PowerBuilder 9.X Source Control

Hello to all.  Wondering if I can post a question.  We just
upgraded to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best take
advantage of PB's new Source Control.

Where can I find some documents, white papers, or
documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9?  Would
appreciate the help.  Thank You.
0
Al
3/2/2004 4:04:28 PM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Start with these articles...  Many folks have commented that they were
helpful in understanding the SCC changes in PB8 and 9.

http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<Al> wrote in message news:4044b0b2.2410.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hello to all.  Wondering if I can post a question.  We just
> upgraded to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best take
> advantage of PB's new Source Control.
>
> Where can I find some documents, white papers, or
> documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9?  Would
> appreciate the help.  Thank You.

0
Paul
3/2/2004 4:19:56 PM
> Start with these articles...  Many folks have commented
> that they were helpful in understanding the SCC changes in
> PB8 and 9.
>
> http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
> http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/
>
> -- Thanks.  I'll check it out.  Not easy to find
documentation on Source Control (& how to use it
effectively).
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> <Al> wrote in message
> > news:4044b0b2.2410.846930886@sybase.com... Hello to all.
> >  Wondering if I can post a question.  We just upgraded
> > to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best take advantage
> of PB's new Source Control. >
> > Where can I find some documents, white papers, or
> > documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9?
> > Would appreciate the help.  Thank You.

0
Albert
3/3/2004 2:31:21 PM
-- Thanks.  I'll check it out.  Not easy to find
> documentation on Source Control (& how to use it
> effectively).

> > Start with these articles...  Many folks have commented
> > that they were helpful in understanding the SCC changes
> > in PB8 and 9.
> >
> > http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
> > http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/

> > <Al> wrote in message
> > > news:4044b0b2.2410.846930886@sybase.com... Hello to
> > >  all. Wondering if I can post a question.  We just
> > > upgraded to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best
> > take advantage of PB's new Source Control. >
> > > Where can I find some documents, white papers, or
> > > documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9?
> > > Would appreciate the help.  Thank You.

0
Al

The project appears to be under source control, but the associated source control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be disabled for this project.
Hi EveryoneNot sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes anyway.I have a project built in VS2003. I would like to open this with VS2008.  It was created by another company and we have been asked to modify the project. When I open the project it comes up with a message "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control.This makes a large amount of the project unavailable. How do I stop this and view the whole project?  Rob"Man is the best computer…and the only one that ...

File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control
Just switching over to VS 2005 and in older versions I would always do: File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control in order to open a new project that was located in Visual Source Safe.  However, now the option is: File-->Source Control-->Launch Microsoft Visual Source Safe I want to know how to use the new options to get and open a solution from Visual Source Safe using VS 2005.  Thanks...

Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2)
Our team of ten developers currently uses Visual InterDev 6.0 for website development.  Our development server runs FrontPage server extensions that integrate nicely into Microsoft Source Control.   All developers can work of one common server, we check out files as we need, and check them back in when we are done so that we don't cross over each others work.  This system has worked out very well for us and we are trying to duplicate this setup with 2005 Visual Studio Beta 2.  It appears that the same or similar tools are available in 2005 Beta 2, but I have not be...

Source Control: problem with projects/files auto added to source control
I have library projects that are in source control. Others projects, more personnal projects, are not (including my solution .sln). However, everytime I create a new personal project (lets say a windows application project to help me test a library project), Visual studio automatically try to add the project in the source-control. As long as the project is created in a solution that contains a project in the source control, visual studio takes the initiative of adding entries in my pending changes list: "add project.csproc". From there, I have to go to that...

Powerbuilder 9.0
With our current setup, we keep all application PB objects on a shared server(call it W:\Development). We check out from there to the developers local(C) drive, finish work and check back in to W:. We currently use 7.0 and we are in the process of migrating over to 9.0. With 9.0, it seems when I check out an object to my local, the object on the shared W drive doesnt show that it is checked out, and can be modified. Is there any source control security to protect the shared workspace on the W:\? If someone has an object checked out locally, you can still go and make a change t...

