Powerbuilder 9.0 - source control

With our current setup, we keep all application PB objects
on a shared server(call it W:\Development).  We check out
from there to the developers local(C) drive, finish work and
check back in to W:.  We currently use 7.0 and we are in the
process of migrating over to 9.0.   With 9.0, it seems when
I check out an object to my local, the object on the shared
W drive doesnt show that it is checked out, and can be
modified.

Is there any source control security to protect the shared
workspace on the W:\?  If someone has an object checked out
locally, you can still go and make a change to the workspace
on the shared.
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here's some articles to get you started.  The concepts still apply now

http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/

--
Evita Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst
<M Fanning> wrote in message news:421e1e8c.6fbd.1681692777@sybase.com...
> With our current setup, we keep all application PB objects
> on a shared server(call it W:\Development).  We check out
> from there to the developers local(C) drive, finish work and
> check back in to W:.  We currently use 7.0 and we are in the
> process of migrating over to 9.0.   With 9.0, it seems when
> I check out an object to my local, the object on the shared
> W drive doesnt show that it is checked out, and can be
> modified.
>
> Is there any source control security to protect the shared
> workspace on the W:\?  If someone has an object checked out
> locally, you can still go and make a change to the workspace
> on the shared.

0
Evita
2/24/2005 7:08:57 PM
On 24 Feb 2005 11:08:57 -0800, "Evita Chapa"
<evita.chapa_NOSPAM@randolph.af.mil> wrote:

>Here's some articles to get you started.  The concepts still apply now
>

>http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
>http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/

Oh great.  I should've refreshed before doing my little write up! <g>
0
Boris

this.Controls.Add does not add control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0)
Ok, as silly as it may sound, I have a situation where I am creating a CompositeControl in ASP.NET 2.0, C#. I have the following code in the CreateChildControls() method that build the control's child control collection: 1    for (int i = 0; i < _menus.Count; i++)2    this.Controls.Add(_menus[i]);3    4    foreach (FloatingMenu menu in _menus)5    {6    Label lbl = new Label();7    lbl.ID = string.Concat("GroupQ", menu.ID);8    lbl.CssClass = "menuIt...

Problem using actskn43.ocx control in Powerbuilder 9.0
Can i use actskn43.ocx control in Powerbuilder 9.0 or 11.0 Beta ? I tried to use it in Powerbuilder 9.0 and 11.0 (Beta) i recieved a runtime error, Powerbuilder Application execution error (R0035) Error: Error calling external object function loadskin at line 1 in open event of object w_main. this is my code: ole_skin.object.loadskin("demo.skn") ole_skin.object.applyskin(handle(w_main)) i copied actskn43.ocx file in /windows/system32 dir and I already register the actskn43.ocx file: Regsvr32 actskn43.ocx please help me regarding this issue. thanks in advance. ...

Custom Control within a Control Control

problem with Powerbuilder 9 and Adobe Acrobat 7.0
I=92m using PB9.0 =96 Build 5507 on WinXP Professional. After I update my Adobe Acrobat to 7.0, I could no longer insert an =93Adobe Acrobat OCX for Active X=94 Any ideas how to resolve this?? Thanks Bob Bob H. wrote: > I�m using PB9.0 � Build 5507 on WinXP Professional. > After I update my Adobe Acrobat to 7.0, I could no longer > insert an �Adobe Acrobat OCX for Active X� > > Any ideas how to resolve this?? > > Thanks > > Bob Insert the IE browser control and use it's navigate() method to load the PDF. Acrobat will automaticall...

Load view state problem with Report viewer control 9.0.0.0 in webforms
Hi All,  I am getting the LoadViewstate problem (find below) when loading reports from report server to ReportViewer control. And I am using the following code. reportViewer.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote; // URL of Report Server string reportserverUrl = MetadataHelper.GetModuleMetaDataValue(8, reportId, "ReportServerURL");  reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri(reportserverUrl); // Path to Report reportViewer.ServerReport.ReportPath = MetadataHelper.GetModuleMetaDataValue(8, reportId, "ReportPath"); // Show Parameter Promptr...

Forum 3.0.0: A control cannot modify its parents' control collections.
I'm not sure what happened, because I don't recall that I did any changes to the Forum but for some reason if I go to the DNN web page that contains the new 'core' forum I am seeing this message above the forum container: A critical error has occurred. A control cannot modify its parents' control collections. and the content of the forum container is empty. If I sign in as a regular (registered) user the forum container displays correctly. As follow-up... This may be a caching problem as the problem of some sort. The problem cleared its self after I stopped working on the site...

Atlas Control Tookit 1.0.60504.0 And Wizard Control Problem
Hello,    First, let me congratulate the Atlas Control Toolkit builders on their good job.    I've been using TextBoxWaterMark of Version 1.0.0 inside a Wizard Control with no problems.    When version 1.0.60504 came out I replaced version 1.0.0 with this new one and in the design mode i get thi error: "Error 1 Wizard1:'WizardSteps' could not be initialized. Details: 'WizardSteps' could not be added to the collection. Details: 'TargetProperties' could not be initialized. Details: 'TargetProperties' could not be added to the collectio...

ASP.NET2.0 controls(validations, Menubar controls, Treeview controls) support on Firefox(in Mac OS)
Hi,I would like to know whether ASP.NET2.0 controls(validations, Menubar controls, Treeview controls) are supported on Firefox(in Mac OS).Also, I would like to know the features which are not supported in firefox, but supported in IE browsers. Thanks,Amit1234...

AJAX control toolkit controls content overlapping ASP.NET control in ASP.NET 2.0
I am using AJAX' Calendarextender control & Autocomplete extender controls with textboxes on my ASP.NET 2 form in VB 2005. I am placing those AJAX controls on a FORMVIEW. Below the 2 AJAX controls, lies a ASP.NET dropdownlist.The  Calendarextender control & Autocomplete extender works perfectly.But, I noticed that whenever the Calendarextender control or Autocomplete extender POPS up its contents, they get partially hidden by the ASP DDL which lies below. Why is this happening ?Thanks,Alex    Make sure your tags match.. could you post your code as well pleas...

How do you control the placement of controls in a user define control
I have a user define control.  I put the control on the (C# Visual Studio 2008) page where I want them. When I run the program, the controls are all over the page.  How do I place them where they do not move form where I put them? You'll need to study the HTML output and see what it's producing, then start to look at how to do an HTML layout. hi, there are absolute and Relative position in html. I guess you must use relative position. For example, at design-time, you place a TextBox below an Image, at run-time, no matter what size is the image, the TextBox is alway bel...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Having problem with PB 9.0.3 while using Crystal Report Viewer Control 9
Hi, we use crystal viewer ocx (crviewer9.dll) for viewing reports. It worked file all these days upto PB version 9.0.2. However 9.0.3 we get messages like - Crystal Report Error in 9.0.2dll ( " Mismatched ANY data types in expression : integer,string at line 10 in function setrptarguments of object n_crystalreport_base. Any idea what the problem is? Is there any patch to this problem? Thanks a lot in advance !! - paniraj n ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 9.0 - source control - sybase.source-control

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles