Powerbuilder 8, native source control

i try to set up pb8 native source control, but it does'nt work.

is this the right way ? (the new doc is'nt very good)
1) Storage location : this is where the server files reside
2) Local path : copy of server files, and this is the checkout files
3) username - just any username...

when i view objects in library painter, the objects is marked with a dot
and a question mark.

check out seems to work, and i can now modify the object.
but after checking in, the dot and question mark shows up again.

when i open the modified object on server, i can't see the changes i've
made...

any suggests??

-Ole
0
Ole_Olsen
12/2/2002 1:47:37 PM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> is this the right way ? (the new doc is'nt very good)

Here are some articles that may help:
http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/
http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/

Server Location (or Project setting):  This is the location of PBNative's
"repository", and it should be out on a shared LAN drive.  All developers
should have the same setting for this location.  You should see exported
source code and files with .PRP extensions in that location.

Local Path (or Local Root Folder): This is simply the folder that contains
your .PBW (workspace) file.  I have no idea why this is even editable, since
you get an error if you try and change it...

UserName:  Yes, this can be any username, as there is no authentication.
This will be the name that's reported when you try and check out an object
that's already checked out.  "This object is currently checked out by PaulH"

> when i view objects in library painter, the objects is marked with a dot
> and a question mark.
The question mark indicates that the "Diff" process has not been performed
on the object.  Turn the "Perform Diff on Status Update" setting on, and
these *should* go away.

> check out seems to work, and i can now modify the object.
> but after checking in, the dot and question mark shows up again.
This will go away after you have "Diff.." turned on.

> when i open the modified object on server, i can't see the changes i've
> made...

Ah, you've put your PBLs on the LAN, haven't you??  In PB8, everybody should
be working locally with their own complete set of PBLs, and the only
LAN-based resource should be the Project folder.   There is no more "object
on the server", because the PBLs shouldn't exist on the server anymore.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

<Ole_Olsen> wrote in message

> i try to set up pb8 native source control, but it does'nt work.
>
> is this the right way ? (the new doc is'nt very good)
> 1) Storage location : this is where the server files reside
> 2) Local path : copy of server files, and this is the checkout files
> 3) username - just any username...
>
> when i view objects in library painter, the objects is marked with a dot
> and a question mark.
>
> check out seems to work, and i can now modify the object.
> but after checking in, the dot and question mark shows up again.
>
> when i open the modified object on server, i can't see the changes i've
> made...
>
> any suggests??
>
> -Ole

0
Paul
12/2/2002 3:57:19 PM
Thank's!

but do u know why the question sign is showing above det dot in systemtree
and libpainter when object is registered to pbnative scc.

-Ole
0
Ole_Olsen
12/3/2002 10:45:47 AM
From the 8.03 Readme file:

Additional SCC status icon for SccDiff not done
A new source control status icon (?) has been added to indicate that
an object may not be in sync with the SCC repository because an
SccDiff has not been performed. There are now eight combinations of
SCC status icons:

Not registered                Green plus sign

Registered                    Green dot
- and out of sync             @ sign
- and diff not done           Green dot with green "?" above it

Checked out to current user   Green check mark

Checked out to other user     Red X
- and out of sync             Red X with @ sign above it
- and diff not done           Red X with green "?" above it
[CR 292436]
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

<Ole_Olsen> wrote in message

> Thank's!
>
> but do u know why the question sign is showing above det dot in systemtree
> and libpainter when object is registered to pbnative scc.
>
> -Ole

0
Paul

PowerBuilder 8 Native Source Control
Hi, we are using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 with native source control and it doesn't work very well when we need to delete objects or to move objects from a pbl to another. Delete problem : if I delete an object, the other users will still have it even after a "Get Latest Version" operation Move problem : if I move an object, the other users will have two version of this object, one in the old pbl and another in the new pbl... if in the list of pbls of our target the old pbl cames before the new one, the other users won't see the changes I made. Even worse... if we do a &qu...

The project appears to be under source control, but the associated source control plug-in is not installed on this computer. Source control will be disabled for this project.
Hi EveryoneNot sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes anyway.I have a project built in VS2003. I would like to open this with VS2008.  It was created by another company and we have been asked to modify the project. When I open the project it comes up with a message "The source control provider associated with this solution could not be found. The projects will be treated as not under source control.This makes a large amount of the project unavailable. How do I stop this and view the whole project?  Rob"Man is the best computer…and the only one that ...

Visual Source Control integration with Source Control (Beta 2)
Our team of ten developers currently uses Visual InterDev 6.0 for website development.  Our development server runs FrontPage server extensions that integrate nicely into Microsoft Source Control.   All developers can work of one common server, we check out files as we need, and check them back in when we are done so that we don't cross over each others work.  This system has worked out very well for us and we are trying to duplicate this setup with 2005 Visual Studio Beta 2.  It appears that the same or similar tools are available in 2005 Beta 2, but I have not be...

