Altering a proxy table created with CREATE EXISTING TABLE

Please take a look at the following suggestion:

http://sqla.stackexchange.com/questions/720/altering-a-proxy-table-created-with-create-existing-table

Thanks in advance!

Volker
0
Volker
5/19/2010 1:23:20 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.futures 1193 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Good suggestion Volker. We will consider it for a future release.

Karim

On 5/19/2010 9:23 AM, Volker Barth wrote:
> Please take a look at the following suggestion:
>
> http://sqla.stackexchange.com/questions/720/altering-a-proxy-table-created-with-create-existing-table
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Volker

0
Karim

how to join existing table with table created by "create existing table"
"create existing table" can help to create a table which is linked to a sp select selection. but can this table be join to other physical tables? Yes, proxy tables can be used in joins. -bret ymho wrote: > "create existing table" can help to create a table which is > linked to a sp select selection. > but can this table be join to other physical tables? but i cant, pls refer my example below: create procedure po_t1 (@p1 char(8) ) as begin select ret_date=convert(datetime,@p1) end go CREATE EXISTING TABLE t1 (ret_out1 datetime not null, ...

Proxy tables
I am trying to use proxy tables in a 6.0.3 environment. I've run the following statements successfully from my machine on a local db: CREATE SERVER 'ptest' CLASS 'ASAODBC' USING 'mydsn'; CREATE EXISTING TABLE table1p at 'ptest...table1'; This works fine. Now, a co-worker tries to do this on his machine against his database and gets the following error when executing the CREATE EXISTING TABLE statement on his db: 'Java virtual machine could not be started' So, I decide to try to connect to his db and try it myself, issuing the e...

create table statement not creating table
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5515B.09D1B7E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Version ASA9.0.1 build 1964 I have a script that I apply to our databases to add tables, triggers, = stored procedures,... using dbisqlc. When I run the script on a particular database 3 tables are not getting = created properly. I am not seeing any errors in the isql.txt file = created by dbisqlc regarding the table create, but later when I try = adding triggers on the new tables I receiv...

Create table hangs but table was created
12.0.0.6 on Solaris. In a Java application, we create small tables on the fly "create table MyTable (id char(20) NOT NULL)". It's been there for quite a while. Then in the middle of one day, every time it hangs there. We then tried it on isql, same behavior. Then we found that even though the call didn't return, the table was actually created on the database. This lasted for about two hours. Then it went back to normal behavior. Could anyone think of what might have caused it? Thanks, Bill ...

Create Table and Alter table:
  Hi All,  I am using SQl server studio management to create table. How to set two attributes as a primary key: composite key. like ( proj_id, emp id) both as primary key. How to specify the forign key constraint. using alter table Please give me the example: don't syntax which msdn gives.   Thanks and Regards   Abdul M.G Hi,Look at this. 1 CREATE TABLE Menu 2 ( 3 MenuId int, 4 Title varchar(50), 5 Url varchar(256), 6 ParentId int NULL 7 ) 8 9 ALTER TABLE Menu ADD CONSTRAINT MenuId PRIMARY KEY 10 ...

Create new Table from existing table
Hi I'm trying to Create a new Table from existing table in Q/Analyzer. I figured it would be something like this: CREATE TABLE newTable AS(SELECT * FROM OldTable); but i keep getting Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Line 1Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AS'. also.. is there another method of doing this, something like INSERT INTO newTable(SELECT * FROM OldTable); and it creates the table ( newTable ) for u if it doenst already exist?? Cheers!!! im using sql2000 You can try this one: SELECT * INTO newTable FROM OldTableLimno The easiest method to copy ...

How to create a table with copying everything from an existing table
Hi, I would like to create a table that is identical to an existing table (table definitions, structures, and data itself). In Oracle, the following command will do the work: create table new_table as select * from existing_table; But in Sybase, it seems there is no such command to do the job. Is there any way to do it? Thanks for your help. There is command: select * into new_table from existing_table This will work.....go ahead Xiaobing Suo <xsuo@imake.com> wrote in message news:39BE3510.480CEEF1@imake.com... > Hi, > > I would like to create a table t...

Cannot create an SP that creates a table that already exists
If the temporary table zzsummary already exists and I try to create the below SP I get - Error: There is already an object named 'zzsummary' in the database. (State:S0001, Native Code: A9A) Why is this? Also, if I delete the table, add the SP, run apex_LoadChqSavSummary "Pre", and then apex_LoadChqSavSummary "Post", I get - Error: Object 'zzsummary' cannot be found. (State:S1000, Native Code: 10B) Why?!? --------------------------------------------------------- CREATE PROCEDURE apex_LoadChqSavSummary @mode varchar(5) AS BEG...

