Check In/Check out


I am using PowerBuilder 9.


The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I 
so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 
hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. 
However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.


PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!



-- 
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
0
Michael
5/28/2004 12:30:57 PM
sybase.source-control 1715 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
976 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you want
to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug
(or enhancement request).

You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
which will give you control over their grouping.

On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
<michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>I am using PowerBuilder 9.
>
>
>The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I 
>so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 
>hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. 
>However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
>
>
>PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
5/28/2004 12:40:24 PM


But still. Is it not windows standard to put "Are you sure"


On 28 May 2004 05:40:24 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] 
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:

> This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you want
> to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug
> (or enhancement request).
>
> You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
> which will give you control over their grouping.
>
> On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
> <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> I am using PowerBuilder 9.
>>
>>
>> The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big 
>> problem! I
>> so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8
>> hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful.
>> However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
>>
>>
>> PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of 
> Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org



-- 
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
0
Michael
5/28/2004 12:50:54 PM
Case # 11038570 has been created


On 28 May 2004 05:50:54 -0700, Michael Skinner 
<michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>
> But still. Is it not windows standard to put "Are you sure"
>
>
> On 28 May 2004 05:40:24 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] 
> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>
>> This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you want
>> to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug
>> (or enhancement request).
>>
>> You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
>> which will give you control over their grouping.
>>
>> On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
>> <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I am using PowerBuilder 9.
>>>
>>>
>>> The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big 
>>> problem! I
>>> so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8
>>> hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful.
>>> However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
>>>
>>>
>>> PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> ISUG Enhancement Requests
>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of 
>> Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org
>
>
>



-- 
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
0
Michael
5/28/2004 1:05:15 PM
So odd.  I was sure that PB did bring up a messagebox in this situation.
But I guess not - tested it under PB 9 build 6533 & build 7171.  If you try
to GLV an object which is checked out - PB will bring up an error/warning
message to make it difficult for you to accidentally blow away your changes.
So, I would think it would be similar - that you should not be able to blow
away your changes with "undo checkout" without warning also.

But is this a bug or an enhancement request?  I guess depends on your point
of view.

Are you intending on submitting this (either as bug or enhancement request)
via CaseXPress or similar methods?

Tim.

"Michael Skinner" <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:opr8pm8olmxha5pw@forums.sybase.com...
>
>
>
> But still. Is it not windows standard to put "Are you sure"
>
>
> On 28 May 2004 05:40:24 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>
> > This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you want
> > to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug
> > (or enhancement request).
> >
> > You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
> > which will give you control over their grouping.
> >
> > On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
> > <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> I am using PowerBuilder 9.
> >>
> >>
> >> The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big
> >> problem! I
> >> so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8
> >> hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful.
> >> However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
> >>
> >>
> >> PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> >
> > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > ISUG Enhancement Requests
> > http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> >
> > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> > Assisi
> > http://www.needhim.org
>
>
>
> -- 
> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/


0
Timothy
5/28/2004 1:07:09 PM
There is a prompt in PB 7 using native when you select "clear checkout
status".

"Timothy Madsen" <timothy_madsen@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:40b7397d@forums-1-dub...
> So odd.  I was sure that PB did bring up a messagebox in this situation.
> But I guess not - tested it under PB 9 build 6533 & build 7171.  If you
try
> to GLV an object which is checked out - PB will bring up an error/warning
> message to make it difficult for you to accidentally blow away your
changes.
> So, I would think it would be similar - that you should not be able to
blow
> away your changes with "undo checkout" without warning also.
>
> But is this a bug or an enhancement request?  I guess depends on your
point
> of view.
>
> Are you intending on submitting this (either as bug or enhancement
request)
> via CaseXPress or similar methods?
>
> Tim.
>
> "Michael Skinner" <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:opr8pm8olmxha5pw@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> >
> >
> > But still. Is it not windows standard to put "Are you sure"
> >
> >
> > On 28 May 2004 05:40:24 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
> >
> > > This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you want
> > > to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug
> > > (or enhancement request).
> > >
> > > You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
> > > which will give you control over their grouping.
> > >
> > > On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
> > > <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> I am using PowerBuilder 9.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big
> > >> problem! I
> > >> so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost
8
> > >> hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more
careful.
> > >> However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > > http://www.teamsybase.com
> > >
> > > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> > >
> > > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> > >
> > > ISUG Enhancement Requests
> > > http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> > >
> > > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> > > Assisi
> > > http://www.needhim.org
> >
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
>
>


0
Scott
5/28/2004 2:08:26 PM
That was before Sybase introduced the crufty new SCC interface in 8 and
required it to be used for PB Native.

"Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
news:40b747da$1@forums-1-dub...
> There is a prompt in PB 7 using native when you select "clear checkout
> status".
>
> "Timothy Madsen" <timothy_madsen@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> news:40b7397d@forums-1-dub...
> > So odd.  I was sure that PB did bring up a messagebox in this situation.
> > But I guess not - tested it under PB 9 build 6533 & build 7171.  If you
> try
> > to GLV an object which is checked out - PB will bring up an
error/warning
> > message to make it difficult for you to accidentally blow away your
> changes.
> > So, I would think it would be similar - that you should not be able to
> blow
> > away your changes with "undo checkout" without warning also.
> >
> > But is this a bug or an enhancement request?  I guess depends on your
> point
> > of view.
> >
> > Are you intending on submitting this (either as bug or enhancement
> request)
> > via CaseXPress or similar methods?
> >
> > Tim.
> >
> > "Michael Skinner" <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:opr8pm8olmxha5pw@forums.sybase.com...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > But still. Is it not windows standard to put "Are you sure"
> > >
> > >
> > > On 28 May 2004 05:40:24 -0700, Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > > <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum.  If you
want
> > > > to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a
bug
> > > > (or enhancement request).
> > > >
> > > > You might want to add custom toolbar items for check-in/check-out,
> > > > which will give you control over their grouping.
> > > >
> > > > On 28 May 2004 05:30:57 -0700, Michael Skinner
> > > > <michael_b_skinnerNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> I am using PowerBuilder 9.
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big
> > > >> problem! I
> > > >> so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I
lost
> 8
> > > >> hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more
> careful.
> > > >> However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also.
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > > >
> > > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > > > http://www.teamsybase.com
> > > >
> > > > Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > > > http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
> > > >
> > > > Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> > > > http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
> > > >
> > > > ISUG Enhancement Requests
> > > > http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> > > >
> > > > Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis
of
> > > > Assisi
> > > > http://www.needhim.org
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
> >
> >
>
>


0
Jerry
5/28/2004 5:34:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Java script popup dialog box when a check box control is checked. How to do with a check box?
 I have a checkbox named cbxGetInfo. If someone checks the checkbox, I want to a popup dialog box confirming the action that will be done because of the checkbox being checked. A few months ago, I used a Java Script popup dialog box for a confirmation on an action being done. Now I need to figure out how to do this for when a check box has been checked. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Here is the code I place in my C# code.    cbxGetInfo.Attributes.Add("onchecked", "javascript:if(confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this record?...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

how to check if a check box created in runtime checked or not?
I have a webform that have mutiple collectios of check boxes created on run time ( database driven) what is the best way to loop between them and get which ones has been checked by a user and save the results back to the database below a portion of my code. i am adding the checkbox to cell table which added to a row, then to a table, finlally the table added to a place holderwhile (drProfileList.Read()) {HtmlTableRow tr = new HtmlTableRow(); HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell();CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox(); chkbox.ID = drProfileList["RoleID"].ToString();chkbox.T...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Check in/Check out questions
--------------2AFBC72935EA78376A16761F Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello ! I have some problems with using the check in/check out system. * I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the copy was empty except the application. Then I opened my orginal PBL and checked out some components. As I saw, the unchecked components can't be edited any more, OK, but I could start my application. OK. My problem was in the copied PBL, because there was (of course) only the uncheck compone...

Check-out check-in in PB7
Hello, How comes I can't check an object out that is not in the librairies search path whereas I could when I was using PB6.5 ? Upgrade to 7.0.1, where this is fixed. S. Arnaud MENARD <arnaud.menard@jii.fr> wrote in message news:38B24448.B370D954@jii.fr... > Hello, > How comes I can't check an object out that is not in the librairies > search path > whereas I could when I was using PB6.5 ? > Thanks a lot Simon ! Simon Caldwell a �crit : > Upgrade to 7.0.1, where this is fixed. > > S. > > Arnaud MENARD <arnaud.men...

Web resources about - Check In/Check out - sybase.source-control

Resources last updated: 11/28/2015 9:26:26 AM