Link the "Referenced By" and "Foreign Key" folders in SC

This drives me nuts.  When I need to see all the tables that reference a
given "parent" table, the "Referenced By" folder is a life-saver.  However,
the next thing I *always* want to see is the details of the foreign key
definition.
"Jeez, is that a Cascade Delete or a Restrict?  I can't remember"..   I've
got to navigate to the Foreign Keys folder of the referencing table to see
that detail.  With hundreds of tables in our model, this is really getting
nasty.

Either let me see the foreign key details (columns and integrity, and
view-only would be fine) somewhere in the Referenced By folder, or give me a
right-click "jump to" menu option that takes me to the foreign key folder of
the referencing table.

BTW, I'm still using the C++ ASA plugin.  I don't know if this is any better
or worse in the java version...

--
Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

0
Paul
2/14/2002 3:12:41 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I concur!

I too come up short everytime I look at references.

Unfortunately Paul the Java version (even in 8.0.0)
is no different in this reguard. It only allows you to
pull up the table properties for the referencing table.

By the way Paul,  the vers. 8 SCJView does seem
pretty snappy and the new features are definitely
worth the look (if not the comnplete switch).

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> This drives me nuts.  When I need to see all the tables that reference a
> given "parent" table, the "Referenced By" folder is a life-saver.
However,
> the next thing I *always* want to see is the details of the foreign key
> definition.
> "Jeez, is that a Cascade Delete or a Restrict?  I can't remember"..   I've
> got to navigate to the Foreign Keys folder of the referencing table to see
> that detail.  With hundreds of tables in our model, this is really getting
> nasty.
>
> Either let me see the foreign key details (columns and integrity, and
> view-only would be fine) somewhere in the Referenced By folder, or give me
> right-click "jump to" menu option that takes me to the foreign key folder
of
> the referencing table.
>
> BTW, I'm still using the C++ ASA plugin.  I don't know if this is any
better
> or worse in the java version...
>
> --
> Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]