File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control
Just switching over to VS 2005 and in older versions I would always do: File-->Source Control-->Open From Source Control in order to open a new project that was located in Visual Source Safe.  However, now the option is: File-->Source Control-->Launch Microsoft Visual Source Safe I want to know how to use the new options to get and open a solution from Visual Source Safe using VS 2005.  Thanks...

Source Control: problem with projects/files auto added to source control
I have library projects that are in source control. Others projects, more personnal projects, are not (including my solution .sln). However, everytime I create a new personal project (lets say a windows application project to help me test a library project), Visual studio automatically try to add the project in the source-control. As long as the project is created in a solution that contains a project in the source control, visual studio takes the initiative of adding entries in my pending changes list: "add project.csproc". From there, I have to go to that...

Powerbuilder 8.03, PVCS 6.8.10 and Powergen adding to source control.
We are moving from PB 6.5 to PB 8.03 and going to PVCS VM for version control. I've created a script to export Powerbuilder .sr* and create ..pbg files in PBL subdirectories. The script runs sucessfully and creates all of the .sr* and .pbg files in their respective pbl subdirectories. I then run a PCLI command line addfiles command script to add the files to PVCS VM. This completes successfully and creates the archives correctly. I then open Powerbuilder and open the respective workspace. PB does not show the code as being added to source control. Is there some sort of magic I...

PB 8 Native Source Control
Could someone explain me how to setup the native source control for PB 8. Previously (PB 7) we had local copies of all network PBL's and one additional local library for checkout purposes. We checkout from the network to this additional library. After checkin we synchronized network pbl's with local pbl's using a sync tool. What is the equivalent setup in PB 8? Thanks. Here's some info you can see..Check out Paul Horran's articles here: http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ 10 steps to setup powerbuilder and 3rd party source control tools http://my.sybase.co...

source control with PB Native in powerbuilder 11
I am trying to do source control with pb native. I click on added to source control and point it to a local directory. It adds all the source control fine. But when i try to refresh it i get this error: Compile/Import failure in phase 3? When i try to run my program i get this error: Object file is out of date error? All source control system have been unable to export and re import back in each of our objects. the best way for us to be able to export out all the objects at once and be able to import them all back into the project. is there any way to do this? FYI: there i...

DevCafe
What is DevCafe source control?DevCafe Source Control allows users to share files and maintain a history of previous versions. We see its primary use for sharing information between organisations or for geographically dispersed teams.DevCafe Source Control has the following features:* Check in and checkout files* Attach notes to files* Create multiple projects all with different access rights* Create users with read only access to projects* Automatic versioning of files* Receive email notification when a file is changed* Encrypt files using Triple DES Encryption* Create MD5 Hash of files* Po...

The source control binding information has been removed for project. The project will be opened without source control.
Iam Getting This Error When i open the project.Can Anyone help me get out of this problem....

PVCS Source Control - Multiple Developers
Can anyone point me to some comprehensive documentation regarding setting up PVCS source control for a PowerBuilder 8 project. We recently migrated from PB 6.5 to PB 8 and, I've been able to set up the project but, I'm missing a few "pieces of the puzzle". For example... in PVCS we check out our pbls to a common network drive. We then copy those onto each developers workstation. The network pbls have a workspace and, each developer has a workspace and all workspaces point to the same pvcs project. How do we keep the common pbls on the network in synch wit...

how to remove object from PB 8 native source control
We are using PB8.0.1 b9056 We use PB's native source control. Setup as described by Sybase. Source control works fine for existing objects and for adding objects to the source control. But how do we remove and delete obsolete objects from source control? Thanks. Mathieu. You have to "unregister" the object from source control first (so the Icon goes back to the plus sign), then you can delete it from the PBL. Also, you'll want to remove the exported source file from the SCC "working folder". Perhaps just moving it to an "obsolete" fol...

Source Control #8
Hi, I am using PB 7 with ComponentSoftware RCS. In the library painter Source.Under what circumstances does the menu option Source.Add Objects (Library Painter) become active? I assume it provides a mechanism to list all new objects added to the project - a very useful feature. Thanks Mike. ...

powerbuilder source control
We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for Powerbuilder. Is there some documentation how to use this. Thanks Eric There is an SCC interface available for TFS. After that, from the PowerBuilder perspective, it is no different than working with any other SCC provider. Mike "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:462f2ae7$1@forums-1-dub... > We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for > Powerbuilder. > > Is there some documentation how to use this. > > Thanks > >...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 8, native source control - sybase.source-control

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles