Which rep server

Hi,

I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation.  Reading both
manuals there are small differences.  Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE
11.9.2 ?

Thanks for tips
\\\Georg

0
frankge17
9/3/2001 1:14:55 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes you can use.

"frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation.  Reading both
> manuals there are small differences.  Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE
> 11.9.2 ?
>
> Thanks for tips
> \\\Georg

0
PB
9/4/2001 1:17:44 PM
"frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation.  Reading both
> manuals there are small differences.  Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE
> 11.9.2 ?

Use RS 12.1 if you can...  You can rep to and from ASE 11.9.2.

Justin.

0
Justin

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Rep server 'hangs' with message 'waiting for server ... to boot'
When I install rep server for warm standby purposes, the message Waiting for server '<servername> ' to boot ... keeps returrning during the installation. On OS level I see three processes: sybase 10535 8082 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/i sybase 10537 10536 0 08:17:20 ? 0:01 /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/bin/repserver -Seinnl126_sybrep -C/opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ ins sybase 10536 10535 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ins What is it ...

Web resources about - Which rep server - sybase.rep-server

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

Hillary Clinton's email server contained SAP-level comms - Business Insider Deutschland
... Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. Thomson Reuters Hillary Clinton. Emails that passed through Hillary Clinton's private server while ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

China now the battleground for Intel server dominance
Intel has to keep a close watch on China, where an architectural battle could break its dominance in servers. Intel chips based on its x86 architecture ...

Former Sec Def Robert Gates: ‘Odds Are Pretty High’ Russia, China, And Iran Accessed Hillary’s Server ...
Former Sec Def Robert Gates: ‘Odds Are Pretty High’ Russia, China, And Iran Accessed Hillary’s Server

Qualcomm teams up with Chinese province for server chips
... government's investment arm and 45% owned by a subsidiary of Qualcomm. The JV will focus on the design, development and sale of advanced server ...

Intel Partners with Chinese Firms on Server Chips
The vendor will work with Tsinghua University and tech firm Montage to create data center offering that address Chinese security concerns.