Format function (convert ) for numeric

set similar function of powerbuilder string for edit (formatting) numeric
data

ex:
string(123444.18,'#,##0") = 123,444
or
string(-123444.18,'($#,##0)")
= ($123,444)

thanks

0
Adalberto
2/2/1999 1:46:31 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using CONVERT function to convert NUMERIC to VARCHAR
I am creating a trigger on a table where 2 columns are defined as numeric. This trigger captures the data and inserts it into another table where I want to combine the numeric data with a statement. I've tried using the CONVERT function, but it is giving me a mis-matched token error. I've looked through the documentation online, but it is not really helping me or I'm not understanding correctly. I've pasted a snippet of what I'm trying to do without using the CONVERT function. **user_level and region_id are the numeric values** select @whatchanged = case ...

Numeric Formatting Function
Greetings All: I have looked through the help but can't seem to find a function that returns a numeric value formatted as a string and using a user-supplied mask. In other languages, the equivalent would be FormatNumber( 2000.00, "999,999,999.99" ) or something similar. How do you do it in SQLA? Thanks in advance. SJS There is no such functionality in ASA (or in ANSI SQL AFAIK). This kind of localization should be done on the client since it must deal with all of the other localization issues as well. -- /steve Stephen Rice Technical Services ...

Convert formatted string to numeric?
Hi, All I have a datagrid with TemplateColumn as following. Notice the "{0:c}" format the price as $8.90 for 8.90 and  ($7.8) for -7.8     <ItemTemplate>        <asp:Label id=lblPrice runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.price","{0:c}") %>'>        </asp:Label>       </ItemTemplate> on the backend C# code: I need to get the price and do some calculation decPrice = decimal.Parse(lblPrice.Tex...

How To Format Decimal Numeric and Numeric
Hi All!In my Price column I have 2 types numeric: Whole Number and Decimal number. Now I want to write Expression To do: If Whole number I will Format as ###,###,###, else format ###,###,###.000.I have written an Expression as :  iif(format(Fields!Price.Value,"###,###,###") <> Fields!Price.Value,format(Fields!Price.Value,"###,###,###.000"),format(Fields!Price.Value,"###,###,###"))But have error when it have 0 value. Please help me fix this proble  or some solution to do it. Thanks  try with thisiif((Fields!Price.Value <> 0),format(Fi...

Convert Currency Formatted Text string to numeric
Thanks for all the help in the past. I am stuck with this problem. I have a text box that displays a dollars amount (txt_dollar_amount.Text is $123,567.00). I want to be able to strip the dollar sign and commas (txt_dollar_amount.Text is 123567.00), so that I can update the information into the database. Is there a simple function I can run? I remember back in VB6 you could do a FormatNumber("$123,456.78", 2) and it would return 123456.78 as a string (which you could then convert to any other numeric data type. I haven't tried this in VB.NET as of yet, so you may want t...

Help with Function
Here's a good one. I've been using an Excel spreadsheet for the past couple of years to calculate a file's Estimated Download Time based off of a solid 50kbs connection (dial up). This is for a downloads page such as: http://www.drpt.virginia.gov/downloads/selectedcat.aspx?ID=12 The formula is basically this: =(((C4*1000*8)/50000)/84600)*1.1 (Estimate is calculated on a modem dial up connection of 50Kbs and transfer loss of 10% due to the modulation and demodulation that modems must perform with a dial up connection.) "C4" would be where I plug in the KB size such ...

Converting from String format to date format.
I am inputting dates on a webform using a textbox. This leaves the date in string format. I want to store the date in the database as a Date format. Does anyone know how to convert the Date from String to Date format?thanks,macca Why not use the Cdate(textbox1.text) ?My Regards to All,Jason -- O-H-I-O Go Buckeyes! #1--- LIVESTRONG.ORG --- Please support the battle against cancer! Hi macca,The best approach will depend on the format that you require for the dates. Certainly the easiest format would be based on the CurrentCulture ShortDate format (M/d/yyyy for en-US). If the required date ...

converting Genbank format in gff format

How can i Convert html format to PDF format?
How Can I convert html page to PDF format in ASP.net using C#? Anyone can help me? There are many component avaliable in internet.Try this.   http://www.tallcomponents.com/Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.Happy Coding Pradeep I want the free source can u suggest me  I downloaded if for free.Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.Happy Coding Pradeep Hi,You can convert the HTML into PDF by using HTMLDOC. Here is the code for it.Use this code,Do some modification in this code f...

How to Convert string format data in to binary Format
hai Everyone i am getting  value from string  but i unable to get it from binary.so plz tell me how to convert string format to binary Format public static byte[] ConvertStringToByteArray(string stringToConvert) {     return (new UnicodeEncoding()).GetBytes(stringToConvert); }James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD...

Not Converted: wmv to flv file format convertion
Hai all, In my application i am using the code below i mentioned. But it couldn't converted into flv format and its not saved into specified path .Can any one help me to do this using c#. Process ffmpeg,hai;string video; string mpg;video = Page.MapPath("new clip_04.wmv"); mpg = Page.MapPath("") + "\\video.flv";ffmpeg = new Process(); ffmpeg.StartInfo.Arguments = " -i " + video + " -s 480*360 -deinterlace -ab 32 -r 15 -ar 22050 -ac 1 " + mpg;ffmpeg.StartInfo.FileName = Page.MapPath("ffmpeg.exe"); ffmpeg...

Question : Convert .psr format to .pdf format
Hi All, Does anyone know that .psr format can convert to .pdf format or not? If it does, how to do it? Thanks Pip One way to do it is read the PSR into a datastore and print to a PDF document using PDF Writer or any other tool producing PDF files. /MicK Michael Kramer, SPS Danmark "Pip" <pip@digitaldream.com.hk> wrote in message news:45ukI7xdBHA.330@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All, > > Does anyone know that .psr format can convert to .pdf format or not? If it > does, how to do it? > > Thanks > Pip > > Where can...

Format numeric value to "##,###.00" format.
how can i format a numeric value to a format with "," for thousands.. and 2 decimal places...  I tried String.Format("{0:N2}", value)... and String.Format("{0:F2}", value) but its not right... either thousands "," is not showing.. or no decimal places.Alvin ShihSoftware DeveloperMCP MCTS MCPD String.Format("{0:#,###.##}", Number); or String.Format("{0:#,###.00}", Number); depending on ur need  Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  You can use this  String.Format "###...

Convert .NET DateTime format to SQL DateTime format
Hi!!I'd like to know if there is a function to convert the DateTime format used in C# (VS2005) : dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss to the format used in SQL Databases: yyyymmdd HH:mm:ssThanks folks!...

Web resources about - Format function (convert ) for numeric - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
Bad habits early in life may affect brain power later, researchers suggest.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Learning F# – Passing Parameters to Functions
One of the first issues I faced when learning F# was finding out how to specify multiple parameters to a function. While this might sound obvious ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

1964 Archival Footage of British Soldiers Under the Effects of LSD Losing the Ability to Properly Function ...
1964 archival footage of British soldiers being given LSD-25 while training the the field. Over time they lost their ability to properly function, ...