bad Calls Against Washington Redskins Because of Their Nickname ...
MUST WATCH- #Redskins Jason Hatcher on his frustration with refs & how it feels personal because of the team’s name pic.twitter.com/lswvyP5FW4 ...

‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ is a Smash Hit, So Why the Disappointment?
The final film in the “Hunger Games” series debuted to numbers that few pictures in history have ever enjoyed, but not everyone seems impressed. ...

Cruz Releases New Ad Challenging Obama to Syrian Refugee Debate
"Obama is serving as an apologist for radical Islamic terrorism"