Create Dynamic Table and Insert values to it from existing table
Hi Guys,  Need some help with the sql statement for this one. I want to create a dynamic table and then after that I will insert data into that created table from an existing table. It's like making a back up of a certain table on my database. I really appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks. select * into <DestinationTableName> from <SourceTableName>The above query will create a new table with the name specified as <DestinationTableName> and populate the data from the <SourceTableName> in it.The ideal way of doing this would be to:First create a t...

chg of domain drops/creates table
Having rev.eng. an ASE 12.5 database to PD9, I'm structuring the PDM with new domains. However when modifying the DB, PD insists on 1) adding new domain 2) creating tmp-table 3) move data to tmp table, drop table 4) create new table, move data from tmp-table, drop tmp-table 5) recreating index, fk, whatever... Why on earth doesn't it just do an alter table? (ie: add new domain, alter table ) Sincerely, Peter Simonsen, PB veteran PD newbie This is the generalist approach. You can intelligently look at the base data type of the column and the new domain ...

Reverse Engineer created copies of table (table:1, table:2)... How do I merge them back into 1 table?
PowerDesigner 12.1 I just reverse-engineered about 20 tables from our database, and it took one of my key tables and created two copies ("TableName : 1" and "TableName : 2"). I'm sure the engine was trying to make the diagram easier for it to auto-layout, but I want all the FKs and such from one table). How do I merge them back into just one table? Thanks, Jason Jason Vogel wrote: > PowerDesigner 12.1 > > I just reverse-engineered about 20 tables from our database, and it took > one of my key tables and created two copies ("Tabl...

How to creat table as excel table
I'm a cambodia student and now i'm stilling do a reserche and auto-study in c# langage. I have a question to all people interes in this forum, Bye ussing C# and asp.net application form how coud i creat a table as excel table, that alow to edit information in cells as we use excel. Thank form spheaStudent in cambodia   I suppose that the best way is to create xml file, but older Excel's versions doesn't support xml.http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2005/06/27/433152.aspx http://www.spreadsheetgear.com/support/samples/excel.aspx Regards,...

Create table creates identity
I have this script to create a table but when I run the table is created but there is the identity column that gets created that I don't want. How can I get this to stop? create table dbo.inventory_usage (stock_number char(50) not null, cur_yr_jan decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_feb decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_mar decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_apr decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_may decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_jun decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_jul decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_aug decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_sep decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr_oct decimal(10,2) null, cur_yr...

Creating a Table from another Table.
I need to be able to create a temporary table that is exactly like an existing table. In Oracle, the syntax to do this was as follows: CREATE TABLE NEWTABLE AS (SELECT FROM EXISTINGTABLE); This effectively copies the table structure and creates a table called newtable that is a "clone" of the existing table. How can this be accomplished in SQLA, short of writing a stored procedure or a function? Thanks for your response. Owen Hebert Consolidated Services Corp SELECT * INTO NewTable FROM OldTable Dave Wolf Jaguar Product Team Owen Hebert wrote: > I...

Web resources about - Altering a proxy table created with CREATE EXISTING TABLE - sybase.sqlanywhere.futures

App Store - Altered States - 15 Mind Altering Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs
Get Altered States - 15 Mind Altering Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

2012 Voting Machines Altering Votes - YouTube
Please do not email to ask if you can use the video, just use it! My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were ...

Apple, Adobe criticised for digitally altering woman's face to smile more
They should have known better, but they didn't. Is anybody really surprised? The practice of digitally altering a model's appearance after the ...

Getting value for money isn’t easy in Defence especially when the target keeps altering
If the Navy can't guarantee sea control, we need to ask if we can achieve the same effect in another, more efficient way. Nicholas Stuart explains. ...

Fans bust Lindsay Lohan for altering picture of herself on Instagram
The actor has been outed for touching herself up on Instagram.

Coro - Music by Numbers: A blissfully mind-altering experience
... Workshop. Guest conductor, Peter Tregear. If anyone needed any further proof that musical performance can provide a blissful mind-altering ...

WA police liaison officer stood down, charged with altering records
A senior Aboriginal police officer has been stood down from all duties after being charged with allegedly illegally using the WA Police computer ...

Racial Discrimination Act amendment: Federal Government leaves open possibility of altering proposed ...
The Government says it is open to changing its proposed amendments to the Racial Discrimination Act.

Venezuelan VP hails China's paradigm-altering diplomacy
diplomacy,Chinas,Venezuelan,paradigm-altering,hails

Columbus Server Accused of Altering Nearly 200 Credit Card Tips To Steal From Customers
... adding tips to customers' bills. Find out where she worked. COLUMBUS, Ohio - A server at Miller’s Ale House in Columbus is accused of altering ...