PB 8 enterprise (translation toolkit 8)

Hello everywhone,

I'm translating application with a Translation toolkit 8. Do you know in
Translation toolkit, where I can uncheck option 'Allow dashes in
identifiers'. I don't want (sample: 'll_row-1') translate ll_row-1 like a
one variable. That must be ll_row - 1.

Another problem is a much bigger. Sample:
1.step extract/prepare phrases: I mark 2 of 10 new phrases for
translation,other 8 phrases aren't for translation
2.step translate extracted phrases: Translate that 2 phrases in the database
3.step apply translations to project: Translate pbl library

When translation has been over, I have message: 'No translations phound.' TT
skip 2 translated phrases and for all 10 phrases I have mesage: 'New phrases
found, no marking or translation' ?!?

Database isn't too big, 45000 phrases in table phrase_markings and 8000 in
phrase_dictionary.

Please help, this is very important problem.

0
Cooler
4/18/2005 10:24:59 AM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This forum group is for issues related to the Source Code Control interface with PB (PVCS, StarTeam, VSS, etc.)   Please
repost your question in the powerbuilder.general forum.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"Cooler" <nemam@mail.com> wrote in message news:42638af6@forums-2-dub...
> Hello everywhone,
>
> I'm translating application with a Translation toolkit 8. Do you know in
> Translation toolkit, where I can uncheck option 'Allow dashes in
> identifiers'. I don't want (sample: 'll_row-1') translate ll_row-1 like a
> one variable. That must be ll_row - 1.
>
> Another problem is a much bigger. Sample:
> 1.step extract/prepare phrases: I mark 2 of 10 new phrases for
> translation,other 8 phrases aren't for translation
> 2.step translate extracted phrases: Translate that 2 phrases in the database
> 3.step apply translations to project: Translate pbl library
>
> When translation has been over, I have message: 'No translations phound.' TT
> skip 2 translated phrases and for all 10 phrases I have mesage: 'New phrases
> found, no marking or translation' ?!?
>
> Database isn't too big, 45000 phrases in table phrase_markings and 8000 in
> phrase_dictionary.
>
> Please help, this is very important problem.

0
Paul
4/18/2005 1:41:24 PM
Ok, thnx for info.

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> This forum group is for issues related to the Source Code Control
interface with PB (PVCS, StarTeam, VSS, etc.)   Please
> repost your question in the powerbuilder.general forum.
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> "Cooler" <nemam@mail.com> wrote in message news:42638af6@forums-2-dub...
> > Hello everywhone,
> >
> > I'm translating application with a Translation toolkit 8. Do you know in
> > Translation toolkit, where I can uncheck option 'Allow dashes in
> > identifiers'. I don't want (sample: 'll_row-1') translate ll_row-1 like
> > one variable. That must be ll_row - 1.
> >
> > Another problem is a much bigger. Sample:
> > 1.step extract/prepare phrases: I mark 2 of 10 new phrases for
> > translation,other 8 phrases aren't for translation
> > 2.step translate extracted phrases: Translate that 2 phrases in the
database
> > 3.step apply translations to project: Translate pbl library
> >
> > When translation has been over, I have message: 'No translations
phound.' TT
> > skip 2 translated phrases and for all 10 phrases I have mesage: 'New
phrases
> > found, no marking or translation' ?!?
> >
> > Database isn't too big, 45000 phrases in table phrase_markings and 8000
in
> > phrase_dictionary.
> >
> > Please help, this is very important problem.

0
Cooler

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

PB 8 (Translation toolkit)
Hello everywhone, I'm translating application with a Translation toolkit 8. Do you know in Translation toolkit, where I can uncheck option 'Allow dashes in identifiers'. I don't want (sample: 'll_row-1') translate ll_row-1 like a one variable. That must be ll_row - 1. Another problem is a much bigger. Sample: 1.step extract/prepare phrases: I mark 2 of 10 new phrases for translation,other 8 phrases aren't for translation 2.step translate extracted phrases: Translate that 2 phrases in the database 3.step apply translations to project: Translate pbl libra...

PB 8 and source-control
now with pb8, the develepoer checks-out from their local machine and checks-in into the local machine. in pb7, the check-out pbl used to be on the network and since the network was being backed up daily we had no problem of losing (modified checked-out) source code. I was wondering how I can accomplish that with PB8? Thanks What SCC are you using?? I can only tell you what I have..I'm using PVCS VM 6.8 with PB 8.01 Build 9056 on Win 2000 Pro workstations. The VM project is on our shared drive. I setup the initial workstation skeleton and had my teammates copy it to the...

PB 8 and source control
Hi We develop a rather large application with about 6000 objects in source control. We are using MSVSS 6.0 Build 9447 as source control. We have tried a several time to move up from PB7 to PB8 (last 8.0.3 9704) but yet we haven't been able to do a GetLatestVersion on our project. First of all it takes about � hour to import all objects and then about 1 hour to regenerate all objects. But PB8 then don't seem able to keep track of the inheretance of objects because we are geting error messages like functions not found and objects not found when regenerating. Has anyone else exp...

