Powerbuilder

We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry.  The system
has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces.  I would like to use
PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the
development for the handhelds interface too??  and which specialized (good
looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development??

0
Mynor_Paredes
2/19/2003 6:36:46 PM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the
general forum..

--
Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II

<Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message
> We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry.  The
system
> has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces.  I would like to use
> PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the
> development for the handhelds interface too??  and which specialized (good
> looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development??

Mynor;

    FYI: This is PowerBuilder's little PDA brother called PocketBuilder!

regards ... Chris

<Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message
> We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry.  The
system
> has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces.  I would like to use
> PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the
> development for the handhelds interface too??  and which specialized (good
> looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development??

0
Chris
2/19/2003 6:52:37 PM
PowerBuilder Applications targeted for handheld devices. PB desktop
applications will be deployable to various handheld devices. In particular,
support will be provided for devices using the WinCE operating system and
the Palm Computing operating system, with an emphasis first on WinCE.

Changes to the desktop PB Integrated Development Environment (IDE) will
allow deployment to one of a list of handheld target devices. The Project
Painter is the logical place to make these changes; this is where a
developer specifies the parameters required to build an application from the
associated PB objects. When a handheld target device is selected, the
application will check for unsupported functionality and issue appropriate
warnings, allowing the developer to alter the offending items or ignore them
if it's reasonable to do so.

The requested PB application will then be converted to run on the target
handheld device. Both DataWindow retrieval and update will be supported for
handheld databases. "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@ajja.com> wrote in message

> Mynor;
>
>     FYI: This is PowerBuilder's little PDA brother called PocketBuilder!
>
> regards ... Chris
>
> <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message
> > We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry.  The
> system
> > has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces.  I would like to use
> > PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported
the
> > development for the handhelds interface too??  and which specialized
(good
> > looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development??

0
Jerry

The project appears to be under source control, but the associated source control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be disabled for this project.
Hi EveryoneNot sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes anyway.I have a project built in VS2003. I would like to open this with VS2008.  It was created by another company and we have been asked to modify the project. When I open the project it comes up with a message "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control.This makes a large amount of the project unavailable. How do I stop this and view the whole project?  Rob"Man is the best computer…and the only one that ...

powerbuilder source control
We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for Powerbuilder. Is there some documentation how to use this. Thanks Eric There is an SCC interface available for TFS. After that, from the PowerBuilder perspective, it is no different than working with any other SCC provider. Mike "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:462f2ae7$1@forums-1-dub... > We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for > Powerbuilder. > > Is there some documentation how to use this. > > Thanks > >...

Powerbuilder Source Control Setup
Hello all, we are using Powerbuilder in a team development environment using VisualSource Safe. The setup is the same as in PB6 anf before - one central set of libraries on the server and working libraries locally. This is the same as the recommended setup for PB7 <= 5031. In the document "Powerbuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" I found on the Sybase site a new kind of setup supported by pb7 7017 and above. Can someone explain me this setup, esp. by using VisualSourceSafe, more in detail? Which kind set of object I have to register? How to deal with the ...

File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control
Just switching over to VS 2005 and in older versions I would always do: File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control in order to open a new project that was located in Visual Source Safe.  However, now the option is: File-->Source Control-->Launch Microsoft Visual Source Safe I want to know how to use the new options to get and open a solution from Visual Source Safe using VS 2005.  Thanks...

PowerBuilder & Source Control
Hello, We have found that when moving from PowerBuilder 7 build 10047 (or lower) to PowerBuilder 7 build 10069 (or higher) that we have a problem interacting with our datawindow objects which are under source control with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0. From the library painter, one can select a registered object and request, "Compare Differences..." which of course should let you know if the object in your pibble and the object in the source control database have any differences. Normally, when the object is checked in and sitting on the network baseline, one would cert...

Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2)
Our team of ten developers currently uses Visual InterDev 6.0 for website development.  Our development server runs FrontPage server extensions that integrate nicely into Microsoft Source Control.   All developers can work of one common server, we check out files as we need, and check them back in when we are done so that we don't cross over each others work.  This system has worked out very well for us and we are trying to duplicate this setup with 2005 Visual Studio Beta 2.  It appears that the same or similar tools are available in 2005 Beta 2, but I have not be...

Source Control: problem with projects/files auto added to source control
I have library projects that are in source control. Others projects, more personnal projects, are not (including my solution .sln). However, everytime I create a new personal project (lets say a windows application project to help me test a library project), Visual studio automatically try to add the project in the source-control. As long as the project is created in a solution that contains a project in the source control, visual studio takes the initiative of adding entries in my pending changes list: "add project.csproc". From there, I have to go to that...

PowerBuilder 9.X Source Control
Hello to all. Wondering if I can post a question. We just upgraded to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best take advantage of PB's new Source Control. Where can I find some documents, white papers, or documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9? Would appreciate the help. Thank You. Start with these articles... Many folks have commented that they were helpful in understanding the SCC changes in PB8 and 9. http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/ http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/ -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Al> wrote in mes...

Powerbuilder 9.0
With our current setup, we keep all application PB objects on a shared server(call it W:\Development). We check out from there to the developers local(C) drive, finish work and check back in to W:. We currently use 7.0 and we are in the process of migrating over to 9.0. With 9.0, it seems when I check out an object to my local, the object on the shared W drive doesnt show that it is checked out, and can be modified. Is there any source control security to protect the shared workspace on the W:\? If someone has an object checked out locally, you can still go and make a change t...

PowerBuilder 8 Native Source Control
Hi, we are using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 with native source control and it doesn't work very well when we need to delete objects or to move objects from a pbl to another. Delete problem : if I delete an object, the other users will still have it even after a "Get Latest Version" operation Move problem : if I move an object, the other users will have two version of this object, one in the old pbl and another in the new pbl... if in the list of pbls of our target the old pbl cames before the new one, the other users won't see the changes I made. Even worse... if we do a &qu...

Powerbuilder & Source Control #2
Does anyone know how to tell Powerbuilder to export an object as either UnicodeLE or UTF8 text when using source control? I have tried both Merant & Microsoft's Team Foundaion Server with no luck. Wheeley Not sure what you're asking... Can you define "with no luck" in any more detail? -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ "Wheeley" <wheeley@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:5918j5179dv275cb9q98d1dboc8dp99d7h@4ax.com... > Does anyone know how to tell Powerbuilder to export an object as > either UnicodeLE or UT...

Powerbuilder 8, native source control
i try to set up pb8 native source control, but it does'nt work. is this the right way ? (the new doc is'nt very good) 1) Storage location : this is where the server files reside 2) Local path : copy of server files, and this is the checkout files 3) username - just any username... when i view objects in library painter, the objects is marked with a dot and a question mark. check out seems to work, and i can now modify the object. but after checking in, the dot and question mark shows up again. when i open the modified object on server, i can't see the changes i&...

PowerBuilder Source Control Setup #2
We are setting up to use Merant PVCS Version Manager with our PowerBuilder development. We have been looking at Sybase support technical document 1010496 (PowerBuilder Source Control Recommended Setup) to make sure that we have a setup that allows multiple developers to develop and run at the same time. The detail of this document may be sufficient for experienced PB people. For me though, terms like "distribute a copy", "add it to their copy" and "synchronise their registered set" don't tell me enough about how to go about it. I am hoping t...

The source control binding information has been removed for project. The project will be opened without source control.
Iam Getting This Error When i open the project.Can Anyone help me get out of this problem....

source control with PB Native in powerbuilder 11
I am trying to do source control with pb native. I click on added to source control and point it to a local directory. It adds all the source control fine. But when i try to refresh it i get this error: Compile/Import failure in phase 3? When i try to run my program i get this error: Object file is out of date error? All source control system have been unable to export and re import back in each of our objects. the best way for us to be able to export out all the objects at once and be able to import them all back into the project. is there any way to do this? FYI: there i...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - sybase.source-control

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles