ASE and ASE

Could it be possible to take scripts from ASA and load them in an ASE

Any information is welcome

jean-fran�ois

0
Jean
3/20/2000 4:46:42 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ASA supports a fairly large sub-set of Transact-SQL, so if you write your
stored procedures and triggers in ASA using T-SQL, you should be able to
create scripts that will run against both ASE and ASA.  If you're planning
to do this though, I would suggest developing your database schema against
ASA, since everything you write in T-SQL in ASA will be supported on ASE,
but the reverse is not true.

Check out the section in the ASA documentation entitled "Transact SQL
Compatibility".

--
Reg Domaratzki
Sybase Mobile and Embedded Computing Division

"Jean-Fran�ois Pasquasy" <jf.pasquasy@castsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Could it be possible to take scripts from ASA and load them in an ASE
>
> Any information is welcome
>
> jean-fran�ois

0
Reg

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

SQLAnywhere to ASE
Hi, is there a utility to convert my existing SQLA5.0 database into an ASE version database. I'm attempting to upgrade and looking for a simply way to do so, if of course there is one.. thanks in advance, rks... No utility, but there is a good whitepaper that discusses the issues. Migrating from Adaptive Server Anywhere to Adaptive Server Enterprise http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=20227 Are you sure that you need to move to ASE? I'm not trying to discourage you, but we occasionally find customers who underestimate ASA and think they ...

Future of ASE
In a recent article http://www.cbronline.com/content/COMP/magazine/Articles/Features/PowerBase.asp "Chen's mantra is that the company must be good in every market it operates in. If it isn't, he either redoubles its efforts or gets out of that space." So which does Chen plan to do with ASE? Perhaps he'll address this at TechWave? Sounds like Jack Welsh @ GE. He sold off small appliances which everyone said he should not do because thay were the identity of the company. "Carl Kayser" <kayser_c@bls.gov> wrote in message news:42e...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

ASE
i'm using ASE 11.9 running under Linux. I want to connect to server using ADO. I didn't find anywhere the connection string. Thanks for you help -- _______________________________ Horia Popa - horia@optsol.ro Soft Creator Optimal Solution Software Division www.optsol.at Office : 056/282722 int. 21 Mobile : 094/647836 & 093/602685 _______________________________ ...

Web resources about - ASE and ASE - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

Asse (river) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Durance 43°52′28″N 05°52′43″E  /  43.87444°N 5.87861°E  / 43.87444; 5.87861 Coordinates : 43°52′28″N 05°52′43″E  /  43.87444°N 5.87861°E ...

Facebook Runs Survey to Assess User Perceptions of Credits
This week, Facebook conducted a user survey to determine usage and perception of its virtual currency Facebook Credits. Hosted on SurveyMonkey ...

ASE Pocket Guidelines on the App Store on iTunes
Get ASE Pocket Guidelines on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

CEC14 / Assess, Test or Terminate: What Future for Climate Engineering Research? - YouTube
Climate Engineering Conference 2014 Panel discussion looking forward to the next decade of climate engineering research. Featuring Andy Parker ...

ASE IT moves into iseek’s Sydney data centre
Cloud services provider ASE IT has signed a contract with iseek Communications to move into the vendor’s data centre in Gore Hill, Sydney.

ASSÉ recommends postponing student protests
The executive committee of Quebec student union ASSÉ is recommending student protesters delay their actions until after the summer.

Beef Recall: CFIA To Assess XL Foods Alberta Plant In Detail
... on Sept. 27.The number of illnesses linked to beef products from the plant stands at 11 people from four provinces, with the latest case confirmed ...

Postgame Video: Loctite and Fallon Assess Their Super Bowl Debut
... loveable losers dancing to the joy of super glue, was not only the first Super Bowl ad for Loctite, but for its parent company, Germany-based ...

Now That the Core Matters for Yahoo, Here's the Charts and Numbers to Assess It
... piece about the Q3 debacle : “The honeymoon is over … 15 months after she took over, Ms. Mayer has failed to translate Yahoo’s user increase ...

Hard Drives and Hard Asses
In a thread a couple of days ago, some of y’all were parsing the ever-lovin’ shit out of Glenn Greenwald’s report on NSA surveillance of Muslim-Americans. ...