DTD validation

Add built in function for validating XML documents against DTD definition.
Sometimes it would be really useful to validate the structure of XML before storing it in a database.
0
LM
11/16/2010 2:41:32 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DTD Validation: Finding path to DTD

How to validate .xml-file against a DTD in a separate .dtd-file?
I have two files: an .xml file and a .dtd-file. I want to implement a simple validation of an .xml-file against the .dtd-file: I want to check wether XML is valid or not. But how to do it without specifying the location of the .dtd-file in the .xml-file?  How do you plan on telling the parser where to find  the DTD that it needs to do the validation? If I was helpful, please mark "answered" so I can get credit. Thanks! For example, I've got a response from a web service. I load it into the XmlDocument. What should I do next to validate that response against a...

Validator.Validate() ?
Hello guys,When I created a function to do custom validation I tried to use RegularExpressionValidator.Validate(). My code: 1 protected void EvaluateNewGateWay(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) 2 { 3 if (chBoxNewGW.Checked) 4 { 5 RegularExpressionValidator rev = new RegularExpressionValidator(); 6 rev.ErrorMessage = "REV Error"; 7 rev.ControlToValidate = "txtNewGW"; 8 rev.ValidationExpression = "http(s)?://([\\w-]+\\.)+[\\w-]+(/[\\w- ./?%&=]*)?"; 9 rev.Tex...

Validators not Validating

To validate or not to validate
Hey people! Here is my situation - I've created a dynamic data website with one table. The fields of this table are mostly varchar() not NULL, and all fields are defined with default value. When trying to insert new row with empty values I get required validation on all fields. What would be the best way to enable this validation only on some of these fields, while using default values for the others? For example empty string for varchar or 0 for int, etc Thanks Michael no in this case it will be add what error its return when u add. .Net DeveloperWeb Site Design and W...

W3C Validators... Custom DTD? Because ASP.NET controls will not validate...
Hello: For some time now I have stopped using the W3C html validators due to the fact that many ASP.NET controls do not stick with one DTD type strict, transitional etc.. So it seems like I would need to create a custom DTD for this... http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/customdtd.html Line 327, column 59: value of attribute "ID" invalid: "_" cannot start a name <form name="_ctl0" method="post" action="Default.aspx" id="_ctl0"> ASP.NET renders most IDs and Names with starting '_' that is not recognized... H...

Page.Validate() not validating custom validators
Hi,when i call Page.Validate("myGroup") The custom validators in the validation group myGroup  are not validated, i.e.  validator.IsValid returns true even if the validator failed on  page submit. code snippet: Page.Validate("ToolsImplementation"); foreach (IValidator validator in this.Validators) { if (!validator.IsValid) { //take action on validation failure } }   the code works fine except if valida...

What future for SqlAnywhere 9 ?
It seems that many developers still use the version 9. So is there a future for version 9 ? If you do not need complex DBMS server management Version 9 is still interesting. If I take my example, the package to install my software is only 16 Megabytes because I just need 'Personal data server' option which generates a win32 directory of 10 megabytes including 33 files. In version 10 win32 directory grows up to 34 megabytes and 52 files. In version 11 the new directory bin32 to 60 megabytes and 128 files. I would like to implement version 11, just to stay compatible with your ...

XmlValidatingReader does not validate with DTD

XML validating (no DTD)
Hello perlers, I know how to validate XML, but still error massages appears on STDOUT, anyone knows how to avoid them ? my code looks: use strict; use XML::Checker::Parser; my $xml_file = 'data.xml'; my $xp = new XML::Checker::Parser ( Handlers => { } ); eval { $xp->parsefile($xml_file); local $XML::Checker::FAIL = \&my_fail; }; if ($@) { print "$xml_file failed validation!\n"; die "$@"; } else { print "$xml_file passed validation\n"; } sub my_fail { my $code = shift; die XML::Checker::e...

Validate date is not in the future?
I have a date textbox in a grid. I am already validating that it is a date format, but how do I make sure that it is not a future date? Hi, specify statically all except ValueToCompare property of the CompareValidator, say: <asp:TextBox ID="txtBox" Runat="server" ></asp:TextBox> <asp:CompareValidator Runat="server" ControlToValidate="txtBox" Operator="LessThanEqual" Type="Date" ErrorMessage="Date must be less than equal to current date" id=CompareValidator1 /> <asp:Button id=&quo...

date in the future with validator
I have a compare validator. I make sure that the date that the user enters is actually a date. But I also want the validator to make sure that the date is in the future. Can one validator do this, or will I have to add another validator? JagdipIntelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan) I would add another CompareValidator with a default value of Today's date (set progromattically) and then ensure that the date entered is greater than.Matt Hawley The compare validator takes care of ensuring that the date is in the future: <a...

Validating a DTD against the Dynamic XMLDocument.
hi, I have a static DTD file. in my programe my Xml document is genereated dynamically and stored into XmlDocument object, how can i validate my dynam,ically genereated XmlObject with the physical dtd file. after complete validation only i need to store the XmlDocument as a physical file. please provide me some samples. Regards, K.Ravi Kumar There is no way currently to validate XmlDocument in memory. You have to create Doctype node in XmlDocument, pointing to teh DTD file, then serialize XML into string and validate it: XmlTextReader r = new Xmltext...

Web Services and DTD validation
I am using SQL Anywhere 11 and need to create a stored procedure that consumes a web service (SOAP). This web service is designed to accept XML input that conforms to a DTD. Can anyone suggest an approach to validating the data passed to the stored procedure against the DTD? Call an external validation tool (ugly)? Create a stored procedure that accepts the name of the XML element and the value and uses openxml() to parse the DTD and compare with the input? Any suggestions would be appreciated. There's no built in support for DTD (or XSD) validation in SQL Anywhere at the m...

Web resources about - DTD validation - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Validation (drug manufacture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the pharmaceutical , medical device , food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...