SQL Anywhere 12 aka Innsbruck

I am looking for a web site with information of the new features of SQL
Anywhere 12. :-)

Thanks
Markus

0
Markus
11/26/2009 7:35:48 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SA 12 is not even in beta yet, and we've made no announcements about the
new features. If you do find such a website, it's likely just
speculation. If it's not, please let us know because it means that
someone has broken their NDA. :-)

Graeme Perrow
Senior Software Developer
gperrow _at_ ianywhere _dot_ com
Sybase iAnywhere Engineering

SQL Anywhere Developer Community
    http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
SQL Anywhere Blog Center
    http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs

Markus KARG wrote:
> I am looking for a web site with information of the new features of SQL
> Anywhere 12. :-)
>
> Thanks
> Markus

0
Graeme
11/26/2009 2:40:36 PM
Graeme Perrow [Sybase iAnywhere] wrote:
> SA 12 is not even in beta yet, and we've made no announcements about the
> new features. If you do find such a website, it's likely just
> speculation. If it's not, please let us know because it means that
> someone has broken their NDA. :-)

Well, just you before letting iAnywhere know let me know:)

Volker
0
Volker
11/26/2009 4:41:43 PM
Markus - the Innsbruck beta was just released this past Friday (December
18th). You can register for it at:
http://marketing.ianywhere.com/forms/sqlanywhereinnsbruckbeta

Regards,
Mike

"Markus KARG" <karg@quipsy.de> wrote in message
>I am looking for a web site with information of the new features of SQL
>Anywhere 12. :-)
>
> Thanks
> Markus

0
Mike

SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio.
Hello, I will want understand the history of the products names SQL Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Is an evolution of same product? Previously these exists Sybase SQL Server? Sybase SQL Server is the product what has been involved in project with Microsoft, what result in MS SQL Server? Thanks very much. Renato Cramer. <Renato Cramer> wrote: > I will want understand the history of the products names SQL > Anywhere, ASA and SQL Anywhere Studio. Watcom SQL -> Sybase SQL Anywhere -> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere. > Is an evolution of sa...

any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio
Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? Thanks. >Is there any difference between sql anywhere and sql anywhere studio? The answer depends upon the context of the question. Years ago, "sql anywhere" referred to the DBMS that is now known as Adaptive Server Anywhere. Now, "sql anywhere" can mean a general reference to a set of products that includes ASA, as well as some other things. "sql anywhere studio" is a particular bundling of these products. Still, sometimes when people refer to "sql anywhere" t...

SQL Anywhere 9 / SQL Anywhere 11
Sybase 9.0.2.3534 Using Mobilink we are looking to synchronize a SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534 db with a SQL Anywhere 11 consolidated db, are there certain arguments I need to add to the server and client execution lines? Also, will SQL Anywhere 9 db work with SQL Anywhere 11 db via Remote Servers? Are there special parameters required? Thanks To synchronize a 9.0.2 client with an 11.0.1 MobiLink server you will need to use the -xo switch. -xo switch: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/mlserver_en11/ml-syncserver-xo.html The remainder of the MobiLink switches will be specif...

SQL Anywhere 12
Is SQL Anywhere 12 ready for primetime? If no, when is the expected delivery date? The SQL Anywhere 12 beta is currently open: http://www.sybase.com/innsbruckbeta Registering for the beta will provide you the software to review and test. This includes documentations and feature lists. SQL Anywhere 12 will be released later this year. There is a Top 12 Cool New Features paper that is currently being developed. Information will be provided to the beta about this paper. -- Joshua Savill Sybase Inc. - Product Manager Herman Miller wrote: > Is SQL Anywhere 12 ready for p...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 8 to SQL Anywhere 11. I am using the "Unload" wizard in Sybase Central. I am choosing the option "Unload and reload into a new database." After following the wizard, the new database does get created BUT it won't load the structure and data from the old database into the newly created database. I get a *** User Authentication Failed *** message. Any ideas? Thank you, Rommel Rommel, I assume you're using the OEM version of our v11 software? In this scenario, the message means that you're running a non-auth...

Having SQL Anywhere 10 and SQL Anywhere 11 on the same machine
Hi Everyone, I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer running SQL Anywhere 11. This means I need to run both versions. I do not have the luxury of running multiple VMs on my laptop. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience on how to do this? Appreciate if any info can be shared! Thanks! YM. In article <e486d794-5fa5-4ae4-9f7b- d5e43689608a@w6g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, yusuf.mai@gmail.com says... > Hi Everyone, > > I have one customer that runs SQL Anywhere 10 and another customer > running SQL Anywhere 11. This mean...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

SQL Anywhere 12.1
Hi, When is SQL Anywhere 12.1 scheduled for release? Thanks, Shao Shao, We are targeting Q1 2011. -- Josh Savill Sybase An SAP Company - Product Manager On 11/10/2010 8:34 AM, Shao Chan wrote: > Hi, > > When is SQL Anywhere 12.1 scheduled for release? > > Thanks, > > Shao > > Hi Josh. Good stuff. Thanks for that. Cheers, Shao "Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]" <no_spam_jsavill_no_spam@sybase.com> wrote in message news:4cdabeef$1@forums-1-dub... > Shao, > > We are targeting Q1 201...

SQL Anywhere 12 #2
What is the status of SQL Anywhere 12? There's alread a thread with the same topic in this newsgroup. Cited from there: The SQL Anywhere 12 beta is currently open: http://www.sybase.com/innsbruckbeta Registering for the beta will provide you the software to review and test. This includes documentations and feature lists. SQL Anywhere 12 will be released later this year. There is a Top 12 Cool New Features paper that is currently being developed. Information will be provided to the beta about this paper. There are some hints that SQLA 12 will available in the second ...

Conversion from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7
Hello All, If I start a database SQL Anywhere 5 with dbsrv8 and start Sybase Central (8) I can choose for a conversion of database to version 8. Can I proceed of the mode same for convert from SQL Anywhere 5 to SQL Anywhere Studio 7? Thanks in advance. A good day for all. Renato Cramer renato@domsis.com.br Yes, that's the right approach... when upgrading from version X to Y, use only version Y software (dbsrv, dbunload, dbisql, etc). That only applies up to Y = 9 (newsgroup messages live forever, and eventually folks will be looking for tips about converting to 10 w...

Upgrade from SQL Anywhere 9.02 to SQL Anywhere 10
Hello, This is my first question asked in this forum. I have been developed both Window and ASP.Net applications using Visual studio 2003 with C#.Net. It still uses .Net 1.1 with SQL Anywhere 9.02. Products need to be released for beta test very soon. I would like to use 'ClearPool' for database connection which I can remove a specific connection from .Net connection pool when I use the connection string as POOLING=TRUE. I cannot do this in .Net 1.1 and SQL Anywhere 9.02. I believe that this feature just added into .Net 2.0 and SQL Anywhere 10. I am using .Net Data ...

How to connect to SQL Anywhere 12
I just installed SQL Anywhere 12 (developper edition) on my Windows Vista 64 bit. I installed the 64 bit version. I tested the odbc (64 bit) and it works fine but when I run the application I get this error message: Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified... which I think I get because powerbuilder tries to connect using the 32 bit version. How can I tell powerbuilder to use the 64 bit driver instead of the 32 bit which is not installed? thanks Steph You have to use the 32 Bit SQL Anywhere version to connect localy. Arthur Steph wrote: &g...

Uninstalling SQL Anywhere 12
I installed SQL Anywhere 12 today on a Windwos 2008 (64bit) machine and the applied the ony EBF available. I realized I had to install 32bit components as well to use Visual Studio with this. I tried to run the setup again and got a error: "A later version of "SQL Anywhere 12" is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue". SO the only way to out was to uninstall the SQL Anywhere 12 from the machine. Then it gave the following error 1723:There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could n...

SQL Anywhere 12 bug
I have SQL Anywhere 12 (64bit) installed on Windows 2008 Server. It time to time log this message. I used the default install with latest EBF. I am not interested Ultralight anyway. No Visual Studio installations on the server. --------------------------------------------------------------- Product UltraLite.NET Visual Studio Installer Problem APPCRASH Date 10/26/2010 10:15 AM Status Not Reported Description Stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: installULNet.exe Application Version: 12.0.0.2589 Application Timestamp:...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 12 aka Innsbruck - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

University of Innsbruck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In 1562, a Jesuit grammar school was established in Innsbruck, ...

Innsbruck Travel: the City & the Alps on the App Store on iTunes
Get Innsbruck Travel: the City & the Alps on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Former Miss Austria Ena Kadic dies after falling off mountain while jogging near Innsbruck
A former Miss Austria beauty queen has died after falling off a mountain while jogging.

Price Drop: Innsbruck travel guide – tripwolf
Innsbruck travel guide – tripwolf 2.6 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Travel Price: Free, Version: 2.6 ( iTunes ) Description: Discover the highlights ...

iOS 7 'Innsbruck' copies... Windows Metro? Here's why fanbois may hate it...
Sir Jony Ive 'invents' the Windows 8 UI. Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is rumored to be readying a radical iOS 7 update. Well, radical if you've never ...

Innsbruck by night time lapse
... Christoph Malin — part of The World At Night , which is making people aware of the beauty of the night sky — spent eight months in Innsbruck, ...

Innsbruck by night time lapse - Bad Astronomy - Discover Magazine
... Christoph Malin part of The World At Night, which is making people aware of the beauty of the night sky spent eight months in Innsbruck, Aust ...

2012 Youth Olympics Begin In Innsbruck, Austria!
INNSBRUCK, Austria The inaugural Winter Youth Olympic Games got underway on Friday with an opening ceremony featuring classic and modern dance, ...

Innsbruck Journal; A National Church Faces a Challenge From Within
For most of this year, a quiet insurgency has been building among Austrian Catholics, prompted by doctrinal differences with the Vatican and ...

Levi's CEO Chip Bergh tells Fortune people shouldn't wash their jeans: University of Innsbruck microbiologists ...
This post first appeared on Business Insider. BI Answers: Does not washing your jeans pose a health risk? To wash or not to wash? The long-running ...