PB 8 Source Control
I am using PVCS Source Control with PB8. We use PFC with a corporate layer. How do I add PFC to a multiple targets and have the PFC objects locked? The docs on Using Source Control are pretty basic and the Technical Document "PowerBuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" is wrong for PB8. Is there any more in-depth documentation available or planned? Ask Roy Kiesler. <g> Mike Niemann, PBBrowser Author <Dan_McCarthy> wrote in message news:4EC2A8E975A944E30048D6FA85256AEF.0048D70A85256AEF@webforums... > I am using PVCS Source Control with PB8. We use ...

eDir 8.8 or 8.8.1
--____PFHXATGSAXOEYDMZASIM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 2 Nov 2006 04:58:20 -0600" Hello all, I always seem to not get this right. I am always confused about what = means what. I think it changes too much. Is eDir 8.8.1 really eDir 8.8 sp1 or is there an 8.8.1? I have 8.8 sp1 and am wondering if I need to upgrade to 8.8.1? Tom --____PFHXATGSAXOEYDMZASIM____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____IHFBHLEKCBLIDCAIXTDG____" ...

PB 8 Source Control
Hello All, Migrating from PB 7.0.3 to PB 8.0.3 Build 9704, no PFC, Win 2000 Pro SP-3 We want to use PB Native for Check-out/Check-in control in PB 8. Before we do it, does this concept sound right? 1. DeveloperA has created a workspace in PB8 and migrated all master PBLs from PB7 to PB8. 2 A copy of the master PBLs resides on DeveloperA's C: drive and nowhere else. The workspace has 10 targets. 3 The workspace is added to PB Native Source Control. The source control project folder is on a network drive, but starts out empty. 4 When the workspace is added to so...

pb 6.5 enterprise and pb 8.0 enterprise.
Hello all, I have a third party developer that all of our pos back office was written in pb 6.5 enterprise edition. I can only obtain pb 8.0 enterprise edition. I created a simple app that logins to an existing sqlanywhere 5.0 through odbc. The app (exe) runs fine on my pc that only has pb 8.0. On the machine that has the 6.5 environment the application will not connect to the database. The error reads: DBMS ODBC not configured in current installation Will not talk to the database? What am i missing? Thanks, Have you deployed the appropriate run time files? Sound...

PB 8 source code control
Our company has worked with desktop versions of PB since version 6. We are a small company, so source control was easy. Each person would have their own .pbl, and before anyone would copy an object to their pbl, they would check the pbls of other programmers. This was a bit of a pain but it works for a small company with limited funds. Now we have moved to PB 8, and have purchased one enterprise version and three desktop versions. We discovered that the library list is now unique to the target, rather than the user. So if my library list includes the development pbls plus my pbl, ...

PB 8 Native Source Control
Could someone explain me how to setup the native source control for PB 8. Previously (PB 7) we had local copies of all network PBL's and one additional local library for checkout purposes. We checkout from the network to this additional library. After checkin we synchronized network pbl's with local pbl's using a sync tool. What is the equivalent setup in PB 8? Thanks. Here's some info you can see..Check out Paul Horran's articles here: http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ 10 steps to setup powerbuilder and 3rd party source control tools http://my.sybase.co...

Source control in pb 8.0
SCC:VSS Pb Version:8.0.1 Copy of pbl should exist in the local or it's optional(i.e we can attach the lib from the shared drive) one thing i noticed is if i attach the pbl from the shared drive, objects r not listing as registered in VSS it is dispalying as + sign..what could be the problem ... ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Don't register the objects from PBLs on a shared LAN drive. Create the folder structure locally, copy the PBLs onto your local drive, and register the objects from there. Each ...

eDir 8.8 vs 8.8.1
Is 8.8.1 a full blown install or a patch? Don -- D.Lohr Technical Services James Madison University ++ Bad command or file name ++ Either. You can intall it on 87x or 88. It is a full blown install. SS202 is a needed patch after 881 so be sure to get it. On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:27:49 +0000, D.Lohr wrote: > Is 8.8.1 a full blown install or a patch? > > Don Thanks a bunch for the info. Don :) Jeff Johnson wrote: > Either. You can intall it on 87x or 88. It is a full blown install. SS202 > is a needed patch after 881 so be sure to get it. > ...

How to upgrade from 8.8 SP4 to 8.8 SP5

eDir 8.8 sp1 to 8.8 sp2
Running the upgrade from 8.8 sp1 to 8.8 sp2. I receive the following error message "unable to install novell-kerberos-ldap-extensions" the upgrade stops. -- jxn2083 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jxn2083 wrote: > > Running the upgrade from 8.8 sp1 to 8.8 sp2. I receive the following > error message "unable to install novell-kerberos-ldap-extensions" the > upgrade stops. any errors in /var/log/messages ? Not sure if there is a proper logfile for the upgrade process. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Web resources about - PB 8 enterprise (translation toolkit 8) - sybase.source-control