DevCafe
What is DevCafe source control?DevCafe Source Control allows users to share files and maintain a history of previous versions. We see its primary use for sharing information between organisations or for geographically dispersed teams.DevCafe Source Control has the following features:* Check in and checkout files* Attach notes to files* Create multiple projects all with different access rights* Create users with read only access to projects* Automatic versioning of files* Receive email notification when a file is changed* Encrypt files using Triple DES Encryption* Create MD5 Hash of files* Po...

The source control binding information has been removed for project. The project will be opened without source control.
Iam Getting This Error When i open the project.Can Anyone help me get out of this problem....

powerbuilder source control
We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for Powerbuilder. Is there some documentation how to use this. Thanks Eric There is an SCC interface available for TFS. After that, from the PowerBuilder perspective, it is no different than working with any other SCC provider. Mike "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:462f2ae7$1@forums-1-dub... > We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for > Powerbuilder. > > Is there some documentation how to use this. > > Thanks > >...

Source control #9
Has anyone had any experience or know of any whitepaper that might exist regarding PowerBuilder's integration with Visual SourceSafe or other SCC API compliant versioning tools? We have registered all of our PB objects into VSS and have historically created an entirely new project in PB and VSS when we start a new version of our application. We've just come to the end of a project and would like to "Share" the current version of our app to a new VSS project so we can start on the next version of our application. I'm stumped. Here's what I've tried:...

MKS Source Integrity
Hi All, We were testing the MKS Source Integrity Source control software. The Sales support at Mortice Kern Systems (MKS) has been claiming to us that MKS is the software that the Sybase developers use for maintaining Source Control in their development. Does anyone know this to be true or to the contrary? And if yes, do the Sybase developers use it for Source control of PowerBuilder Objects or the C++ ( I think PowerBuilder is developed in C++ - Am I right?) objects used to create PowerBuilder itself? Certainly appreciate someone answering this for us. Thanks and Regards, Adit...

Source Control using Visual Source Save
When checking out an object, I very often get the message: Checkout failed! Object differs! Please Synchronize! After synchronization (also synchronization and regeneration) I get the same message again. Only clear registration an register again helps. Are there any informaations about this problem ? Thanks, Albert Hi, We have had exactly the same problem with PVCS. The last few weeks, we don't have this problem anymore but we have many others when checking in/out of objects. Have you tried checking in and out again from the same client? I think it has somethin...

Setting up source control with MS Source Safe
Hi all ! I know this could be a very frequent question, but I can�t find good material on the web. Does anybody have a document or some guide step by step that help me with MS SourceSafe + PowerBuilder ? PB 9 MS VSS 2005 Thanks in advace for all you imput. -- Regards Juli�n Rosario Santa Fe Argentina __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4390 (20090902) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com Start with these articles from PBDJ archives. Even though they were wr...

PowerBuilder & Source Control
Hello, We have found that when moving from PowerBuilder 7 build 10047 (or lower) to PowerBuilder 7 build 10069 (or higher) that we have a problem interacting with our datawindow objects which are under source control with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0. From the library painter, one can select a registered object and request, "Compare Differences..." which of course should let you know if the object in your pibble and the object in the source control database have any differences. Normally, when the object is checked in and sitting on the network baseline, one would cert...

Powerbuilder Source Control Setup
Hello all, we are using Powerbuilder in a team development environment using VisualSource Safe. The setup is the same as in PB6 anf before - one central set of libraries on the server and working libraries locally. This is the same as the recommended setup for PB7 <= 5031. In the document "Powerbuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" I found on the Sybase site a new kind of setup supported by pb7 7017 and above. Can someone explain me this setup, esp. by using VisualSourceSafe, more in detail? Which kind set of object I have to register? How to deal with the ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 9.X Source Control - sybase.source-control

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles